• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"What is this? Is it fake? How much is it worth?" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Good afternoon. I wanted to start off by apologizing if this is the wrong spot for this.
I've collected TCG cards for many years and came across a few pokemon cards I can not find information about. They appear to be Japanese. They are smaller than standard cards and seem pretty flimsy. On the back where it should say "Nintendo" they say "NTENDO" I was just curious if these are fakes or not. Thank you for you time.
I don't think any of mine have the NTENDO error (though it's hard to say since the red is bleeding into the blue on the few I checked), but there's a good chance that they're stickers. Either way, they're fake. Still nice to look at, though!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 15, 2021
Recently i've been going through my family member's pokemon cards and pricing them, he has two cubes of pokemon cards, one with a holo jungle set kangaskhan on the front, and one with a holo base set Gyrados on the front. I figured these cards were cubes that he bought from a store, and are proboly a scam, but he insists that he opened up a pokemon card box of some kind and those plastic wrapped cards were in there, and he just never opened them. After searching I can't find any boxes that have plastic wrapped cubes of these particular cards. can anyone tell me if there's any pokemon card boxes that had cards wrapped like this?

Attachments

• IMG_3387[1].JPG
    IMG_3387[1].JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Mar 14, 2021
I don't think any of mine have the NTENDO error (though it's hard to say since the red is bleeding into the blue), but there's a good chance that they're stickers. Either way, they're fake. Still nice to look at, though!

Thank you for replying! I figured they were fake but always good to have an opinion of people in the know

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Recently i've been going through my family member's pokemon cards and pricing them, he has two cubes of pokemon cards, one with a holo jungle set kangaskhan on the front, and one with a holo base set Gyrados on the front. I figured these cards were cubes that he bought from a store, and are proboly a scam, but he insists that he opened up a pokemon card box of some kind and those plastic wrapped cards were in there, and he just never opened them. After searching I can't find any boxes that have plastic wrapped cubes of these particular cards. can anyone tell me if there's any pokemon card boxes that had cards wrapped like this?
Overgrowth and Power Reserve theme decks.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 3, 2021
Hey Everyone-

Like a lot of people, I have been going through old Pokemon cards and found a couple that I think might be worth some money. However I came across this card and for the life of me I can not find any info at all about it. It is a Japanese Trainer card with Gligar and Bellossom artwork on it. The symbol makes it appear it is from the Neo Genesis set but it is not listed on the setlist. Can someone help? Images are attached.

Attachments

• IMG_5003.jpg
    IMG_5003.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5004.jpg
    IMG_5004.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 5
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hey Everyone-

Like a lot of people, I have been going through old Pokemon cards and found a couple that I think might be worth some money. However I came across this card and for the life of me I can not find any info at all about it. It is a Japanese Trainer card with Gligar and Bellossom artwork on it. The symbol makes it appear it is from the Neo Genesis set but it is not listed on the setlist. Can someone help? Images are attached.

100% fake. Sorry. :(

The backs of all legit Japanese cards has trademarked information printed in red on the back, near the bottom of the card. Yours is lacking that plus says "Y2K Game Card" which was never posted on any Pokémon card that I'm aware of and no doubt in my mind is there to confuse people in purchasing a fraudulent card.

Do me a favor and see if it's the size to what you know to be a legit card. All reports on these fakes say they're significantly smaller. Maybe try testing that out.

Still, not everyday I've seen something like this! I'd definitely hang on to it for the fun of it. Love cards like that, haha. :)

Edit: sorry for the multiple notifications, I can't spell. ( ̄ヘ ̄ メ)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 12, 2021
Hello!
I just found a weird looking card, and i dont know if its fake or what.

Its Raikou 28/144 non-holo, but the card is green, and a little bit smaller than regular cards, while the "real" Raikou card is yellow

I would appreciate help

I cant post links yet, but here is picture of the card : imgur.com/a/shTXJHp

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Hello!
I just found a weird looking card, and i dont know if its fake or what.

Its Raikou 28/144 non-holo, but the card is green, and a little bit smaller than regular cards, while the "real" Raikou card is yellow

I would appreciate help

I cant post links yet, but here is picture of the card : imgur.com/a/shTXJHp
Yes, this card is VERY fake.

Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Apr 21, 2021
Hi, I have a 2016 Chrizard card is it worth anything?

Attachments

• 20210417_150219.jpg
    20210417_150219.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 30, 2021
Hello there!

I've had a sizeable collection of cards for the majority of my life, and have often wanted to share one card in particular in an environment like this. Understandably, I'm a bit shy with it. I'm not looking to sell or part with this card, but I've never had it appraised or shown it to anyone else so I'd like to see what you guys think!

It's a holographic Charizard, original run 4/102. Shadowless, and the part that really confuses me is that the holographic print pattern is actually incorrect. This has had me questioning its legitimacy. I'm aware that this particular card, with the normal holo print, is incredibly rare and highly sought-after. To my knowledge, the previous owner talked about it in a forum back in the early 2000's, I don't think he'd posted a picture. So here it is! What do you guys think?

Y91pylV.jpg

~Collector

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Hi, I have a 2016 Chrizard card is it worth anything?

This one is fake, unfortunately. Wrong fonts, says Stage 1 instead of Stage 2, Charmeleon icon should use Gen. I art, extra space between to and this, "cery high temperatures"...

Hello there!

I've had a sizeable collection of cards for the majority of my life, and have often wanted to share one card in particular in an environment like this. Understandably, I'm a bit shy with it. I'm not looking to sell or part with this card, but I've never had it appraised or shown it to anyone else so I'd like to see what you guys think!

It's a holographic Charizard, original run 4/102. Shadowless, and the part that really confuses me is that the holographic print pattern is actually incorrect. This has had me questioning its legitimacy. I'm aware that this particular card, with the normal holo print, is incredibly rare and highly sought-after. To my knowledge, the previous owner talked about it in a forum back in the early 2000's, I don't think he'd posted a picture. So here it is! What do you guys think?

~Collector

The shoddy foil application screams fake to me. First off, the gaps between its arms/neck/wings/tail should be foiled. Two, we should be able to see the background artwork through the foil.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 10, 2021
Hey everyone.
Could someone tell me if this card might be something worth.. I've read on the internet that the same lugia was sold for a big amount money. Not that I want to sell it. But just want to know.
Thanks for your help
M.

Attachments

• IMG-20210417-WA0006.jpeg
    IMG-20210417-WA0006.jpeg
    556.2 KB · Views: 3
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back