• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Let's Go] Pokémon Let’s Go Pikachu and Let’s Go Eevee and Pokémon Day 2018

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
  • Remember "Pokémon Day 2018" on February 27th and how there was a count down to the day, that seemed quite interesting? Well I think that Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee were meant to be announced on February 27th, rather than May 30th, but the announcement was delayed possibly due to the Let's Go games not being ready for an announcement. What do you think?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • They don't typically announce games on the Pokemon anniversary, to be fair; they did it with SM given it was a nice round number (20th anniversary), but you don't have it happen often I believe. And to delay the announcement for several months is fairly major. I mean, it could be the case, but there's no other reason for it afaik.

Furthermore, as it is still a gen 7 game, the shorter time between announcement and release makes sense; you usually see longer gaps between announcement and release for new gen games. (Gen 8 arguably has already been announced, haha.)

Back