• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Official Hack Checking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Road

beyond salvation
Years
  • Got these 2 Pokemon in a Wonder Trade. Now, they seem legit at first look but I want to double check. They are a Level 100 Shiny Dialga and a Level 100 Shiny Volcarona. Now, I know it was possible to get a Shiny Dialga through an event which seems to be the case here, however the Volcarona is ... I'm not sure.

Volcarona - F - 100
    Pokerus Black Pentagon
    HP - 311
    ATT - 113
    DEF - 166
    Sp.A - 369
    Sp.D - 247
    Spd - 328
    Timid
    Flame Body
    Weakness Policy
    Inside Luxury Ball

Dialga - N/A - 100
    No Icon which would make sense as an Event Pokemon pre-Gen 6
    HP - 404
    ATT - 220
    Def - 277
    Sp.A - 438
    Sp.D - 236
    Spd - 216
    Modest
    Pressure
    Adamant Orb
    Inside Cherish Ball
    According to calc, IVs are 31/1/31/31/31/31 for Volcarona. Suspicious but not outright impossible. Looks fine overall but would always be suspicious of WT stuff.

Shiny Dialga events have the Souvenir Ribbon which keeps it from being traded via Wonder Trade and GTS, so it is likely missing it and therefore is hacked.

Years
  • Shiny Dedenne (Female) received on Sun/Moon Wonder Trade

Luxury Ball
    Type Electric Fairy
    Level 92 (Exp points 800,000. 4,357 to next level)
    OT (Japanese Characters, can't say)
    ID no 919692
    HP 233
    Attack 117
    Defense 134
    SP Atk 149
    Sp Def 151
    Speed 216

Nature Jolly
    Ability Pickup
    Held Item None
    Characteristic Highly persistent

Moves
    Tackle
    Tail Whip

Egg received and apparently hatched: 4/10/2017, Paniola Ranch

Language JPN

(such a high level and only two moves, clearly a hack I'm sure)

Years
  • Shiny Bulbasaur (Male) received on Sun/Moon Wonder Trade

Normal Pokeball
    Type Grass
    Level 100, exp 1,059,860 (So can't even evolve him now, great!)
    OT PKSM
    ID no 993401
    HP 231
    Attack 134
    Defense 134
    SP Atk 166
    Sp Def 166
    Speed 126

Nature Quirky
    Ability Overgrow
    Held Item None

Moves
    Double Edge
    Worry Seed
    Synthesis
    Seed Bomb

Egg received and apparently hatched 2/1/2017, Paniola Ranch

Language CHS

Years
  • Roadmart and Soapy.

Thanks for taking the time to reply (just saw these now).

I wanna try and beat battle tree which I've means I need to learn about this IV and EV stuff. Looks like a mission. Cheers for the explanations and I'll start researching it now. This is gonna be horrible hahaha.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    Roadmart and Soapy.

Thanks for taking the time to reply (just saw these now).

I wanna try and beat battle tree which I've means I need to learn about this IV and EV stuff. Looks like a mission. Cheers for the explanations and I'll start researching it now. This is gonna be horrible hahaha.
    Hey! I wish you luck :) if you need any help just send a Visitor Message my way, I'll gladly answer you!
    I'm currently checking your Dedenne, but I can say with confidence that your Bulbasaur is hacked, because of the OT and Language. Firsty, because a quirk in the CHS language keyboard does not have our alphabet, it would look like there are spaces between each character (@RoadMart, feel free to add a Source, I can't find mine). Also, PKSM is the name of a Pokémon hack software. So that pretty much confirms it :(

Road

beyond salvation
    Years
  • Hey! I wish you luck :) if you need any help just send a Visitor Message my way, I'll gladly answer you!
    I'm currently checking your Dedenne, but I can say with confidence that your Bulbasaur is hacked, because of the OT and Language. Firsty, because a quirk in the CHS language keyboard does not have our alphabet, it would look like there are spaces between each character (@RoadMart, feel free to add a Source, I can't find mine). Also, PKSM is the name of a Pokémon hack software. So that pretty much confirms it :(
    Actually, the language is not as much of a factor. Remember that language is set on the egg (when received from the Day Care), so it could have been bred on a CHS game, then traded over to an ENG game and hatched there.
    What Soaps is referring to with the different alphabet tho you can see in the OT of my Sceptile here (shown on ORAS but still valid in the newer games). Asian games (JPN/CHS/CHN/KOR) use full-width alphanumeric vs the half-width that Western games use. (Looks like THIS rather than THIS.)

