• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] Hoenn: The Road [IC] [M]

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
Years
0ASuJLR.png

Marmara Ortega
190MS.png
|
Bag_Pok
|
Bag_Pok
|
Bag_Pok
|
Bag_Pok
|
Bag_Pok
2 of 2

"Aren't you too old to be fighting the first gym leader?" Both Marmara and the boy positioned themselves yards from each other. A geodude was released from the youngster's pokeball, stretching and letting out a deep grunt.

Marmara hesitated in her response, slightly blushing out of self-consciousness. It's not the first time it had been pointed out. "I-I just didn't want to drop out of school," she sheepishly explained. "A lot of kids drop out to be trainers and later on have hard times getting jobs without diplomas."

The child gave her a dumbfounded glance. "...what?" Aipom leaped off Marmara and awaited impatiently for further instruction. She twisted and danced in place, not having battled for what felt like ages.

"Um!" She paused, mind blank. Nothing came to mind to ease the already awkward conversation. It was a young child after all; not the response the boy expected.

"So? We gonna fight or what? I don't got all day! Geodude use rollout!" the boy suddenly initiated, astonishing Marmara.

Alarmed, Marmara blurted out "Aipom dodge!" Fortunately she was rewarded with witnessing her partner dodge it with the help of her tail's power, bouncing out of the way with a beaming smile.

"Use rollout again!"

"Dodge!" The same was repeated, much to the annoyance of the boy. He stomped the ground and glared at the monkey.

"Again!"

"Dodge!" All seemed like it was going to be an endless cycle, until.

"Grab the monkey! Now!"he commanded, pointing at the simian. The rock did a sudden halt and swiveled to face its opponent.

Marmara let out a gasp. "W-wait, Aipom!" was all she could muster before witnessing her dear friend's tail yanked. "Scratch!" In panic the monkey scratched the boulder as it tightly grasped her tail. But the move had no effect, merely sounding like nails on a chalkboard that caused her to flinch from the pain.

"Tackle Geodude!" With a forceful yank the boulder sent the purple monkey before it. As ordered they charged towards the enemy, who was regaining her balance.

"Watch out!" Marmara blurted out, closed hands then gently covering her mouth. At that moment she mentally visualized her partner dodge and slap them out of the way. However, reality was a different beast; Geodude landed a critical hit, smack dab right on her pearly whites.

Aipom landed with a splat, letting out a small pained cry. Already the boulder turned and held itself back, awaiting further orders. Aaaaiiii...?

"Aipom it's okay!" Marmara attempted to console her partner from afar. An urge to run up to the injured critter and save it from its misery began to kindle. "...are you okay?" But alas she did not. When Marmara first began to train fresh out of high school she didnt hesitate to rush amidst a brawl to protect her dear Pok?mon. However, overtime she was taught to cease the behavior, not by her parents but by peers.

"Pffft, tackle Geodude!" the youngster impatiently resumed the battle. Marmara mentally panicked, Aipom's moveset juggling in her thought process.

From the scramble of words Marmara yelled out the first she stumbled upon, "S-sand Attack!" The simian slapped her third appendage against the dirt floor, sending a handful of it her enemy's way. Despite the sand shower the boulder trekked on, eyes closed from irritation.

The impact was a hard one, taking the breath out of Aipom as she skidded. "Seriously? Are you even trying?" Marmara ignored the boy's commentary and fretted upon her partner's struggle to stand. But what caught her attention more was Geodude's frequent flinching.

It must be due to the sand. "Use Sand Attack once more!"

"Rollout!" By now Marmara learned the boy resorted to brute force and had yet to use any other move other than tackle and rollout. But then again she herself didn't use non-damaging moves until Aipom was in danger. Could it have gone differently had she used sand attack from the start?

The Geodude's sight was now in question, not in line with Aipom. And it gave her an advantage. "Now you can dodge." With ease Aipom stepped aside, the enemy having made a crooked line towards her. "Tail Whip when you can!"

