• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Digimon Tri & Appli Monsters

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    the old thread got locked and with the release of Loss (喪失 Sōshitsu) and the reveal of who 2 of the 5 didgedested who where there before tai and co & ect a new thread is in need.
    Spoiler:

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    I am gonna go on a limb and assume Hippogriffmon evolved into Zhuqiaomon, since they are both bird like anyway. Maki just made me really sad. All that time put into bringing Bakumon back and it doesn't even remember her because of the reboot.

I feel the original image showed in Digimon Adventure was just a filler image tbh. I think the creators just made a quick backstory at that point in order to develop the plot for Digimon Adventures and finally decided to go back and use it for Tri.

The Dark Gennai is creepy af. I can't even. The licking was gross.

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    The Dark Gennai is creepy af. I can't even. The licking was gross.

when you go to the dark side of the net, you either get sick or corrupted
    also, tri is based in 2005 and there where a lot of viruses in the dark side of the net at that time

Years
  • Honestly Tri is shaping up to have a really interesting plot and they've handled the characters and how they've grown fantastically (not to mention the art/animation). I'm not sure if I like part four as much as three but both were solid 8/10s imo.

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Dark Gennai is Myotismon again, calling it now.

that dose raise the question of just how many where revived by the reboot.
    "gennai"(could really be Benjamin, Jackie, Hogan, Jose, Ilya or new counterpart for all we know) stated that even those killed in the real world also came back.
    but Myotismon was killed in the digital world and never even turned into a digiegg after being purged in 02.
    it comes down to the question of how many actually got revived.
    there are some odd ones from 02, namely darkwargreymon, arukenimon, mummymon.
    the later 2 where created by oikawa
    darkwargreymon was created by arukenimon and in a way ken(namely he created the control spires that made up darkwargreymon)
    then there was chimeramon which was created by ken and in turn millenniummon who was a fusion of chimeramon and machinedramon via temporal paradox and it was one of millenniummon's spores that turned ken into the dark emperor to begin with.
    also that whole bit where oikawa turned into digital butterflies via power of the dream world.
    did any of them get revived?
    also leomon most likely got revived in order to die again as well

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    BlackWarGreymon was never a real Digimon to begin with so is incapable of 'coming back' in any capacity.

What is interesting though is that the 02 kids were most likely within the Digital World when the reset occured. What happened to them?

Also, there's an interesting reversal at play here: previous Alphamon have been opponents to Yggdrasil, yet this one serves it faithfully, with other Royal Knights being opposed, it seems (Hackmon, Agumon and Gabumon account for two more Royal Knights who would be opposed).

Does anybody have a clear shot of the poster of the next one? I can see Ophanimon Falldown Mode, Kari and Meiko in the image but that's it. Maybe the next one will be Meicoomon vs Ophanimon, but I'd like to know why Ophanimon appears in Falldown Mode and not her 'pure' form. Maybe the resident 'Mary Sue' ain't so perfect after all if she can cause her Digimon to take the Dark Digivolution route.

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    BlackWarGreymon was never a real Digimon to begin with so is incapable of 'coming back' in any capacity.

What is interesting though is that the 02 kids were most likely within the Digital World when the reset occured. What happened to them?

Also, there's an interesting reversal at play here: previous Alphamon have been opponents to Yggdrasil, yet this one serves it faithfully, with other Royal Knights being opposed, it seems (Hackmon, Agumon and Gabumon account for two more Royal Knights who would be opposed).

Does anybody have a clear shot of the poster of the next one? I can see Ophanimon Falldown Mode, Kari and Meiko in the image but that's it. Maybe the next one will be Meicoomon vs Ophanimon, but I'd like to know why Ophanimon appears in Falldown Mode and not her 'pure' form. Maybe the resident 'Mary Sue' ain't so perfect after all if she can cause her Digimon to take the Dark Digivolution route.
    any of these clean enough for you?
    16789692_1245336935573677_8589471852223528960_n.jpg

tri_part5_posterLQ2tweak_february24_2017.jpg

16789692_1245336935573677_8589471852223528960_n.jpg

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    So Meicoomon gets a Mega too?

BTW, Tri Part 1 will be out on DVD and Blu-Ray May 16 in the US and May 22 in the UK.

pkmin3033

Inclusion of Ophanimon Falldown Mode is interesting, since they've been pushing Magnadramon as Gatomon's Mega in pretty much all of the material up to this point...makes me wonder if they've changed their minds or if this is a Skullgreymon kind of deal with Kari messing up.

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Inclusion of Ophanimon Falldown Mode is interesting, since they've been pushing Magnadramon as Gatomon's Mega in pretty much all of the material up to this point...makes me wonder if they've changed their minds or if this is a Skullgreymon kind of deal with Kari messing up.

i think it might be a bit different then either of the times skullgreymon showed up, the first time it was cause of tai being a jerk riddled with fear and the second time it was cause of ken forcing agumon to digivolve.
    this time it might be because of the infection caused by Meicoomon.
    its also interesting to note that Ophanimon Falldown Mode was never described as a purely evil being, but rather a pissed off angel with an extreme sense of justice.
    A form of Ophanimon that was so angry that it suppressed its own emotions and fell into madness. It swelled with anger at the world, where atrocious sins keep mounting no matter how many times they are purged, and it closed off its heart. In order to nip evil in the bud, it hunts whichever opponents it has judged to have become a barrier to justice, and tries to establish a world of what it recognizes as justice. Its Special Move is hunting down the opponent with its "Flame Hellscythe", which is shrouded in flames that serve as a weapon, then plunging the hunted soul into hell with hellfire. Also, it has the "Demon's Crystal" summoning technique which keeps tormenting them until they die.
    makes me wonder if ophanimon core will show up
    latest

Back