• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Pokémon grew on you the most?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
  • What is the Pokémon that you never expected to like as much as you do now? Is there anything that REALLY grew on you after you first saw it? Or maybe something that you hated at first but ended up liking over time?

For me, I think the biggest contender for this question has got to be Nosepass. I hated it back when I first played Gen III. I thought it was weird and ugly and I didn't really like anything about Gen III so a weird Pokémon like Nosepass even existing just felt like added insult to injury. So fast-forward to now, when Nosepass is easily within my top 10 favourite Pokémon out of hundreds? Yeah, I would never have guessed. I grew to like Nosepass a lot when I accidentally fell in love with Probopass once Gen IV came out. It was so ridiculous that I couldn't help but love it and be amused by it, and the more I liked Probopass, the more I ended up liking its pre-evolution, too.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I have to start with Bellsprout. I always liked it or at least didn't mind it or pay much attention. Over time it really grew on me and some how became my favorite. I honestly still don't know how it just is lol.

Another one would have to be Jynx because I thought it was a bit extreme looking at first. So because of that I avoided using it for a while and just kind of forgot about it. Then I tried it out on one of my teams and loved it and then abused it by breeding it onto many teams tehehe

Another mention goes to Aipom. I really hate monkeys and I'm still not fond of Aipom, but I once forced myself to use it and it was tolerable. So while I don't hate it with all my being anymore it's still not anywhere high up on my list.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    The Whismur line was always underwhelming for me, and I'm not sure I raised an Exploud until Gen VI. Of course with the Boomburst it's pretty warranted, but that's not the only reason, idk they're kinda annoying, but nostalgically so.

I also hated Swanna. It was stupid and its cry was weird, not to mention Ducklett was a part of its family. Now Swanna's pretty chill, the cry is still weird, but I kinda like it now. Pretty frail in battle, but yeah it's got some potential. And Ducklett has a sick pink shiny.

Years
  • I really didn't like any of the Sinnoh starters when I first played Platinum, but I ended up picking Piplup, with the intent of ditching it for a better Water Pokemon when I got the chance. At the time, I had no idea that Empoleon was part-Steel type as well, but that really changed my mind about the family as a whole. Eventually, that Empoleon basically swept the Elite Four on its own without even being over-leveled, and it definitely cemented itself as one of my favorite 3 starter Pokemon that I've ever used.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Ledyba and Ledian come to mind - I never wanted to even try using one before, it's design and type made me not want to even try it, was never a fan of bug types - my current challenge I"m doing (link is in my signature) includes Ledian as part of the team - now that I have used it long enough, I'm growing attached to Ledian, really impressed on how well it's doing in my team - starting to reconsider bugs as my least favorite type.

Controversy

Drink The Kool-Aid
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2015
    I absolutely hated the majority of Gen 5 originally. And I've grown to appreciate them now

Aesthetically, Purrloin is in my top three designs overall

Back