• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Kaizo

How Kaizo was this?

• Truly Kaizo

Votes: 1,171 71.9%
  • Fairly Challenging

Votes: 266 16.3%
  • Entertaining

Votes: 134 8.2%
  • Needs more Kaizo map edits

Votes: 66 4.1%
  • Unfair

Votes: 176 10.8%

• Total voters

Oxx

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2017
Dear SinisterHoodedFigure,

Having recently started to play your hack, I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to make such an enjoyable game. So far, I'm absolutely loving it!! At first, since I hadn't played any Pokemon games since Gen 2 and knew nothing about strategy, the difficulty came as a pretty nasty shock (= i got utterly DESTROYED), but learning patterns and eventually overcoming the first tough fights felt awesome, in a way that somewhat reminded me of Dark Souls. Roxanne in particular took me forever to beat without grinding, but man was it a blast!^^ I just love the intensity you can feel through each fight. So anyways, thank you again for this gem of a hack! I hope the rest of the game will be just as fun!

Well, since it's obvious a newbie like me won't make it very far without a good, balanced team, I did have a couple of questions about the game, movepools and so on... Hope I'm not bothering!

1) If there is no physical/special split in this game, how are ATK and DEF calculated? Does some stat-boosting moves work dufferently, for example? I don't quite get it^^'

2) When starting the game, I get a message telling me that, since the internal battery have run dry, clock-based events won't happen. I imagine this prevents me from catching certain Pokemons. How can I fix it?

3) I chose Torchic as a starter, and since he had Speed Boost, I kinda planned to build my future team around it, but my Combusken got Blaze instead... Does that mean my Blazinken won't get Speed Boost? (and is there a way I can make him have it?)

4) Can Blacky learn Heal Bell in this game?

Well, that's all. Sorry for my English, I'm no native. Anyway, many thanks to you again! :-D

Oxx

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2017
Dear SinisterHoodedFigure,

Having recently started to play your hack, I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to make such an enjoyable game. So far, I'm absolutely loving it!! At first, since I hadn't played any Pokemon games since Gen 2 and knew jack about strategy, the difficulty came as a pretty nasty shock (= i got utterly DESTROYED), but learning patterns and eventually overcoming the first tough fights felt awesome, in a way that somewhat reminded me of Dark Souls. Roxanne in particular took me forever to beat without grinding, but man was it a blast!^^ So anyways, thank you again for this gem of a hack! I hope the rest of the game will be just as fun!

Well, since it's obvious a newbie like me won't make it without a good, balanced team, I did have a couple of questions about the game, movepools and so on... Hope I'm not bothering!

1) If there is no physical/special split in this game, how are ATK and DEF calculated? Does some stat-boosting moves work dufferently, for example? I don't quite get it^^'

2) When starting the game, I get a message telling me that, since the internal battery has run dry, clock-based events won't occur. How can I fix this?

3) I chose Torchic as a starter, and since he had Speed Boost, I kinda planned to build my future team around it, but my Combusken got Blaze instead... Does that mean my Blazinken won't get Speed Boost? (and is there a way I can make him have it?)

Last question: can Blacky learn Heal Bell in this game?

Anyway, thank you again! (Sorry for my English BTW)

Oxx

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 5, 2018
Should i do a blind randomised run of this? then maybe a randomised nuzlocke run after i complete this?

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
This hack is a fun challenge. Would someone kindly explain where I can catch a Houndour? The Pokedex indicates they should appear inside Mt. Chimney or on Jagged Pass but haven't found a single one in these locations. I would rather not wait to have access to the Safari Zone extension area.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 11, 2022
Are there any stat changes to go with the movepool changes or no? It makes a pretty big difference for a Nuzlocke whether early-game Pokemon are playable into the late game

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Are there any stat changes to go with the movepool changes or no? It makes a pretty big difference for a Nuzlocke whether early-game Pokemon are playable into the late game
A handful of Pokemon did receive stat and movepool changes, as mentioned in the OP. You can use the Gen III Hacking Suite program to look through them all.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 18, 2018
As much as the hax of Blue Kaizo and Crystal Kaizo annoyed me, I was pleasantly surprised to see Emerald Kaizo from you. Gonna give it a try. :nod:

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 3, 2020
I absolutely love what you did with this game. Please let me know if you did or plan on doing anything with fire red, let me know because I want to assist. I will be doing a play-through in a future time for this game in compliment to the release. Thank you, and please put out more content like this.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 55
  • Seen Apr 1, 2019
Hello. I love the Hack so far.
But I'm stuck at Granite Cave's puzzle, may you please give me directions on the second part?

(Never mind, I got it.)

Can't wait to play more dude. Awesome work so far.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 51
  • Seen Jan 8, 2024
Hey, I just started playing this rom hack and I'm a little confused:
Early in the game I had to fight against a trainer with a Magnemite and I used Pursuit (dark move) with my Treecko.
It said it was not very effective, how come?
Did you change something with types and effectiveness? It doesn't anything in your first post (at least I didn't see).

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 17, 2023
Hey, I just started playing this rom hack and I'm a little confused:
Early in the game I had to fight against a trainer with a Magnemite and I used Pursuit (dark move) with my Treecko.
It said it was not very effective, how come?
Did you change something with types and effectiveness? It doesn't anything in your first post (at least I didn't see).

Dark (and Ghost) doing neutral damage to Steel types is a thing that was introduced in generation 6 (X/Y). Games released before then have Steel resist Dark and Ghost.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 13, 2020
Where can I find Rock Smash? The usual location at Mauville has two ladies instead.

Edit: FOund it in Verdanturf City.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Oct 30, 2019
Hi, I have a minor question about the rom.
Since most of the fully evolved Pokemon learn moves that make them useful before their actual level of evolution, I often go to the move tutor. And since he requires Heart Scales, and they aren't very common. Is there any Pokemon that may have that(or any item, for that matter) as a held item?
Other than that, and the low encounter rates, it's a fun rom hack.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 13, 2018
Great mod, difficulty is great for an emerald hack.

I just wish that the game didn't have so much protect spam. Doesn't make the game any more difficult other than pp loss, just makes the game extremely annoying and monotonous. Really boring to wait for the pokemon's protect to fail. Not a great design choice.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 12, 2019
Could someone please help me with the Ice Puzzle in the Team Aqua base? I've been having a lot of fun playing this mod so far but this ice puzzle is becoming very frustrating.

Years
Hi. I just started playing this. I downloaded the movepool.txt files too. I'm comparing dustox and lotads movepools and they are nothing like the txt. Actually they seem to be the vanilla ones. Maybe it is because I play the day/ night version?

Years
Also i noticed that when my Torchic evolved into Combusken, its Speed Boost got replaced by Blaze >.<

It's okay about my previous issue. i just download the main version and things work fine from that end.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 5, 2019
How do i evolve Machoke/Haunter?

Have the same problem with my seadra, tried levelling it up to 45 holding dragon scale but that didn't work.

Would like to know how to evolve trade mons in general, if they've all been changed yet.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 11, 2018
did you guys have troubles while hunting pokemons? The encounter rate seems so low for me, its frustating

Back