• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Kaizo

How Kaizo was this?

• Truly Kaizo

Votes: 1,171 71.9%
  • Fairly Challenging

Votes: 266 16.3%
  • Entertaining

Votes: 134 8.2%
  • Needs more Kaizo map edits

Votes: 66 4.1%
  • Unfair

Votes: 176 10.8%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Here I am, trying to get an Abra in Granite Cave. Is it stupidly rare, or what? Wish there was a Pokemon Locations document...

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2020
    I have also beaten the game as well. i also happened to find 3 shinnies in my play through. i found a heracross, tyranitar, and latios. I actually got etika to get in on the action.

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2018
    UMM can anyone make a pokemon location with rarity list cause i dont know where to find what pokemon. And where if there are some rare pokemon im lookning for i can never know.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    Could we have a changelog please? Like I am unsure if some features are plain broken or are turned off intentionally, like thief not stealing your opponent's items.

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2018
    Heya- I got through the ice puzzle in Granite Cave, only to be met with a ladder that has a breakable rock on it. At this point in the game I don't have rock smash, and I can't progress until I actually get to Steven. I watched a guide on youtube to the cave- but he simply went through the ladder and there was no rock there. What happened? Did my copy of the game bug out?

LHB

Years
  • This has already been brought up, but please raise the encounter rates to reasonable levels. It adds nothing to the game other than tedium, especially when some Pokemon are only available in one or two spots max at a <5% encounter rate already.

LHB

Years
  • I've compiled a wild list using AdvanceMap. I have yet to complete the game yet myself, so let me know if there's any areas I missed.

edit: Updated with the Pokemon for Mirage Island. This is the only place in the game where you can get Sableye AFAIK.

Attachments

• Pokemon Emerald Kaizo Wild List.txt
      27.2 KB · Views: 7,312
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2020
    this game was amazing . i have one question for you. how did you edit the pokemons hidden power types?
    im working on a rom right now and im not sure how to do it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2018
    i love your hacks, i just wish i could ev train in them. great game otherwise, though.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    Just wanted to let you know, i encountered a MediaFire error saying the file i'm looking for it's been removed for violation of the terms of service :(

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2020
    Hey the download link is not working :(

Yeah...

Since some rando company got so scared they took down one of my ips romhacks, of ALL things, YET AGAIN, I might just remain in Haiatus in terms of creating Romhacks.

The available Emerald Kaizo hack is in Romhacking dot net. For those that don't like day and night, tough luck, my hack has to be "transformative."

That said, I do have a youtube channel with me playing Pokemon Hacks. One hack I am interested in LPing is Pokemon Dark Energy from Miksy91! I want to endorse this one for him.

But yes, Emerald Kaizo will be the last Pokemon Kaizo hack, because:
    Too many pokemon
    Too many game-breakers
    Too much takedowns,
    Too much trouble
    Too little time
    Too much politics and law changes

I hope everyone has enjoyed playing through my Pokemon hacks, or at least enjoyed watching someone else suffer through it. I don't see many playing through the Post game of Emerald Kaizo, and there is couple of secret boss fights and hidden Legendaries and trades.

Thank you all for your time. I'll be mostly on youtube.

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2020
    Hello, what's your YouTube channel? Not to be rude.

It is SinisterHoodedFigure, on youtube. I also have a twitter that you can follow, that is where I'll be the most accessible. Currently starting one nuzlocke of one of Drayano60's hacks, and a special one that I'll upload tonight.

I doubt I can post links in the threat, but take a look at my front page.

My hacking days are over for now, but so begins my LPing days.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2019
    Hi @SinisterHoodedFigure,
    Would you be able to help me better understand the versioning with this hack?

The first post has two links to the same romhacking dot net page. That entry on RHN is listed as "version 1.0" has a file named "KzoEmrlNightDayOnlySHF383.rar"
    Inside is just one single IPS file that is called the "DayNight Version".

Which version of the hack is this really? I have seen some "2.1" versions of the hack floating around on other online sources and the filename could also mean "version 3.83".

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2020
    To keep it extra safe, it is just the version with day and night settings compared to the previous. I might plan to make another update, in case of a sufficient amount of reported bugs.

I'm aware some really don't like the low encounter rate, but there are also others that clarified that they don't mind. I won't be able to get right to the update immediately due to real life nonsense, but I will be keeping an eye out from time to time in preperation.

Plus the reason why I have the non-day and night version was because there do exist critics that hate Day and Night in 3rd gen.

That is really the only difference, day and night as opposed to no day and night.

Back