• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My A-Z book for children got rejected; switching gears, making it for adults

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2021
    A literary agent rejected my children's book on A-Z future inventions/technologies/concepts. Now I'm going to try it for adults but I feel my list is too generic. I made it so kids could understand it. Now I'm doing it for adults so their is no handicap. Here's my list

Antimatter rocket
    Brain implant
    Clone
    DNA scanner
    Eclipse magnifiers
    Fusion reactor
    Genetic engineering
    Herculean serum
    Invisibility Jacket
    Jupiter brain
    Klingon
    Laser cannon
    Maser
    Nootropics
    Omega Point
    Prosthetics
    Quantum computer
    Radiation sponge
    Starship
    Time dilation device
    Unmanned vehicle
    Vitamin X
    Wormhole
    Xenobiology
    Yoctotechnology
    Zygote freezing

As you can see, my list kinda sucks. Anybody have better ideas? Use science but limit the technobabble. One per letter. Just one

Thanks

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Cool idea! I like the list, but maybe swap Starship for something more specific (since you got some pretty specific things in there), like Soyuz?

string555

Banned
    Years
  • I don't really see anything wrong with the list, just go full-on sci-fi genre! Just remember to take a new, unique twist on the genre. :D

I though about making a children's book about hacking, where the 2 main characters are Alice and mAlice. They both grow up and go their separate ways, as a white hat and a black hat. The goal would be to teach kids what hacking is about. I doubt I'll ever get around to it, though. XD

Back