• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mother's Day

Years
  • Mother's Day is coming up! I ended up getting my mom a $100 Amazon gift card and need to sign her card tomorrow so it's ready. Curious to see her reaction since she always says she never wants anything and probably doesn't expect an Amazon gift card of all things. She has Amazon packages coming in every other day though, so I figured it'd be more useful than just flowers lol

Years
  • my mom isn't a materialistic person really

all she wants is that we (as a family) are here for her etc, and that's more than what she could ever really want.

besides, she just got to see a family friend that she hasn't seen in years, and i think that in itself is more than enough for her.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I went shopping with my brother yesterday, got my mom a new phone since she really needs one and an orchid plant for his mom (she's bedridden and not very mobile, so it's hard to shop her for). I still want to get my mom something small from just me today though, since my brother paid for the phone.

For the celebration, we'll be having lunch with my brothers' mom, and dinner with mine. :)

Years
  • It was nice reading all of the different mother's day accounts.

I had a very nice time with my mom. I went to the store early morning (needed groceries anyway) and bought my mom her favorite foods. She loves oatmeal cookies with raisins in them, and has eaten them since she was a child so, I got some of those from the bakery. Her favorite food is seafood, she likes shellfish in particular and goes crazy over jumbo shrimp. So I got that and cooked it for her for dinner. There was also so much delicious fresh fruit on sale, so I stocked the fridge with strawberries, plums, grapes, oranges, apples, bananas and offered a feast.

I decided to buy my mom a hummingbird feeder as a special present. She specifically had asked me not to buy her anything becsuse of money I had spent for home repairs, but I still wanted her to have something that felt like a mother's day present and it wasn't very expensive. Besides my mom does the same with me when I ask her not to get me anything. She still surprises me! I remember she had mentioned in the most general way once that she was thought a humming bird feeder in the garden would be nice, so I thought it would be fun if one appeared on mother's day. She acted really surprised and happy with it, and quickly hung it up.

A lot of bird feeders I think get overdesigned and tacky. but this was simple and elegant. I found the artist on Etsy and he is a glassblower. He used an old Italian technique called lampworking to make it.

Then I spent some time watching her favorite movies with her. It was a nice day.

Back