Eee ee! she shrieked in enthusiasm, enjoying the brawl despite her injuries.

Aipom followed and, upon the boulder halting, used Tail Whip.

In frustration the boy repeated his tactics, only for Marmara to take advantage and do the same. "Rollout!"

"Tail Whip!"

"Grab the monkey again! Again!" the youngster hollered his order. He smirked upon Aipom's move being forced to a stop upon the tail being grasped, a vexed Geodude impatient to finish the battle.

Oh no! Not again. Marmara panicked once more, unable to properly think. "G-go Aipom! Get away!"

"No!" the boy shot back, believing he was tasting victory. He pointed at the enemy. "Use rollout!" But upon hurling Aipom forward Marmara still had yet to utilize all of her partner's moveset.

"Let's use bounce if you can!" Aipom's eyes altered from anguish to that of hope, frown now upside down.

The monkey recovered midair, successfully able to immediately bounce high with the aid of her tail upon landing. Geodude grew startled, glancing up to locate its target.

"Rock polish! Rock polish!" the youngster hurried, unaware it knew bounce. Unfortunately it was too late however, for it had no time to polish itself before Aipom came down with a vengeance. The tail whips had worsened the blow, having lowered defenses just enough to...

"What?!" ...faint the Geodude. It slowly rolled on to its back, exhausted and defeated. A small groan escaped their rocky lips, fingers twitching and body rocking back and forth.

"We... did it. We did it. Yes. Yes! Aipom we did it!" Marmara rejoiced, her partner skipping over to her. She climbed up to her shoulder, arms failing to wrap themselves around her forehead.

Marmara lifted her only Pok?mon off her shoulders and locked herself in a gentle embrace. It took a mere second before Aipom smirked, enjoying the warmth her trainer gave off.

But victory was sweet, yet fleeting. It was then that Marmara learned of her dear Aipom's chipped two front upper teeth. With this knowledge her joy transformed into that of guilt. After all, she insisted on battling one of Roxanne's trainers. "Oh my god I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry are you Okay? Are your teeth okay?"

Aiiiipom! it cooed, one hand resting on its hip whilst the other adoringly patting Marmara's cheek.

"...Pok?mon Center," she mumbled to herself, throwing Aipom into a state of angst. She wasn't a fan of the place.

A-Aiiieee! Aie! she cried in response.

In the background the youngster kicked the rocks around, Geodude now housed inside its pok?ball. He mumbled, displeased.

Last edited:

doge

???
Years
And so, the liar doge rises from the dirt, ushering in the new and weak post that he should've made many days and nights ago! This is a little rushed so if I missed anything PLEASe let me know! Thanks for your patience, guys!

P.S. The strip of text meant for GravityDefy is defying gravity right now, refusing to get any closer to quote below it...

Aoi Saito

After battle
004MS.png
Pyro the Charmander's level has increased to 16! This Pokemon is ready evolve, you may do so whenever you see fit.​

Hobbling back to regain his footing, the old man grinned, his lips curving along the confines of his full, long untended beard, the lines along his eyes drawing deeper. "Young lady…" he started, faking a tone of exasperation. "You could've knocked me over! A feeble old man me like can't take much these days, you know!"

His cane smacked against the ground, the man clearly enjoying his joke.​

Old man Briney might have needed life alert there! What the good-natured old man does next is up to you. If you decide to have him invite you and the group over to his house, the men occupying it have already left, leaving few, if any, traces behind. Day is descending into evening and Aoi is free to do as she pleases for the rest of it!

Aleksander Clay

After battle
194MS.png
Sir the Wooper's level increases to 13!