Still, the OT being the hacking program is a bigger indication, so yeah, probably still not good.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Thanks again gentlemen, I appreciate it.

I will be deleting any obviously hacked shinies and not trading/sending them back to the wonder trade. It defeats the purpose of shinies in first place and it's pretty sad that hacking culture has ruined shiny collecting.

I'll keep coming back to this thread when I need to!

m_asad194

It all began with a Mew.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Sep 14, 2017
    I wanted to ask regarding the date received section of an event pokemon. The date received will always be the date that is on your 3ds system irrespective of the actual date right?

For example, if an event has the start and end dates as 13 May 2017 to 25 June 2017. While receiving and picking the event the date on my 3ds is 8 May. The event pokemon will have the received date of 8 May?

Does it affect the legitimacy of the event pokemon in anyway? Thank you.

Flan

has the bird flu.
    Years
    • Age 27
    • NYC
    • Seen Oct 15, 2017
    Hey guys, I'm coming in with a question for you all. When you transfer legitimate Gen 3 events all the way up to Sun/Moon, does a legitimate event state that it "eems to have traveled across both space and time to reach you from the Hoenn/Kanto region," or does it say that it "[a] fateful encounter seems to have led it across space and time to reach you from the Hoenn/Kanto Region?"

I'm having a hard time differentiating between some events of mine to ensure for 100% legitimacy (though everything else passes the smell test), as I've got a Wishmaker Shiny Jirachi here with the latter description, but a regular Wishmaker Jirachi with the former description. Furthermore, I noticed that my Mattle Ho-Oh has the latter description. I looked at my Channel Jirachi, Ageto Celebi, and Rocks 2005 Metang, and they all have the former description.

I'm not sure what may be hacked or not, or if the "fateful encounter" tag is only applicable to some certain Gen 3 events (eg. Jirachi, Mattle Ho-Oh, etc.). This is giving me a headache, and to sort of answer my own question, I ended up buying a Colosseum Jirachi Bonus Disc to test it out myself, but I won't be able to do that until the next week or two. I'm also going to be playing through Colosseum to get Mattle Ho-Oh myself, but I wanted to ask everyone here first before I go through all of this hassle lol.

What has your experience been with Gen 3 events and the "fateful encounter" tag? Usually, I don't like trading Gen 3 events because of this hassle, but I figure it's better to just get as educated as I can about them for the future.

Road

beyond salvation
    Years
  • I wanted to ask regarding the date received section of an event pokemon. The date received will always be the date that is on your 3ds system irrespective of the actual date right?

For example, if an event has the start and end dates as 13 May 2017 to 25 June 2017. While receiving and picking the event the date on my 3ds is 8 May. The event pokemon will have the received date of 8 May?

Does it affect the legitimacy of the event pokemon in anyway? Thank you.
    Yes, obtained date is determined by when it is received from the guy in the PC. Most event traders do not care about date, as long as it is within the distribution period. Most also prefer the Pokemon not to have the date of the first day of the event, as most Powersaved events have Wonder Cards for those dates. (This was more easily tracked in 6th Gen when the Pokemon had the same date as their WC date, but now those are split so I'm not sure how valid it is. Would still recommend not receiving stuff on the first day even if you can, UNLESS you have some way to provide full proof of the Pokemon's legitimacy.)

