• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"What is this? Is it fake? How much is it worth?" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowfire911

Snowfire, Keeper of Breloom and Shroomish
Years
I am perfectly aware of that, all im doing is saying that im interested when tamumpower is planning to sell his/her cards.

Years
I might be interested as well. Make sure to shoot me a PM when you get those things up for sale ;)
I have every base set, jungle and fossil card, but not many of them are First Edition so I might want to add to my collection :D

Last edited:
Years
Is this thread dead? Anyone know what these cards are listed as?

I completely forgot to check back after initially seeing you replied, whoops. I actually have no idea what to call them based on the copyright information on the back. They remind me of the Action Flipz cards but those are much smaller than the ones you've got, and they're not the usual movie promos either.

What country are you in? That might help.

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I was working for Regal Cinemas. They sent the one set of those cards. They were supposed to be a prize or giveaway promotion thing. That's all I can remember. We never did the promo, mostly because our General Manager took all the money from the safe and bought a minivan. He resigned the next day. Anyway, yeah it was from the first movie and I have never seen any other cards like them ever. I've been looking for almost 20 years, to me, these are the Sasquatch of Pokemon cards.

Years
I was working for Regal Cinemas. They sent the one set of those cards. They were supposed to be a prize or giveaway promotion thing. That's all I can remember. We never did the promo, mostly because our General Manager took all the money from the safe and bought a minivan. He resigned the next day. Anyway, yeah it was from the first movie and I have never seen any other cards like them ever. I've been looking for almost 20 years, to me, these are the Sasquatch of Pokemon cards.

Can't find a damn thing on them anywhere, as search results are currently being crowded out by limited showings for the new Pokemon! I Choose You movie.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 17, 2017
Looking for Rarity/Value

I have a Pok?mon card from 2002, the card is a meowth with a firework pattern in the background

Years
I have a Pok?mon card from 2002, the card is a meowth with a firework pattern in the background

Hi! Welcome to PokeCommunity. I've merged your thread into the appropriate thread for these questions.

However, I am going to need more details than "Card from 2002, Meowth, with a firework pattern in the background". That tells me very little. Are there any symbols on the card itself? Like a medal?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 12, 2021
Please help me identify these cards.

Hi all. So I was going through my Pokémon collection from when I was a kid and I stumbled upon these white stat cards. Now I've looked up and searched everything I can think on Google in an attempt to identify these cards with no luck. Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 20171119_024632101037104.jpg
    20171119_024632101037104.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 9
  • 20171119_024721392680185.jpg
    20171119_024721392680185.jpg
    991.6 KB · Views: 6
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 23, 2017
Can't Find This Card ANYWHERE

So I have a 2005 Deoxys 16/107 Card that looks to be part of a set that had the name ""EX Deoxys" on the pictures of everything. The only problem is I can't find the card ANYWHERE on the internet to sell it. Please help. I have the pictures of the one that I have. The one I have, has a small "EX" before a bigger "Deoxys" in all caps on the picture of Deoxys itself.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1A3r96UqRQuqOSOpmuZ9c-t4h6omrNWvI

Last edited:
Years
Hi all. So I was going through my Pokémon collection from when I was a kid and I stumbled upon these white stat cards. Now I've looked up and searched everything I can think on Google in an attempt to identify these cards with no luck. Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks in advance!

Hi, welcome to PokeCommunity! I've moved your post to the appropriate thread for these types of questions.

I have legit never seen those before? Do you remember getting them from anywhere special? Or does anyone you know remember getting them from anywhere special?

So I have a 2005 Deoxys 16/107 Card that looks to be part of a set that had the name ""EX Deoxys" on the pictures of everything. The only problem is I can't find the card ANYWHERE on the internet to sell it. Please help. I have the pictures of the one that I have. The one I have, has a small "EX" before a bigger "Deoxys" in all caps on the picture of Deoxys itself.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1A3r96UqRQuqOSOpmuZ9c-t4h6omrNWvI

Hi, welcome to PokeCommunity! I've moved your post to the appropriate thread for these types of questions.

Basically, what you have there is an alternate holo Deoxys from EX Deoxys. Alternate holos from the era the EX Deoxys set is from had a the card art background holo and then put the set logo from the outside of the packs in the bottom right corner of the card art box. Worth about the same as the non-Alternate holo version, really.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 12, 2021

I have legit never seen those before? Do you remember getting them from anywhere special? Or does anyone you know remember getting them from anywhere special?

Thanks Donavannj! Sorry I didn't realize there was a thread for this. But I had gotten this binder from a garage sale from when I was little. It appears to me that they go along with one of the first gen pokemon games considering that on the back of the cards it shows where to find them on the map. But other than that I have no clue. I've looked up any terms I can relate to the card and have come up with nothing so far.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 20, 2017
What is this card worth? (Machamp misprint)

I have here a first edition holo 8/102 Machamp. I was wondering what the value is due to the misprint that can be seen just under the resistance. It's noticeably a misprint because the error appears under the letter "r". Also, the coloring is the same exact texture as the card, and matches the yellow trim of the card. Please let me know what you think!

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 6
Years
Thanks Donavannj! Sorry I didn't realize there was a thread for this. But I had gotten this binder from a garage sale from when I was little. It appears to me that they go along with one of the first gen pokemon games considering that on the back of the cards it shows where to find them on the map. But other than that I have no clue. I've looked up any terms I can relate to the card and have come up with nothing so far.

The thing is, I got all 3 first gen games back in the day and none of my cartridges came with anything like that. They do look like the stat charts that the game manuals came with except the ones in the game manuals were on a tan page rather than in card form.

I have here a first edition holo 8/102 Machamp. I was wondering what the value is due to the misprint that can be seen just under the resistance. It's noticeably a misprint because the error appears under the letter "r". Also, the coloring is the same exact texture as the card, and matches the yellow trim of the card. Please let me know what you think!

Hi, welcome to PokeCommunity. I've moved your post to the appropriate thread for these types of questions.

The value is actually less than the normal version because that factory defect looks very much like a paint spill or a water spill stain on the card, unless you get very lucky with your buyer. That particular version of Machamp (the shadowed Base Set Machamp) is worth about $5 normally, so yours would be worth $3 to $4 to most people.

Years
So I have a 2005 Deoxys that I can't find anywhere on the internet. All I find is the same card without the name and its not a silver rare star like this. If you could help me identify it that would be great thanks!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1A3r96UqRQuqOSOpmuZ9c-t4h6omrNWvI/view?usp=sharing

I, uh, actually answered your question for this on the last page of this thread after moving your posts into this thread (specifically, this post: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9797096&postcount=222) .

I'll repeat what I basically said in that post, though: It's an alternate/reverse holo version of the Deoxys you keep finding on the internet. Sets released around the time of EX Deoxys had their "reverse" holos as an alternate holo pattern like in the picture. Your best bet for searching is using "reverse holo EX Deoxys 16/107". It's the reverse holo of one of 3 Deoxys cards from EX Deoxys .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back