• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Group Stage & Knockout Tournament

Jimmyray

Bish Bash Bosh
Years

ROUND 1 IS UP! Once you have found out who your opponent is, message them and work out a suitable time to battle. If your opponent is not active for a long time or makes no effort to communicate with you then they will automatically lose and receive -2 points. PLEASE VM ME ALL RESULTS! If you have any further questions, PM me!

ROUND 1:

GALLADE:
Jimmyray vs k-van
Winner: Jimmyray
Eleken vs RedWar
Winner: Eleken (due to inactive opponent)
GROUDON:
Hectic vs Mozarch4
Winner: Mozarch4
Dusknoirs vs XAndyyX ss
Winner: Dusknoirs

GARCHOMP:
ShinyUmbreonCZ vs luigi90210
Winner:
yuki3056 vs Cowboy Brianine
Winner:

GOLEM:
Dark sandslash vs Venzeron
Winner: Venzeron (Due to inactive opponent)
staryu_beast vs Nakuzami
Winner: staryu_beast​

How it works:
There will be 16 participants, each of whom will be designated into one of 4 groups, taking into account your time zone:

GROUP GALLADE
475.png

1 Jimmyray 2
2 Eleken 2
3 RedWar -2
4 k-van -2
GROUP GROUDON
383.png

1 Mozarch4 2
2 Dusknoirs 2
3 Hectic -2
4 XAndyyX ss -2
GROUP GARCHOMP
445.png

1 luigi90210 0
2 yuki3056 0
3 Cowboy Brianine 0
4 ShinyUmbreonCZ 0
GROUP GOLEM
76.png

1 Venzeron 2
2 staryu_beast 2
3 Nakuzami -2
4 Dark sandslash -2

Once each of these groups has four members, they each will play every other member of that group TWICE. For a win you get 2 points, and for a loss you get –2 points. I will update the tables after each round. I would appreciate it if both battlers left a message on my profile to let me know who won.

- If 2 battlers contradict eachother, neither will get the point unless someone can prove who won. Intentionally disconnecting will result in automatic loss, but if it is accidental the battlers may play the game again. If connection problems reoccur, with the permission of both battlers I will award them each 1 point.

- After all 6 fixtures have been played by every member; the 2 members with the most points in each group will proceed to the knockout stages. If there is a group where 2nd and 3rd are tied then they will have to battle again to decide who proceeds. Knockouts are determined by 1 match only.

This is 5th gen battling! The rules are standard Smogon rules.

The following are banned: Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-oh, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Deoxys(Normal & Attack formes), Dialga, Palkia, Giratina(all formes), Manaphy, Shaymin(Sky forme only), Darkrai, Arceus, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect

-Moody Ability is not allowed
-Do not have Drizzle and Swift Swim Abilities on the same team
-Chandelure with the Shadow Tag ability is banned

Standard clauses:

Sleep Clause: No two Pokemon of the same side should be asleep at the same time. Exceptions being Rest, and "no other choice" situations(ie. Effect Spore ability, or getting Encored on Hypnosis).

Evasion Clause: No use of moves that alter the ability to hit with attacks. This includes Flash, Double Team, & Sand-Attack. This does not include Acupressure and Metronome, which could randomly increase evasiveness

OHKO Clause: No using Guillotine, Horn Drill, Fissure, or Sheer Cold. Destiny Bond and Perish Song are allowed

Hax Item Clause: No using hold items that rely on luck. Hax Items include Lax Incense, King's Rock, Brightpowder, Razor Claw, Scope Lens, and Quick Claw

Species Clause: No two Pokemon of the same species on the same team. This does not apply to those in the same evolutionary line

Battles must be held with all Pokemon at level 100 or level 50

Singles 6v6

Wonder launcher NOT ALLOWED.

-PRIZES- (DONATIONS ARE GRATEFULLY ACCEPTED)
This is how the prizes will work: Whoever gets 1st place will receive an UT Quirky Aura Mew. Also, there are three other way giveaways which are as follows:
- SHINY EV'D JOLLY FLYGON
- SHINY EV'D ADAMANT METAGROSS
- EV'D ADAMANT SCIZOR

Now the winner will get to pick which of these they want with along with the Mew, the runner up will pick next and the third place person will get the remaining prize.

I am hoping to have the sign ups complete by 08/05/2011 but if we do not have enough I will have to allow more time. Also, when each member posts to join please leave your FC and the city you live (for matchup purposes) in so I can copy it and put it in the initial post for easy access.

PARTICIPANTS -
1. Jimmyray - London - 1119 9903 5644
2. Nakuzami - New York - 0690 4581 3571
3. k-van - Alberta - 2795 1154 9122
4. Mozarch4 - UAE - 1764 2118 2290
5. staryu_beast - California - 3310 4695 7361
6. Dark sandslash - New York - 3568 0558 3498
7. ShinyUmbreonCZ - 5243 1443 9611
8. Cowboy Brianine - California - 0132 1093 8213
9. yuki3056 - North Carolina - 0733 4083 5174
10. Venzeron - Maryland - 2537 3784 9860
11. luigi90210 - California - 3482 3268 2129
12. Eleken - Central Europe - 5286 1580 5052
13. Dusknoirs - Michigan - 0647 5066 5934
14. RedWar - London - 1549 4377 9616
15. Hectic - Louisiana - 0432 8598 6166
16. XAndyyX ss - Denver - 3782 8942 3696

Last edited:

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Well, why not? I can at least attempt to get the Mew/Scizor.

My FC: 0690 - 4581 - 3571
My City: No, i'm not posting my city. You can have the state, as that's all you need to figure out the time zone: New York

Jimmyray

Bish Bash Bosh
Years
Well, why not? I can at least attempt to get the Mew/Scizor.

My FC: 0690 - 4581 - 3571
My City: No, i'm not posting my city. You can have the state, as that's all you need to figure out the time zone: New York

Thanks, you've been added and allocated a group.

Jimmyray

Bish Bash Bosh
Years
I'll join.

FC: 2795 1154 9122
Province: Alberta

P.S. I see you are using the guys I gave you as prizes :D

Added.

And indeed! I was going to ask you a favour actually - if you could clone them for me!

Mozarch4

Beginer trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • UAE
  • Seen Oct 3, 2011
sign me up

my FC in sig and I live in UAE, if you dont know where that is then i think my time will do , its GMT +4

Jimmyray

Bish Bash Bosh
Years
@Mozarch4 and staryu_beast you guys have both been added.

@k-van I need all of the prizes cloned :)

Last edited:

Jimmyray

Bish Bash Bosh
Years
@Dark sandslash and man you guys have been added!

@Star Flame - Yes, but to be honest I wouldn't advise joining unless you have some experience. Of course you are free to join but not knowing anything about WiFi battling says to me you're going to be 6-0'd by EV trained teams! Of course, though - if you want to join you are more than welcome!

Jimmyray

Bish Bash Bosh
Years
whens the tourney gonna start? are we just going to wait til more people sign up?

Yeah, I was hoping we would have enough people by now but it looks like we don't! We only need a few more people to join, recommend joining to all your friends! :)

Back