• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: Nintendo Switch Discussion [OUT NOW!]

Years
  • Anyone pick up Disgaea 5 for Switch? I just got it and it's pretty deep. I remember these games being deep in terms of mechanics but I am getting overwhelmed, in a nice way though. It is a bit tough though. Any veterans of the series who have any insight for someone getting back into it?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Anyone pick up Disgaea 5 for Switch? I just got it and it's pretty deep. I remember these games being deep in terms of mechanics but I am getting overwhelmed, in a nice way though. It is a bit tough though. Any veterans of the series who have any insight for someone getting back into it?
    I am, personally, if only because I'm a sucker for the portable Disgaea titles. Granted, unlike the Vita and PSP ones, this one isn't looking like it has any new content other than the DLC (which I bought all of it for the PS4 but it's free so what the hell). Being able to lounge around and play Disgaea (or any SRPG, really) feels so fucking comfy-

So back to the game itself, I'd honestly say you're fine and don't really need to worry too much about the semantics until the postgame (because all Disgaea games begin in the postgame). Once you get involved with Reincarnation, Char World, efficient curry making, etc etc, that's when the game gets a bit more niche, but even in that sense I'd say, despite the fact that you don't have to take part in using those mechanics until the postgame, I'd say it's probably more fun to play with them as you go rather than just rush the story to get to the end and then let that be it, it'll keep you playing the game for longer.

I'm not even halfway through the story but I still have more hours than the casual player just because I enjoy chilling out and playing through the Item World and rerolling my characters to make them how I want them. Nothing's more satisfying than making a Mage that can punch harder than most of your higher level characters because she's been fine tuned to do so- just an example, but point is, once you get a handle on the character customization in this game (and I'd say D5 specifically more than any other, largely because this is probably the easiest game for anyone to get into the franchise with, maybe next to 4, even if they also both have the largest number of new/mechanics in the series), you're gonna be hooked, because that's where the game shines.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    The Batman Telltale game is coming to the Switch this Summer. Switch is perfect for the Telltale games, to be honest.

Years
  • I am, personally, if only because I'm a sucker for the portable Disgaea titles. Granted, unlike the Vita and PSP ones, this one isn't looking like it has any new content other than the DLC (which I bought all of it for the PS4 but it's free so what the hell). Being able to lounge around and play Disgaea (or any SRPG, really) feels so ****ing comfy-

So back to the game itself, I'd honestly say you're fine and don't really need to worry too much about the semantics until the postgame (because all Disgaea games begin in the postgame). Once you get involved with Reincarnation, Char World, efficient curry making, etc etc, that's when the game gets a bit more niche, but even in that sense I'd say, despite the fact that you don't have to take part in using those mechanics until the postgame, I'd say it's probably more fun to play with them as you go rather than just rush the story to get to the end and then let that be it, it'll keep you playing the game for longer.

I'm not even halfway through the story but I still have more hours than the casual player just because I enjoy chilling out and playing through the Item World and rerolling my characters to make them how I want them. Nothing's more satisfying than making a Mage that can punch harder than most of your higher level characters because she's been fine tuned to do so- just an example, but point is, once you get a handle on the character customization in this game (and I'd say D5 specifically more than any other, largely because this is probably the easiest game for anyone to get into the franchise with, maybe next to 4, even if they also both have the largest number of new/mechanics in the series), you're gonna be hooked, because that's where the game shines.
    The way I've been going through it is doing the story and maybe a quest or two in between and every time I go out into a map or come back from one I try to learn/employ a new feature that I learned or haven't used yet. I find the game very interesting with how many mechanics are just shoved in and that are pretty much completely optional for you to use. The game's early levels are even quite challenging too, as I've not done a mission since the first one without having someone die. I have put a little over 4 hours into it and I can feel myself getting super into it. This game is probably never ending

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    The next NEO GEO game being added to the Nintendo Switch...

The (allegedly) best golf video game of all time. $8. Day one purchase for me.

OriginRoute

The Omnipotent Origin
    Years
  • I recently got mine and must say that I'm impressed with the flexibility of the entire console. It's not very restrictive in terms of control options. If Joycons are uncomfortable for you, you have the option to use your own controller. Indoors or outdoors? No problem. This surely revolutionized gaming into the next level.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • Think I might get the Switch now, I've yet to play Zelda (which everyone praises) and Mario Kart Deluxe is just around the corner and there is apparently a FIFA in the works too.

Would like some more third party games, while appreciating that the graphics won't play the new Call of Duty or any other AAA games but tbh the Call of Duty games are more or less the same game with a reskin and overtime they got boring.

Would like Metroid to appear on it.

Last edited:

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • I've only had the Switch since last Friday and have yet to put serious time into it yet. The little that I have played has only been in handheld mode but I'm blown away at being able to play a game as beautiful as Zelda on a freakin' handheld.

As a big fan of the franchise, I'm probably most excited for the new Shin Megami Tensei game, but that's probably a year off. Still, MK8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2, Super Mario Odyssey, and Xenoblade 2 are must buys for me. Also with a confirmed Pokemon and Fire Emblem title on the horizon, I'd say the outlook is pretty good.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • Just got my Switch today, grey controllers, I reasoned that if I prefer the neon ones I can always buy them at a later date if mine go missing or just prefer to change things up or need more for multiplayer but I'm loving the grey ones because they're not going to be a fingerprint magnet for the time being.

Mario Kart looks great. Yet to try Zelda, although I have bought it.

Back