• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Looking for good MMORPGS!

Zenithios

To live and not to breathe is to die in tragedy
Years
  • I didn't know where to put this, but the Video Games section was the obvious choice {XD}

Title is self explanatory I guess. I'm looking for MMORPGS that can be downloaded from the internet, since I'm bored of playing the exact same stuff everyday (League of Legends and MapleStory everyday is tiring), and I really want new games! Any game that can be downloaded is fine, but please, No Pay to Win games, and definitely no Pay to Play games, this is because I have no money to spend and I just want to play some cool games.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks to those who answer~

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Final Fantasy XIV is my personal favorite MMO, which is ironic considering its traditional format. It's a subscription MMO, but considering the amount of content and the quality of each patch, I'd say that heavily works in its favor. The crux of the game's appeal comes from being able to play any class at any point without having to sacrifice anything to do so- it's as simple as equipping a gearset/weapon and you're off.

Because you say no pay to play games, I'll just throw in that it there's a trial you can play which isn't time capped, you can play up to level 35 (out of a possible 70, albeit 50 with just the base game) with each individual class, so there's a good chunk of content you're capable of doing.

Other than that, TERA's a popular one. If we're talking Action RPG MMOs, my personal pick's always going to be Mabinogi, which is probably the most unique MMO I've ever played, one of my favorites, but is also pretty damn dated. Fast forwarding to today, I'd really even recommend Blade and Soul over TERA thanks to its more reactive combat (especially with the Martial Artist, which is the class that makes B&S fun to me at all because counters are love), though I hear Mabinogi Heroes (or whatever it's called over here, not really related to Mabinogi) is a pretty solid one as well. There's also Warframe, which just got a pretty big update recently.

Going back to more traditional MMOs, it's up in the air. Once you get to that point, it's really trying to figure out what you want. Dragon's Prophet and Riders of Icarus are pretty traditional and focus on capturing wild monsters to use as mounts (one being newer than the other). I hear Phantasy Star Online 2 is really fun, though you have to go through a few hoops to get to that point. Another popular one that's traditional and free's Star Wars: The Old Republic. I'm not a fan, personally, since it really didn't touch the things that made me like Knights of the Old Republic to begin with, but the people who like it tend to really like it, so it's worth a shot, at least.

Oh, also, Maplestory private servers. Those are fun.

Zenithios

To live and not to breathe is to die in tragedy
    Years
  • Alright, thanks for the suggestions, I'll let you know about my experiences once I've tried those games!

Graine

It looks at you and casts Mind Blast.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2018
    Pretty much everything from Machomuu's post. Excellent suggestions. I'll add that if you can afford the $10/month for FFXIV after the trial, it's definitely worth it.

I have a few more suggestions to add to the list.
    Runescape
    Hate it or love it. Runescape has been around since 2001. If you like endless grinding for skills and items, this game is for you. The F2P content of the game are extremely good and fun to play. You can also buy membership with ingame gold.

Neverwinter
    Classic D&D systems. The classes are fun, leveling up is easy, dungeons and PvP are a blast. I played for quite a long time and really enjoyed it.

Albion Online
    Officially launched a few months ago. It's a sandbox MMO similar to Runescape, but with a $30 price tag on it (Buy to Play, basically). You can also pay for membership with in game currency and it's fairly easy to collect enough money to do so.

Elder Scrolls Online
    This one is on the pricier side, but if you can afford the innitial cost, it is well worth the investment since they removed the monthly subscriptions.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I've always wanted an MMO that's kinda similar to MapleStory, because like it or not, if you're a fan of cutesy sidescrolling MMOs then MapleStory is going to be pretty hard to beat, sadly. :\

Why must Nexon be such an awful dev company?

also this isn't really a recommendation post but a general comment, sorry!!

Last edited:

Graine

It looks at you and casts Mind Blast.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2018
    I've always wanted an MMO that's kinda similar to MapleStory, because like it or not, if you're a fan of cutesy sidescrolling MMOs then MapleStory is going to be pretty hard to beat, sadly. :\

Why must Nexon be such an awful dev company?

also this isn't really a recommendation post but a general comment, sorry!!
    You might wanna check out Elsword Online. I haven't played it myself, but I've heard it's fairly similar to MapleStory. I've also heard that the characters and story are super cheezy but hey... It might be worth a look!

Last edited:

pkmin3033

One thing I would note about FFXIV is that it's only worth playing for the gameplay and the massive online community - if you want an MMO with a story, I'd suggest going elsewhere...I don't think there exists a game with as boring a story as that. People have a lot of praise for Heavensward and Stormblood, but you have to get through ARR first, and...yeah. It has ridiculously high entry barriers in that it puts you through the most mundane drivel imaginable before letting you do anything interesting.

...also queues for DPS classes are obscenely disgusting. You pretty much HAVE to play as a Tank or Healer unless you like waiting for hours on end.

Back