• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Proposal: PokéCommunity Daily Weekly Update(s)

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
  • ddrox13 - Today at 8:14 AM
    @Daily what do you guys think of a weekly news update with all the smaller stuff that doesn't really deserve its own article? I was thinking like just an update on current events, with a series of one-line current event stories like "new PGL competition is this weekend, sign up now!" and/or "Nintendo Badge Arcade added new Pokemon badges last week" and/or "The NA International Challenge is this weekend in Indianapolis!" and/or "the gamestop event that is giving out a Bottle Cap to SM players is still going on!" (anything we have a full article on would be linked)
    I was going to go for mondays at noon EST probably
    And what I meant by minor news is really actually not news, just current events
    Rabinov - Today at 8:21 AM
    so like little updates and
    ok gotcha
    so almost like a newspaper/newsletter
    ddrox13 - Today at 8:22 AM
    Exactly
    Rabinov - Today at 8:22 AM
    and we could potentially fill it with forum content, too
    ddrox13 - Today at 8:23 AM
    i.e. either sort-of-Pokemon-related stuff that we wouldn't normally report (major tournaments/Badge Arcade updates), Forum events (durrr, how did I forget that?), and reminders about relevant previously reported things (like Pokemon/item distributions)
    Rabinov - Today at 8:24 AM
    Sounds good

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I think the idea works well. As I saw mentioned, this would be a good way to cover Shuffle. I think covering other events like the Pokemon Duel cups held every week or so would be a good fit here to.

There's also other stuff like manga news that could be worked in here to, or those pokemon mobile stickers, etc. There's a lot of small stuff we see with Pokemon each day so this would be a good way to showcase all of that.

So I say +1 as I see no reason not to go through with it, or any problems currently.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • @Daily what do you guys think of a weekly news update with all the smaller stuff that doesn't really deserve its own article? I was thinking like just an update on current events, with a series of one-line current event stories like "new PGL competition is this weekend, sign up now!" and/or "Nintendo Badge Arcade added new Pokemon badges last week" and/or "The NA International Challenge is this weekend in Indianapolis!" and/or "the gamestop event that is giving out a Bottle Cap to SM players is still going on!" (anything we have a full article on would be linked)
    This sounds good to me as a general 'how it will work' deal.
    and we could potentially fill it with forum content, too
    I'm also fine with this being included from time to time too. Worth referring to the Bulletin Board for that.

I approve the general idea but we have some stuff to work out/discuss more first imo.

So, what sort of things are we going to include as a given every week? Top of my head:
    - Badge Arcade Pokemon badges
    - Shuffle events (they do it weekly)
    - Update on current SM events currently going (deadlines, etc).
    - Anime episodes
    - Pokemon Duel (whenever events happen for that, I guess it's not necessarily weekly)
    - ???

What day should we generally aim for? I think Shuffle has stuff Monday/Tuesday, while badge arcade is Thursday/Friday...? (Depending on timezone)

Who will write this? Just you ddrox13 every week, or whoever wants to on staff (or not on staff alternatively, don't see why this should be limited)? If we are going to use the phrase "weekly" anywhere we need to be sure we can reliably do this every week (and even then I am not sure about stating it outright).

Speaking of - title? I see a working one is "PC Daily's Weekly Flash Brief: 2/27/2017". One, go with PokéCommunity over PC. Idk about 'Weekly Flash Brief", sounds weird to me... I'd say "PokéCommunity Daily Pokémon Roundup: [date]", or even drop Pokémon from that.

I feel we should leave this thread open so people can point out little things to include in this too each week.

Back