The Torkoal had only seemed to faint, momentarily losing strength in its legs. It rose up sluggishly, but by whatever anger it had felt earlier was quelled now due to the efforts of Aleksander and his Pokemon. It wandered off into one of the crevices along the tunnel's sides, disappearing from sight. In the place the Pokemon had fallen was a fragment glinting with yellow hues. Alone it held little significance, but perhaps it had been broken off of something.​

When Aleksander travels further into the tunnel, he'll find sleeping Pokemon much like the Torkoal, but this time gathered in clusters. It would be best for the teen to watch his steps from now on.

A firestone is hidden somewhere in the Fiery Path, perhaps a trainer with more time on their hands can find it.

Nolan Dichard

When Nolan's eyes finally shut, he'd drift off in a long, pleasant sleep. The morning ushers in a new day as the noise of both wild Pokemon and tired trainers fill the air.​

To the west of Route 118 is the newly constructed Mauville City, a technological wonder leaving many to debate whether or not it actually constitutes a city. But before Nolan is able to cross over to Mauville, he must find a way across the stretch of water that separates the city and route.

To east is Route 123, leading into Route 122 and the region's Mt. Pyre. Adventure awaits on both fronts; whichever Nolan decides to tread.

Kiyo Shima

After battle
302MS.png
Gremm the Sableye's level has increased to 13!
After battle
303MS.png
Mollie the Mawille's level has increased to 12!

Congratulations to Kiyo for earning his first badge, the Knuckle Badge! Steven Stone watched on admirably, memories from his very first gym battle coming to mind. He'll congratulate Kiyo and speak briefly with Brawly before setting off to the north of the island.

By the time Kiyo's battle with Brawly is over the day has hit its midpoint, evening just hours ahead. The ship to (either Slateport or to Petalburg) has arrived, docked along the harbor. A horn blares out onto the docks, warning would-be passengers that it is soon departing. The ship is scheduled to reach its destination in tomorrow's early morning, but while the day still stands, what surprises if any await the rookie trainer?

Marmara Ortega

After battle
190MS.png
Aipom's level has increased to 16!

Here is irrelevant Roxanne perspective that really doesn't matter... I'm not sure why I wrote it!​
Roxanne had watched over the battle, her previous challenger having been dispatched in swift victory. For the most part, the gym leader watched on with an amused but bored expression. In some ways she enjoyed the novelty of new trainers in their first battles – their reactions and momentary panic – but in other ways it frustrated her to watch. This battle was for the most part unremarkable aside from the female trainer's panicked expressions. Still, Roxanne could appreciate that unlike many other new trainers, this one did not rush into battle headstrong, although it was an equally unprepared approach. Walking away she made a mental note of the girl.​

Nevermind, I made it relevant - kind of! Marmara is free to do as she pleases with the rest of her evening!​

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
Years
0ASuJLR.png

Marmara Ortega
190MS.png
|
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png
|
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png
|
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png
|
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png
|
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png

The Pokémon Center machines worked in the background as trainers healed their partners. Marmara was one of many who had brought a patient of her own, albeit Aipom wasn't ecstatic to be returning.

"Here you go sweetie. Good as new!" Nurse Joy regurgitated the same line. Her arms were wrapped around the monkey's waist, her tail slapping the nurse's shoulder in anticipation of Marmara's own arms. Out of all the teeth, the ones noticeably chipped were the two top middle teeth.

"What about his teeth?" Marmara asked in worry, both her and Aipom's arms simultaneously extending out. Her partner giggled in the reunion as Marmara kept glancing at the nurse, awaiting an answer.

"You can take her to a local dentist to see them. Would you like for me to give you a list of all the dentists in our area? I would be glad to."

"Yes please. If that's okay."

"Of course sweetie." The nurse's thin, nimble fingers click-clacked on the keyboard prior to ambling over to the printer feet behind her. Aipom climbed up to her shoulder, face buried within the nook of her neck out of affection. "Here you go honey."

"Thank you. Very much!" Marmara blurted out, hands gingerly accepting the one warm paper. Without further ado the women parted ways with the trainer leaving the center. Aipom curiously glanced around, never tired of studying the same environment in hopes it changed.