Hey guys, I'm coming in with a question for you all. When you transfer legitimate Gen 3 events all the way up to Sun/Moon, does a legitimate event state that it "eems to have traveled across both space and time to reach you from the Hoenn/Kanto region," or does it say that it "[a] fateful encounter seems to have led it across space and time to reach you from the Hoenn/Kanto Region?"

I'm having a hard time differentiating between some events of mine to ensure for 100% legitimacy (though everything else passes the smell test), as I've got a Wishmaker Shiny Jirachi here with the latter description, but a regular Wishmaker Jirachi with the former description. Furthermore, I noticed that my Mattle Ho-Oh has the latter description. I looked at my Channel Jirachi, Ageto Celebi, and Rocks 2005 Metang, and they all have the former description.

I'm not sure what may be hacked or not, or if the "fateful encounter" tag is only applicable to some certain Gen 3 events (eg. Jirachi, Mattle Ho-Oh, etc.). This is giving me a headache, and to sort of answer my own question, I ended up buying a Colosseum Jirachi Bonus Disc to test it out myself, but I won't be able to do that until the next week or two. I'm also going to be playing through Colosseum to get Mattle Ho-Oh myself, but I wanted to ask everyone here first before I go through all of this hassle lol.

What has your experience been with Gen 3 events and the "fateful encounter" tag? Usually, I don't like trading Gen 3 events because of this hassle, but I figure it's better to just get as educated as I can about them for the future.

Good question, and luckily I have a solid answer! Thanks to combined efforts with HaxAras, a trader on here that does a lot of 3rd Gen event collection, we have determined that, when transferred to higher gens, 3rd Gen Event Pokemon should not have the "fateful encounter" tag. I'm pretty sure this extends to ALL 3rd Gen events, whether they were IRL distributions such as PCNY or 10th Anniversary, or game distributions such as Wishmaker Jirachi.

We checked the data of the Pokemon as displayed in 3rd Gen, and what it literally says is "Met at fateful encounter." So, it'S MET location is set to "(in) a fateful encounter" rather than having any sort of tag. (Pretty sure "fateful encounter" tag came in 4th Gen, since so far I haven't heard any word of any of the 3rd Gen events having it, just that as the met location.) Bulbapedia and Serebii actually reflect this information; on Bulbapedia they are listed as "Met in a fateful encounter when at Lv XX." and on Serebii it lists "Event. Met at Lv. XX."

tl;dr All 3rd Gen events should have the first listing. If it has the "fateful encounter" tag, it is a hack.

Last edited:

Flan

has the bird flu.
    Years
    • Age 27
    • NYC
    • Seen Oct 15, 2017
    Good question, and luckily I have an answer! Thanks to combined efforts with HaxAras, a trader on here that does a lot of 3rd Gen event collection, we have determined that, when transferred to higher gens, 3rd Gen Event Pokemon should not have the "fateful encounter" tag. I'm pretty sure this extends to ALL 3rd Gen events, whether they were IRL distributions such as PCNY or 10th Anniversary, or game distributions such as Wishmaker Jirachi.

We checked the data of the Pokemon as displayed in 3rd Gen, and what it literally says is "Met at fateful encounter." So, it'S MET location is set to "fateful encounter" rather than having any sort of tag. (Pretty sure "fateful encounter" tag came in 4th Gen, since so far I haven't heard any word of any of the 3rd Gen events having it, just that as the met location.) Bulbapedia and Serebii reflect this information; on Bulbapedia they are listed as "Met in a fateful encounter when at Lv XX." and on Serebii it lists "Event. Met at Lv. XX."

tl;dr All 3rd Gen events should have the first listing. If it has the "fateful encounter" tag, it is a hack.

omfg RoadMart I love you--thank you for solving everything for me. Looks like I'll be playing through Colosseum anyway to replace my (newly discovered) hacked Mattle Ho-Oh lol. I'm not surprised the Shiny Jirachi ended up being hacked. Now I can continue on listing new events in my shop, phew.

