• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Kaizo

How Kaizo was this?

• Truly Kaizo

Votes: 1,171 71.9%
  • Fairly Challenging

Votes: 266 16.3%
  • Entertaining

Votes: 134 8.2%
  • Needs more Kaizo map edits

Votes: 66 4.1%
  • Unfair

Votes: 176 10.8%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Hello,

I have a problem with pokemon Emerald Kaizo.

My Metagross turned into a bad egg..

Is there a way to turn the bad egg back into my metagross??

Thanks.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 4, 2022
Is there a file here that show you stats changes of the pokemon? or there's no stats changes just movepool?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 7, 2022
I just finished this hellish rom and my last team ended up with Crobat, Gyarados, blaziken, dodrio, gardevoir, and wobbufet and damn this rom took me months to complete due to the fact that it suprises me when my team is very low health, and that sableye with the first e4 got real got but other than low encounter rates this is pretty kaizoo.

Dekaylab8

I have Harm OCD...
Years
I just finished this hellish rom and my last team ended up with Crobat, Gyarados, blaziken, dodrio, gardevoir, and wobbufet and damn this rom took me months to complete due to the fact that it suprises me when my team is very low health, and that sableye with the first e4 got real got but other than low encounter rates this is pretty kaizoo.

I love it when people share their teams when praising a hack!

Which reminds me, I should play this hack sometime and review it on the RHDN.

I did that with SHF's other 2 hacks in the trilogy. Can't recommend both, however (especially Crystal Kaizo, that hack was wack)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 25, 2022
i came here to say thanks to SinisterHoodedFigure , i completed the game and it was very challenging. i apreciate your work, after beating this rom i feel i wont find anything more challenging than this ^^

i beat elite four with swampert, metagross, arcanine, salamence, sceptile and gardevoir. had to farm many eggs to get the right natures except metagross ( you cant get an egg from him since ditto is not able until postgame ).

as i said, thanks for the rom i had a lot of fun. im now playing crystal kaizo and im stuck on third gym, i really love the challenges this hack rom offers to the people who grew up with the first pokemon catridges, i found them very easy and i was ~12 years old or so

best regards and thanks for your work

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 21, 2023
Does anyone have Poliwhirl? I wanna evolve him to Poliwrath but the attached TXT says that his movements were not changed and actually, in the game, his movements are totally different to any generation. He just learnt Brick Break at lv 35 being a TM, for instance.

Btw, GREAT THANK YOU for this mod, I'm totally totally addicted

Edit: He evolved to Politoad 10 minutes later from this message 🙄

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 28, 2022
Is my luck just terrible or did you decrease the chance of 2-5 hitting moves hitting more times?

Also, how does Mirage Island work?

Also, also, how do trade evolutions work?

Last edited:

Dekaylab8

I have Harm OCD...
Years
Is my luck just terrible or did you decrease the chance of 2-5 hitting moves hitting more times?

Also, how does Mirage Island work?

Also, also, how do trade evolutions work?

Yes, you were getting unlucky.

Don't know about Mirage Island, but it's either removed completely, part of Route 130, or works the same way.

As for the trade evolutions, they all can be evolved either by level up or an evolutionary stone. Some (or even all) of them can be caught in the wild.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 27, 2022
Hi all,

First time playing Emerald Kaizo, I have a couple of questions.

1) Is the Shiny rate increased? I caught a Shiny Dunsparce and Wingull before the first badge.

2) Is Taillow actually in route 103? In the docs it says they're at a 1% encounter rate but I have spent quite a while looking there and can't seem to find it.

TIA

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 18, 2022
Hi! Im brand new and just want to figure out a softlock i found in pokemon kaizo. idk how i trigger it but now after i beat the 1st rival battle and go speak to the professor, a lvl 55 machop comes out a whoops my ass. Im gonna make a save state & start a new game to see if its just something i did, but if anyone knows whats going on plz help

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Dec 18, 2022
so quick question, I just joined and I need to find out how to patch Emerald Kaizo, I use OpenEmulator, since this is on a mac, and it doesnt let me patch it, I use Multipatch for most of this, but I don't know how to patch it because its not an ips or ups file, it says its a .rar file instead.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 12, 2023
dude all youve succeeded in doing is made a game where pp stall is the best strat... obviously thats tons of fun...

Dr. Jean Pepper

DragonMei
Days
  • Age 26
  • Seen yesterday
My biggest issue with this romhack is characters not having their signature pokemon on the them. Some characters do keep theirs like Norman and Wattson but most of them don't. I get why since the goal is to make the game harder so some pokemon got replaced for better ones but it just feels weird seeing characters without their ace. Also why did Wallace losed wailord but Archie and Glacia gained one lol. Outside of that, this romhack is fun and currently halfway through the game.

Dr. Jean Pepper

DragonMei
Days
  • Age 26
  • Seen yesterday
Also screw the low encounter rates. Feels like I spent more time trying to see pokemon than planning for hard battles lmao

Days
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Hi there, I quickly made an account because I'm currently playing Pokemon Emerald Kaizo (having a blast by the way!)
But I'd really like some help in getting Mirage Island to appear since that's the only way to get the Zapdos and Articuno trades. (I haven't found Moltres)
If anyone can please help me with some tips, I'd really appreciate it!

Back