She stood in front of the center, still yet somber. A win was a win in battles, most certainly, but despite that fact she wasnt satisfied. To see Aipom be victorious without so much as a struggle is her goal. What she saw was much different. But then again she must realize it's expected when a novice brawls against such a type matchup. Like her father spoke of, perhaps a new Pokémon is in order.

A mild breeze caressed her skin, scent that of a mixture of greasy junk food and salty sea. She forgets she's near an ocean at times were it not for the outside reminders.

Aipom remained in her position, teeth feeling a tingly sensation as a result of the hard hit they received. Eeeeeeee!

Marmara chuckled, one hand scratching Aipom's back. "Awww my poor baby. We'll get your teeth fixed up, okay?" In response the simian curled her tail around her trainer's arm, content. "Okie dokie, so I guess we need stuff. I'll get potions I guess. I mean we need them if we're going to train some more, right?"

It didn't take long to locate the PokeMart blocks away.

"Do you want anything?" Marmara asked her partner as they entered the cold environment. A blast of wind welcomed them inside accompanied by plenty of chatting voices. Trainers and non-trainers alike littered the store, some followed by their Pokémon.

As if on cue, when a stranger's Bidoof let out a squeal for attention within, Aipom obliged and responded with a cry of her own despite being unable to locate them. Aiiii aiii!

Doof! DOOF. Marmara blushed in embarrassment, head tilted down with eyes barely making out what's in front of her as she navigated through the aisles. "Sssssh, Aipom," Marmara murmured to her companion. But she was more preoccupied with catching a glimpse of the elusive Bidoof, who continued to bellow out calls.

Despite the jungle calls Marmara began to shop. She had picked up an abandoned basket from the pokéball isle and made a bee line towards the potions.

It was busy inside the store with banter in the background. Pokémon, such as the mysterious yet annoying Bidoof, could be made out from the tapping of shoes and cash registers. So much was the load asked of the new employee that a new cash register opened to lessen their load.

After debating how many potions to obtain - four was decided - Marmara placed herself on the shortest cash register line. Aipom surveyed the store, smirking to every passerby.

"She's so cute, awwwwe."

"Hey there cutie!"

"Heeeeeey."

"Good evening fellow friend."

"Aiiiee aiiee!" Aaaaaaaipom!

The compliments and attention were never-ending. Marmara would sheepishly smile, yet relieved they cared more for the Pokémon perched on her shoulder than its trainer. The most that came out of her was a mere "Thank you."

As the customers were checked out Marmara eventually reached a small stand that normally housed candy set aside for clearance. On it was an old rod.

Her father's words echoed, And why don't you just catch yourself a water or grass type?

"U-um, you can go ahead," she began prior to turning to face the individual behind her. "I'm still looking." She stepped aside to allow the line to continue, attention now on the old rod.

It was cheap. It was of bad quality. It was rather ugly. But did it work? It IS on clearance, she thought, debating on the purchase. I can get it for cheap now before somebody buys it. If it's bad then I won't feel as bad if I bought it for more.

Marmara grasped the old rod and held it before her.

But I don't know how to fish.

- - - - -​

A video played on Marmara's device. Fishing for dummies wasn't that long of a watch either, but the trainer had to repeat its contents to feel better about what she was about to attempt. Not that it really helped, but it did boost her confidence.

She sat on Rustboro's desolate harbor, legs crossed on the middle of the pier. The waters were calm and glistened beneath the clear blue sky. Aipom leaned down the edge of the pier, eyes exploring the life underneath the surface of the water.

Before proceeding to pull out her old rod Marmara quickly glanced around. There was nobody near her. "I... can do this."

The old rod was retrieved from inside her bag. Cracks and the sound of stretched wood greeted the duo. Aipom's ears twitched to the splashes that would land on her, tail wagging in excitement.

