• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Rancher

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
Years
Hmm. I can see you changed quite a bit. The battle screen looks the best out of the screenshots I can see so far; I like the colors of the HP boxes and text box. The D/P background is also a great touch, but I don't like the Kyledove's tiles; they're too overused. But of course, it's your choice to use the kind of tiles you want to use. Good luck, anyways. ;)

Yeah I really like those tiles, but you are right they're overused..
And if I want custom ones, I think I need some one to do it for me...
(hint:P) Well here ya'll go, I need a Tileset creator, if any one is up to the job, PM me!

This looks really good. Keep it up! :D

Well thank you!
I can't wait to see new updates!
Tip: Change the tileset you're using for Runsurf cave

thanks, and about the tileset see the other answer to Auistle ;)
Thanks for the comment and support!

PoKéMaKeR​

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
No, I meant other tiles in cave then outside of it.
There are a lot tiles out there, maybe Platinum? tiles is a good choice.
Or some else: DP, Saurav, FireRed, Kyledove (not this tileset),...

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
Years
No, I meant other tiles in cave then outside of it.
There are a lot tiles out there, maybe Platinum? tiles is a good choice.​

Or some else: DP, Saurav, FireRed, Kyledove (not this tileset),...​
EDIT:
I have a new idealist, or whatever you guys like to call that,
initially it's him making up events and things ;)
I like to introduce to you:​

Red Gyrados

Oh, do you know where to get proper cave tiles D/P/P style then?​

if so PM me, ok?

Thanks!​

PoKéMaKeR​

Last edited:

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
Years
Quote - Now that's something I can use!
No I don't mind you uploading the demo, as long as you don't claim it to be yours.

Thanks and I just thought I'd help others if I could, Nowt like a bit of Variety when choosing to download and helps if one site has maintenance on or something and I'm certain I won't try to claim this game, I'm a player not a maker :)

Quote - The Yellow and Red Text Box in Battle; Personally I don't think it looks right :?
What do you like to see then?

I may get used to it, It's just a big change in colours for me :?

Quote - Hero Sprite, I personally don't think it is any good, it is the one from Diamond right ? I never really liked it to be honest and it doesn't seem to fit in with the other Sprites ?
I don't really feel the same, I do think I should change it, but that's not really needed right now.. (so that will be done eventually)

I'm not really a D/P fan as you probably guessed :D It's not a major thing tho :)

Quote - Starter Names, They don't see to imaginative for me, Maybe a re-think ?
I don't know if you know them, but they're not fake-mon, they're real D/P/P pokémon

Lmao, Well I did say I wasn't much of a D/P guy :D

Quote - New Grass(The one where you can encounter Pokémon, Seems to plain and I don't think it fits the surroundings?
Idem for this, it's originally D/P/P(?) so.. :P

Bleh, it sucks :laugh:

Quote - Getting healed after 1st Rival battle, normally you get fully healed after it, I wasn't and almost lost in a wild encounter
Good, that's handy I will change this :)

Good good, only a small thing but a good thing none-the-less :)

Quote - In-Battle Poké Sprites, Looks so weird seeing ?'s attacking each other O.o
I'm aware of this problem.. and I'm not sure but I think it is already fixed by wichu.

Yeah I figured lol, One of the weirdest things I have seen tho :laugh:

Quote - Team Galactic Sprites and Gym Leaders In-Battle Sprites look too big
I know but if I'd resize them to the correct sprite size (128x128) they would have sucked :P

Lol, too big or too sucky, I'll take Too Big :laugh:

Quote - Some stuff needs to be De-Capitalized, I.E. Pokémon's names and etc...
No, that's not right (look at real pokémon games, always capitalized)

Yeah, I thought it looked horrible myself but oh well :)

Quote - Haunted Mansion 1F; The Galactic guy in the bottom righ corner talked to me once and then a second latter said the same thing and battled me and it was a doubler battle with another person :? I had battled the person at the top and I battled the Mmddle person straight faterwards so maybe a glitch ?
I have to look into that...

