• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Wish (Demo Out Now!)

Prof. Leon Dias

Let your memes be dreams
Years
Link to the Official Discord: https://discord.gg/N46NeqS

Important Announcement:
Just to provide an update on the life of this project:
The 2 gym demo has released!
Here is the download: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/avc3244iqbuv2/Wish_Demo_2023

Intro
Hi all,
Pokemon Wish Version is the culmination of almost 7 years of planning, trials, errors, restarts, and passion! This hack is also my way of honoring a deceased friend of mine, someone who changed my life forever. As a promise to both myself, and to honor her memory, I present you this fanmade passion project.
So without further ado, lets get to the world I have crafted for you all to enjoy.

Story
The Acromia Region sits upon thousands of years of history. Kingdoms and Empires have risen and fallen on the diverse terrain where the Acromians call home. Several thousand years ago, the Ancient Acromians made contact with forces far beyond their control, and through their own hubris would end up decimating the world around them. To ensure peace and prosperity, a young woman and her band of heroes appealed to the Wishmaker and its five guardian keys to end the senseless violence and wars caused by their fellow man.

Fast forward to today, Acromia is under the management of a new, controversial government, and the Cult of Black Star seeks to revive the Wishmaker for their own nefarious purposes. A young hero is sent off on a journey to help the questionable Professor Aspen. Along the way, this hero will encounter immeasurable odds, meet lifelong friends and allies, and learn the history of their forefathers in the days of yore. Our hero must tread lightly in a world that is increasingly out to get those who do not willingly fall in line, while trying to maintain their youthful innocence.

Just who is the new President of Acromia and what are her aims?
Why does the Black Star Cult seek to revive the Wishmaker?
Who or what is the mysterious being(s?) guiding our hero?
Will our hero be successful in their quest to challenge the Acromia League and complete the Pokedex?
All of these questions and more will be answered. It is up to you- the player, to figure them out.

Screenshots
Advertisement.png

Features
- A whole new region to explore
- An all original cast of characters, lore, and events
- Over 450 Pokemon available during the main campaign
- Mechanics updated to Generation 8, courtesy of CFRU (aka what Unbound and Radical Red are built off of)
- Custom level up learnsets for every single Pokemon
- Custom TM's and Move Tutors
- Pokemon from all 9 Generations so far make their appearance in Acromia (Gen 9 pending)
- Gen 3.5 art style
- Various UI Changes
- Dexnav unlocked after a certain point in the story
- Mega Evolutions. Z moves and Dynamax possibly available in the postgame
- Deletable HM's, only 4 of the 8 required to finish the main campaign
- Decapitalization of everything you can imagine, the whole game is grammatically correct
- Day and Night system with some wild encounters dependent on the time
- 1.5 regions, the main campaign being Acromia, and the postgame taking place on affiliated islands

To Do List (will be updated occasionally)
- Continue the game lol

Bug Reporting
I'm always active. Comment below or dm me with any bugs and glitches you find. Preferably with a screenshot or video. I'll get onto it ASAP and release an update on occassion depending on how severe the problems are. There is a channel on the Leon Labs Discord specifically for this as well.

FAQ's
What rom do I need to patch this on?
Fire Red 1.0, try looking for (Squirrels) version for best results.

How do I patch a UPS file?
Spoiler:

(Thanks PokemonAce123)

Where do I get the National Dex?
Beat the main campaign.

What can I expect?
A plot that takes itself seriously, but isnt afraid to poke fun. Some fourth wall breaks occur. Doesn't deviate TOO much from the general formula.
Aspects of the plot are darker in nature, but are mostly subtle and told through subtext if you really pay attention to the dialogue. We try to stray away from anything that would be found in a cringey fanfic written by a middle schooler. Expect a story with soul.

When Can I Expect Updates?
They come when they come, I have college and work to balance as well. I try to work on this every single day, however. I won't keep you waiting too long.

Are Updates Compatible with Previous Saves?
The game is built entirely differently from the ground up, so no.

How many Pokemon are in the hack?
Over 450 in the main campaign, undetermined amount for the post-game.

Credits
Christ there is a lot, if I somehow forgot to note something of yours that I used, call it to my attention and I will add the credit you deserve with an apology. Since this is so very long, I will contain it within a spoiler. However, special thanks goes to the main dev team!

- Kwenio, Lead art director
- Artsy, concept artist
- Fuwu, sprite artist
- Cynda, sprite artist
- Idilio, sprite artist
- Mimi, music
- Doc Breeb, music
- Aosana, writer and editor, bug tester

Special Mentions also go to:

- Skeli + Pokemon Unbound team, for help with DPE, CFRU, and various insertions and lending resources
- The folks at RHH for supporting our project!

Spoiler:

Downloads

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/avc3244iqbuv2/Wish_Demo_2023

Last edited:

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
So, I just finished the Demo and I have to say, I liked it.
Interesting dialogues, well crafted characters and situations, an okay distribution of pok?mon and aside from their simplicity, the maps look fine.

Now, while I enjoyed this beta, I couldn't avoid finding tons of minor issues.
Only one of them is game breaking amd since you're already aware of it, I'll just skip it.
These issues are not a big deal at all, but it would be nice if they were addressed at some point down the road, like in the final release for example.
I wrote them down in a text document, here they are:
Spoiler:

I'll be looking forward to the next version, good luck Leon! :D

Last edited:

Prof. Leon Dias

Let your memes be dreams
Years
Hi, this hack looks promising u should make a discord for this hack to

I have been mulling it over. I might make one in the future.

Did you customize the Pokedex yourself?

The Pokedex is entirely custom made. About 40% of all time I've spent on the hack went into just the Pokedex itself, and I admittably want to avoid it for the rest of my life XD. (unless theres a bug...)

Is the mega evolution similar to XY or it's just outside of battle?

Mega Evolution is present as it is in Generation 6, thanks to Touched's source code. However as of May 4th's Demo, there is no mention or use of it. You will have access to it around the 7th gym-ish.

So, I just finished the Demo and I have to say, I liked it.
Interesting dialogues, well crafted characters and situations, an okay distribution of pok?mon and aside from their simplicity, the maps look fine.

Now, while I enjoyed this beta, I couldn't avoid finding tons of minor issues.
Only one of them is game breaking amd since you're already aware of it, I'll just skip it.
These issues are not a big deal at all, but it would be nice if they were addressed at some point down the road, like in the final release for example.
I wrote them down in a text document, here they are:

Spoiler:

I'll be looking forward to the next version, good luck Leon! :D

M8 I love you for this. I'll get right on it as soon as I possibly can.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2022
I'm having a bug where if I view the pokemon menu, and then try to exit the screen will go black. This happens when I try to use healing items, or if I want to switch my pokemon.

PolandDev

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • nobe
  • Seen Jul 25, 2023
Pokemon Wish is currently being remade from scratch on a new engine. Featured will be a completely new and custom pokedex, map edits, story rewrites and made to not steamroll the game with Charmander. Next release will be 4 gyms long.

What engine?

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Nov 26, 2023
If I may ask, why is there a character named "3"? It gives 1 exp and it seems to have a low capture rate... I found it when I went to the James woods. I also found a pokemon named "-"

Attachments

• Weird.png
    Weird.png
    30.7 KB · Views: 47
  • Weird 2.png
    Weird 2.png
    24.5 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Back