• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[News] Detroit: Become Human, Heavy Rain, and Beyond: Two Souls Are All Coming to PC

Years
  • Quantic Dream announced today that Detroit: Become Human, Beyond: Two Souls, and Heavy Rain are coming to PC as Epic Games Store exclusives.
    Ever since the Epic Games Store for PC hit the ground running last December, it has been home to several notable game only for PC on this storefront. This includes titles like Supergiant's Hades, Ubisoft's Tom Clancy's The Division 2, and 4A Games' Metro Exodus. Today, the Epic Games Store gained three noteworthy future exclusives: Quantic Dream's Detroit: Become Human, Beyond: Two Souls, and Heavy Rain. Pages for all three games have appeared on the Epic Games Store.

All of these titles were only available previously for PS3 and PS4 as Sony Interactive Entertainment published them, making these PC ports somewhat surprising. That being said, Quantic Dream did recently promise to support other platforms when NetEase gained a minority stake in the developer this may have been inevitable. Quantic Dream and Epic Games promised to roll out the PC releases of these titles later this year. They are all guaranteed to be Epic Games Store exclusives for one year.

While Quantic Dream is taking these exclusives away from Sony, the developer's co-CEO Guillaume de Fondaumiere still thanked that publisher, saying that the studio is "so grateful for twelve fantastic years of collaboration with Sony Interactive Entertainment and all they have allowed us to create and produce." As for why these games are being brought to PC via the Epic Games Store, Guillaume simply cited the fact that Quantic Dream can "now expand our products to a wider fan base and allow PC players to enjoy our titles."

On Epic's side of things, Head of Epic Games Store Steve Allison is happy to have netted Detroit: Become Human, Heavy Rain, and Beyond: Two Souls as exclusives. "We are extremely excited for the Epic Games Store to host such a well-known and established video game studio like Quantic Dream. Their games have truly pioneered the genre of interactive storytelling, and with their expansion onto other platforms we are truly honored they chose to take that first step with Epic Games," he commented.

Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, and Detroit: Become Human will all come out for PC exclusively on the Epic Games Store later in 2019.

Source: https://www.dualshockers.com/detroit-become-human-pc-epic-games-store/

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    !!!!!!!!

Quantic Dreams games have always been games I've obsessively watched on YouTube (and I mean like every playthrough to see every outcome) or played at a friend's house - I know they and David Cage get a lot of hate in the community sometimes and the games can be quite hit or miss, but I've always quite enjoyed them and I'll love finally being able to explore these at my own pace on PC. Detroit, in particular, has such a massive branching storyline I'm sure there's still stuff I haven't seen yet!

From the article, it sounds like QD is pulling away from Sony exclusivity entirely, so future games will likely be available on PC too? I'm excited for that.

Reyzadren

Arid trainer
    Years
  • Quantic Dream's games on the computer <3

Though tbf, I'd even be satisfied if a console-exclusive game remains only on 1 platform for several years or so, then being allowed to branch out after that.

Years
  • Interesting... So, do you suppose there's a chance other Sony 'exclusives' such as Bloodborne could be played on Steam someday as well?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    DETROIT ON PC
    YES!!!!!

I've been wanting to play that game ever since I first saw it.
    YOu can finally experience what Malcolm experiences
    Interesting... So, do you suppose there's a chance other Sony 'exclusives' such as Bloodborne could be played on Steam someday as well?
    These games wouldn't be on Steam (I think the articles states they would be exclusive to Epic Games), but I don't know if this would set a precedent for other Sony exclusives in general, seeing as this is a move by just Quantic Dreams. Some companies might follow suit though, hopefully!

Years
  • YOu can finally experience what Malcolm experiences

These games wouldn't be on Steam (I think the articles states they would be exclusive to Epic Games), but I don't know if this would set a precedent for other Sony exclusives in general, seeing as this is a move by just Quantic Dreams. Some companies might follow suit though, hopefully!

They don't have a gaming service like Steam does though do they?

Plus, even if the game isn't available on Steam itself you can add it to your Steam Library, so there's that I suppose.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    They don't have a gaming service like Steam does though do they?

Plus, even if the game isn't available on Steam itself you can add it to your Steam Library, so there's that I suppose.
    I'm not sure tbh, all I know about Epic Games is they made Fortnite, and I've never played it, soo :p

But yeah, if you want to launch it from Steam, you should be able to.

Back