• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Proposal: History of Fangames

Aldo

Survivalist
Years
    • Seen today
    How would an article talking about the past of fangames, going through what people used back then to make their dream Pokémon game, how they did it, how resources would be found and, if possible, showcase some of those projects? And also make comparisons between today and back then.

Thinking this can also get spicier with quotes from experienced people

Would you be interested in reading it?

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I think that would be interesting, yes. Would it be both on the side of rom hacks and fangames? And to what extent would you potentially showcase some of these projects in the article? Comparison between then and now sounds good; is this in regards to tools available, ease of use, etc.?

+1 to the general idea.

Aldo

Survivalist
    Years
    • Seen today
    Both sides of ROM hacks and other engines. I'll show a small part of what was achieved with the tools regarding the projects. The comparison would be about available tools, ease of use, plus limitations ~

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Sounds like a fun read! If there's anything I can do to help let me know x

Back