• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Movies!

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • There were quite a number of movies featuring the anime, with even a new one coming up fairly soon!

9cbf024a-e11c-4404-b6af-d50fae6a0c81.jpg

Which movie was your most memorable, or favorite to watch, and why?

Daisuke Mitsuharu

Punching Bag
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2023
    I've watched a good chunk of the movies, and the only one I can recall with good detail is the Darkrai movie; I guess that means it's probably the most memorable one to me. I admit I'm a bit partial towards anything related to Darkrai (it's one of my favorite Pokemon), but I genuinely did like the movie. In particular, I liked the way Darkrai was portrayed. Sure, the age-old trope of "good all along" was put to use for the portrayal; but, with Darkrai, I feel like the trope fit. Darkrai might look like an evil thing, but it actually doesn't mean anyone harm! Even the Pokedex entries say so.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Hard to say which one is my favorite but Lucario and the Mystery of Mew is up there for a Generation 3 movie promoting Generation 4 while calling back to Generation 1 with Mew. Another favorite is the Darkrai movie for the simple fact its opening theme is one of my favorite themes with respect to Season openings(Season 11 for the Anime). Finally there is the Diancie movie. As much as the Kalos movies performed poorly, I do like Diancie as a Pokemon and I found it to be the best Kalos movie of the three that were made.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I would have to say the first one and the one about Magearna would be my top favorites.

simone1234

Don't underestimate the enemy/opponent.
    Years
  • I think the first and the one where Lucario was (maybe also forever where celebi was)

Reason: Cause in some of them i almost cried..

Years
  • I did watched some of old Pokemon movies mostly for an Croatian dubbed one and watch newer Pokemon movies everytime when they annouce it.

I am also looking foward to the 1st Movie remake, i wonder plot is going to be different from the 1st Movie right now.

AveeVaporGlitch

Stuck In Unova
    Years
  • Loved them all till the post movie 9. Didn't enjoy a single one till I Choose You. I like how the Gen 7 movies have been done and really hope Movie 22 has more Team Rocket origins focus

Last edited:
    Years
  • I like 90% of the movies. It is hard to choose with so many goodies. But my all-time favorite for now is The Rise of Darkrai. The baron always makes me laugh and the environment and music is so beautiful. Oracion is my favorite pokemon song.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Most memorable one was definitely Pokemon Heroes for me. Although o owned the third movie on vhs Heroes was the first one i had on Dvd and hooo boy did i watch that movie often. Still one of my top favorites alongside 2000, lucario, and victini.

There isnt really a movie i downright dislike hahah. I however havent seen the volcanion movie and i fell asleep during Hoopas so while i dont have a solid opinion of the former i suppose if i had to choose a least favorite it would have to be the hoopa one.

Fun fact Ash has been reckless/self sacrificial in these movies at least 80+ times spanning all of them.

tigertron

Pokémon Master
    Years
  • I really struggle to decide between the first three. I'm going to have to choose the Power of One because everything felt bigger in scale, but Mewtwo Strikes Back and Spell of the Unown are just as awesome.

Back