Yeh I thought it was a little weird myself, I'll give the demo a re-run through sometime to see if I missed anything(It was about 3:30 Am for me) :laugh:

Quote - Buying Pokemon, nice, how about been able to sell Pokemon ?
That's difficult to do, so it's not yet implented, but I think I will (it's not a promise)

Just an idea, Not necessary :)

Quote - Relic Town, 4 Houses and only one availabe ? It wouldn't have mattered if it was arandom old person saying somethng random lol, There was also no-one to ask you if you knew how to catch a Pokémon or anything ?
I know, but I asumed (without s) all gamers would know that by now

Yeah I know lol, but there's nowt like at the start of the game, mashing the buttons to get by that little bit :laugh: and I did always think myself that anyone who even looks into Hacks/Games would have played Pokémon before, this is the only game I've seen without that little bit added into it :)

Quote - 1st Battle after Relic town, the person is called Mat, It looks weird, maybe with 2 t's ? also he says it's his 1st lose not loss.
Ok I'll change the name (your the second one to tell me that), and I'll change the typo
Gym Leader says 'asume' and not 'assume'
I'll change that too!

Just little Typo's :)

About the Mansion and Gym(I think), How about doing it like that 2nd Gym in R/S/E, Brawly I think, were you got a little more vision after each battle win :)

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
Years
Quote - Now that's something I can use!
No I don't mind you uploading the demo, as long as you don't claim it to be yours.

Thanks and I just thought I'd help others if I could, Nowt like a bit of Variety when choosing to download and helps if one site has maintenance on or something and I'm certain I won't try to claim this game, I'm a player not a maker :)

Quote - The Yellow and Red Text Box in Battle; Personally I don't think it looks right :?
What do you like to see then?

I may get used to it, It's just a big change in colours for me :?

Quote - Hero Sprite, I personally don't think it is any good, it is the one from Diamond right ? I never really liked it to be honest and it doesn't seem to fit in with the other Sprites ?
I don't really feel the same, I do think I should change it, but that's not really needed right now.. (so that will be done eventually)

I'm not really a D/P fan as you probably guessed :D It's not a major thing tho :)

Quote - Starter Names, They don't see to imaginative for me, Maybe a re-think ?
I don't know if you know them, but they're not fake-mon, they're real D/P/P pokémon

Lmao, Well I did say I wasn't much of a D/P guy :D

Quote - New Grass(The one where you can encounter Pokémon, Seems to plain and I don't think it fits the surroundings?
Idem for this, it's originally D/P/P(?) so.. :P

Bleh, it sucks :laugh:

Quote - Getting healed after 1st Rival battle, normally you get fully healed after it, I wasn't and almost lost in a wild encounter
Good, that's handy I will change this :)

Good good, only a small thing but a good thing none-the-less :)

Quote - In-Battle Poké Sprites, Looks so weird seeing ?'s attacking each other O.o
I'm aware of this problem.. and I'm not sure but I think it is already fixed by wichu.

Yeah I figured lol, One of the weirdest things I have seen tho :laugh:

Quote - Team Galactic Sprites and Gym Leaders In-Battle Sprites look too big
I know but if I'd resize them to the correct sprite size (128x128) they would have sucked :P

Lol, too big or too sucky, I'll take Too Big :laugh:

Quote - Some stuff needs to be De-Capitalized, I.E. Pokémon's names and etc...
No, that's not right (look at real pokémon games, always capitalized)

Yeah, I thought it looked horrible myself but oh well :)

Quote - Haunted Mansion 1F; The Galactic guy in the bottom righ corner talked to me once and then a second latter said the same thing and battled me and it was a doubler battle with another person :? I had battled the person at the top and I battled the Mmddle person straight faterwards so maybe a glitch ?
I have to look into that...

