• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monster Hunter stories

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica
Years
  • A little while ago I bought monster Hunter stories. Honestly it was my first mh game, and it was a good game. Recently I have started playing through a second time. However no one in my family wants to talk about it. So... Wanna discuss things like your likes\dislikes\wants? Oh, also who\what is the monster that centers the quest "the end is nigh"

pkmin3033

I absolutely LOVED this game. It was substantially better than World, at least...not quite as good as Gen, though. The rock-paper-scissors randomness was infuriating at times, and some of the bosses (looking at you, Black Diablos) were insufferably nasty curveballs, but my experience with it was more positive than not. Thinking about it actually makes me want to play it again, and that's unusual for me with games.

What I would have liked was more freedom with eggs and the way abilities worked...being able to soft reset for eggs would have made life a lot easier, as would have being able to transfer abilities to anywhere in the grid. I went through a lot of unnecessary tedium getting some of my monsters up to peak efficiency.

...also, why is Rajang in this game. I just can't escape this bastard! Kirin, too...god almighty, WHY.

That said, the visual style was wonderful. Any game that can make KHEZU look cute is pretty remarkable. I just loved how happy they all looked when they hatched. Being able to ride a Deviljho was awesome too, and whilst the armour and character customisation was a tad minimalistic, it was still leaps and bounds above World's godawful attempt...same goes for the plot.

Where is the 2.0 DLC, though?! =/

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica
    Years
  • ...wow. You found the khezu cute. That's actually kind of impressive, those things are the ugliest thangs in that whole game.except navirou also you aren't allowed to complain about rajang, those guys saved the word. All six that I killed to make me some armor.

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2019
    A little while ago I bought monster Hunter stories. Honestly it was my first mh game, and it was a good game. Recently I have started playing through a second time. However no one in my family wants to talk about it. So... Wanna discuss things like your likes\dislikes\wants? Oh, also who\what is the monster that centers the quest "the end is nigh"

...wow. You found the khezu cute. That's actually kind of impressive, those things are the ugliest thangs in that whole game.except navirou also you aren't allowed to complain about rajang, those guys saved the word. All six that I killed to make me some armor.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Khezu, cute? @_@

I've only played the demo, but I rather enjoyed that. I would keep an eye out for hte game being on sale and play it more down the track, I reckon, but only after clearing more of my backlog...

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    probably cute as in relative to the creeper monstrosity that it looks like in the art style of other games, and probably more specifically the form that the player gets to use at that, since those are smaller

like, the player's version of Nargacugas are fucking adorable <3

Back