"Look Aipom! My first time fishing!" Marmara gushed, somewhat thrilled to be sharing a moment with her only Pokémon. The monkey shot up with her white, chipped teeth glistening within a beaming smile.

Marmara did as the internet instructed her to do. Then, with the snap of her wrists she motioned forward with her hands and...

It broke.

The old rod broke.

Last edited:
Years
Charlie Dalton
Spr_4d_446.png

Charlie's footsteps in his clunky hiking boots were as heavy as lead as he sloshed through the grass, which was still wet with morning dew. A blissful smile was spread across the young man's unshaven face as he enjoyed a lava cookie, a meager breakfast for someone of his stature, but he figured it would hold him over until lunchtime. Charlie broke off bits of the crusty, cracker-like pastry and fed them to Emile, who was lounging on his shoulder.

"Just have one quick errand, then we'll get going to Rustboro. Okay, buddy?" Charlie said to his partner, spraying chalky bits of lava cookie crumbs into the air in front of him. Emile chirped in agreement.

As the citizens of Petalburg began to emerge from their homes, many were abuzz with the news of the previous night's earthquake, a story that Charlie pieced together from bits of different conversations as he made his way through the city. Although he felt guilty admitting it, he was slightly disappointed that he had missed the tremor. Charlie and Emile were both extremely deep sleepers; the boy had slumbered through his alarm and missed class too many times to count. On one particular occasion, his football coach had sent the high school marching band to his house to wake him after he had missed the beginning of a Saturday morning game. He very nearly slept through the event, too, but the beating of the bass drum finally revived him.

Charlie had finally arrived at his destination, which was a small house constructed in a similar style as the majority of the other domiciles in Petalburg.

"Emile, you think you can climb up to that window?" Charlie requested, pointing to the second story of the house.

The Munchlax leapt off of his shoulder and made his way to the base of the wall. Emile lodged his claws into the wooden siding and began to slowly climb, only making it about halfway up before tumbling back to the ground.

"That's okay," Charlie said with a smile, attempting to remedy his Pokémon's hurt confidence. "I have an idea."

Charlie reached down and picked up a small stone off of the ground. He wound back and tossed it at the window with enough force so that it would make a sound but wouldn't shatter the glass. It pattered and flew off in some indiscernible direction. The window flew open and the fresh, open face of Charlie's ex-girlfriend, Audrey, scowled down at him, her auburn hair still wet from a morning shower. He could hear the punk rock music of the Virbank City Gym Leader, Roxie, and her band playing from within her bedroom.

"Charlie, what the actual psyduck are you doing here?" she shouted at him, appalled that he would appear at such an early hour.

"I'm leaving on my journey today!" he called up at her, hiding his embarrassment behind a foolish grin. "I want you to come with me!"

"We're over with," she said, rolling her eyes. "What don't you get about that? Was it too many concussions on the football field?"

"Very funny," Charlie replied, pressing his lips together.

"Go home," Audrey insisted.

"I just-"

"Goodbye, Charlie," she interrupted, holding up her hand to signal him to be quiet and looking away. "Please don't ever come back here again. Why don't you just go get a job?" She slammed the window shut.

Charlie stood, not quite sure how to react being that things hadn't gone according to plan. He was slightly stung by Audrey's words, but tried to conceal this from Emile, who gave his Trainer a concerned look.

"Well," he said, breaking the awkward silence that had fallen upon the duo. "Let's go."

Emile climbed back on to Charlie's shoulder and they headed towards Route 104.

Days
  • Age 15
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 7, 2023
As that was happening, Tex happened to be walking near where Marmara was fishing, concealing his Team Magma jacket underneath a grey sweatshirt. When the rod snapped, Tex heard it loud and clear. What was that? he thought before deciding to go where he had heard the rod snap. As soon as he saw that someone was there, and a Pokémon trainer no less, he hid behind a large bolder, not wanting to battle at the moment, nor wanting his reputation to be ruined even further.

Back