Yeh I thought it was a little weird myself, I'll give the demo a re-run through sometime to see if I missed anything(It was about 3:30 Am for me) :laugh:

Quote - Buying Pokemon, nice, how about been able to sell Pokemon ?
That's difficult to do, so it's not yet implented, but I think I will (it's not a promise)

Just an idea, Not necessary :)

Quote - Relic Town, 4 Houses and only one availabe ? It wouldn't have mattered if it was arandom old person saying somethng random lol, There was also no-one to ask you if you knew how to catch a Pokémon or anything ?
I know, but I asumed (without s) all gamers would know that by now

Yeah I know lol, but there's nowt like at the start of the game, mashing the buttons to get by that little bit :laugh: and I did always think myself that anyone who even looks into Hacks/Games would have played Pokémon before, this is the only game I've seen without that little bit added into it :)

Quote - 1st Battle after Relic town, the person is called Mat, It looks weird, maybe with 2 t's ? also he says it's his 1st lose not loss.
Ok I'll change the name (your the second one to tell me that), and I'll change the typo
Gym Leader says 'asume' and not 'assume'
I'll change that too!

Just little Typo's :)

About the Mansion and Gym(I think), How about doing it like that 2nd Gym in R/S/E, Brawly I think, were you got a little more vision after each battle win :)

Ok thanks for the comments!
and about the GYM, that's (for me) like impossible.. :embarrass

PoKéMaKeR

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
Years
ok, i see what you mean.

Thanks, oh and good luck with your game too!

Oh and for all those posts last couple of days, I have a small teaser
It's a chacterset, from an old (literally lol) friend!

dp_bt_02_older.png

Yes you see that correct, it's Riley, I'm not sure what role he's going to fullfill in the game, but he will have some appearances in the game!
Tell me what you think!

PoKéMaKeR

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
Years

UPDATE

Here is something to look at!
NewBattleScreen.jpg

New Battle Screen
Newspeechbox.jpg

And new Message Box aswell

That's all for now, be on the look out for Pokémon Rancher news and updates!

Hey if you need an extra mapper or eventer, I'm always availiable!

Ok thanks for the offer!

Nice game.
Maked with started kit, right??

Grtz

Yes, it is in the first post aswell ;)
Thanks!

my broher is most spriter is slovenija.
i like this hac

I don't get what you say
and it is NOT a hack..
It's a GAME made with RMXP!

PoKéMaKeR​

Last edited:

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2014
Rancher? This should be interesting...
Plot:

You're either a boy or a girl who lives in Jigano Town in the region of Rikolu.(yeah, odd name I know ...since it sounds like Riolu? Is that where it was derived from?)
Your Pokémon adventure is about to begin, but unlike other Pokémon games, you will obtain your Pokémon from a Pokémon breeder, named Henrique. That's not original...don't present it like that.
When you go downstairs your mum approaches you to tell Henrique was looking for you Why?! It seemed urgent, so you head towards Henrique's Pokémon ranch (yeah that's why it's called Rancher).
You can trigger one of the two (!) opening events You seriously aren't gonna say what they are?. After that event, you enter the ranch, where you get to choose one of three starter Pokémon (which ones will be revealed later). What does Henrique get out of being a charity service?
Once you've obtained your chosen Pokémon, Henrique tells you you can have an egg too! Okay, too generous...
You then get to choose one out of 12 eggs!
After you've obtained an egg and a Pokémon you leave the ranch, where your rival Looks forced... is waiting for you to have a battle!
I will reveal more later, else I spoil to much Wow, that was disappointing. Do you have anything of substance here? You've indicated that there's no plot so far...spoil too much? You didn't spoil anything, let alone too much...

Always, always, always have a mirror...
Downloads:

Spoiler:

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
Years
Woah, now those colours in the battle screen and much better than the others, Liking this update :)

Thanks!
I love these too :D

Rancher? This should be interesting...

Oh the critic :| (lol just kiddin)
- I don't present, obtaining a Pokémon as being new lol
- for the events, no i'm not going to say them :P
- The pokémon and the egg Henrique gives to you is just a present..
- Okay, too generous = lol:P
- sorry about the mirrors XD

Critic, thanks for your critism!

PoKéMaKeR​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back