• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Video Game Villain?

Elixirloxx23

Just getting started!
Years
  • Who would be your favorite villain in video games? Personally, I'd go with Wolf O'Donnell. He can be totally summed up with, "Can't let you do that, Star Fox!"

EE028_AD4-64_A4-401_B-_A759-_B7_FD06037_BDD.jpg

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I definitely tend to pay more attention to the heroes, so usually not too many come to mind when talking about villains. :P

Cliche, overrated answer would be Sephiroth, but I really do appreciate him as a villain because of how fleshed out his backstory is - I'm usually more interested in villains if they have an origin story and aren't evil just because, so having played through Crisis Core and seeing his descent into madness, it made me like him as a villain a lot more.

I'll keep thinking though, I'm sure there are more villains I've liked that aren't coming to mind at the moment, haha.

string555

Banned
    Years
  • Well, it was always epic fighting Ganondorf/Ganon in the various Legend of Zelda games.

I also like Ansem and Xemnas's stories in Kingdom Hearts.

And of course, how could you go wrong with Bowser? He's like an O.G. villain, since he's been around so long. :P

TY

Vaas from Far Cry 3 is the one that comes to mind first to me. He was quite memorable and one hell of a villain.

I guess another one would be Kane from the C&C Tiberium universe (altho he isn't a villain if you play the Nod faction, since he's basically the leader of said faction... little problem with RTS games when you can play the evil faction too :P).

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Most likely someone from the Final Fantasy series. If you go for a really in depth look at lore and history, I'd have to say that Ardyn Izunia from XV is the best. But from more up front and apparent views, I'd have to say either Vayne Solidor or Seymour Guado.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • Weird one! Dr. Nefarious from Ratchet and Clank!
    Nothing weird here! Gotta love good ol' Nefarious!

That said, I really like the villains from Red Dead Redemption too! Bill Williams and Dutch van der Linde were such amazing characters.

MaӾiej

Huge Kida Fan
    Years
  • Master Xehanort has a lot more plot going for him. However, I'm more of a fan of Marluxia from Chain of Memories or Re: Chain of Memories because of the build-up before fighting him, his boss fights (Re: CoM-only because I never played the original GBA version), and the music for his boss fights.

I'm also a pretty big fan of Propeller and Specter Knight I'd also mentioned Plague Knight but after playing through Specter Knight's campaign, I like him more as a villain. (I'm assuming both would count since they're both villains in Shovel Knight's story, aka the main story.)

Back