Road

beyond salvation
    Years
  • omfg RoadMart I love you--thank you for solving everything for me. Looks like I'll be playing through Colosseum anyway to replace my (newly discovered) hacked Mattle Ho-Oh lol. I'm not surprised the Shiny Jirachi ended up being hacked. Now I can continue on listing new events in my shop, phew.
    Glad to help! Couldn't really have done it without HaxAras tho, he has the program that can check Pokemon data for 3rd Gen games and is the one that made the connection. (He even actually has a distribution card for Journey Across America Pokemon and downloaded them, then checked them for me.) I really like 10th Anniv Pokemon which is why I went through the trouble of bothering him lol. @w@

Reminds me that I need to check my older event stuff to see if they had those tags; it's the little things that slip under the radar. >> Do let me know if you have any other questions about them, I can keep checking!

m_asad194

It all began with a Mew.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Sep 14, 2017
    Yes, obtained date is determined by when it is received from the guy in the PC. Most event traders do not care about date, as long as it is within the distribution period. Most also prefer the Pokemon not to have the date of the first day of the event, as most Powersaved events have Wonder Cards for those dates. (This was more easily tracked in 6th Gen when the Pokemon had the same date as their WC date, but now those are split so I'm not sure how valid it is. Would still recommend not receiving stuff on the first day even if you can, UNLESS you have some way to provide full proof of the Pokemon's legitimacy.)

powersaved events have a wondercard too? o_o

Road

beyond salvation
    Years
  • powersaved events have a wondercard too? o_o
    When I say "Powersaved events" I mean the Wonder Cards you can inject into your game via Powersaves. Usually the data for them is taken from the first day of the event, so the Wonder Card will have that date. This made it easy to find hacked events in 6th. Unfortunately, since 7th now does date based on system, it's harder to track.

m_asad194

It all began with a Mew.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Sep 14, 2017
    When I say "Powersaved events" I mean the Wonder Cards you can inject into your game via Powersaves. Usually the data for them is taken from the first day of the event, so the Wonder Card will have that date. This made it easy to find hacked events in 6th. Unfortunately, since 7th now does date based on system, it's harder to track.

Oh I see. I have this event from Evee's colorful friends distribution. The met date on it is 12/5/17. This could be because the redeemer had their date set to 12 because everything else is in order, the attacks/nature/ribbon/place of meeting etc.

what do you have to say?

Road

beyond salvation
    Years
  • Oh I see. I have this event from Evee's colorful friends distribution. The met date on it is 12/5/17. This could be because the redeemer had their date set to 12 because everything else is in order, the attacks/nature/ribbon/place of meeting etc.

what do you have to say?
    Is that in the format of day/month/year? That would put it one day before the event. It could have happened because the person downloading it had a foreign system set to an earlier time (3DS does change time based on location, but I think it only happens if they connect to WiFi), which put the date on the Pokemon earlier than seems possible. (I've had the reverse issue where I went to download an event via WiFi on my US system, but the time/date is set to Japan time so it seems I received it one day late.) There's no region lock on local events like this so it's possible to receive it on any region system.

If the Pokemon is in some other language other than Japanese, I would say it's fine. If it IS Japanese however, I would be wary; the time/date issue is less likely for a variety of reasons, so it seems way more fishy. Personally I wouldn't be trading it around unless you had proof for it or got it from someone who is really trustworthy.

m_asad194

It all began with a Mew.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Sep 14, 2017
    Is it okay for Pok?mon Colosseum e ticket Togipe to have met location as "seems to have travelled across both space and time to reach you from a distant land."

Road

beyond salvation
    Years
  • Is it okay for Pok?mon Colosseum e ticket Togipe to have met location as "seems to have travelled across both space and time to reach you from a distant land."
    Yes, in fact it should. Met location is determined by the game the Pokemon is generated in (not, for example, what game it was transferred from).
    Based on the info of the event, it comes from Colosseum therefore it's location is "a distant land" (the location for Orre). We also talked about above how the "fateful encounter" tag didn't exist in 3rd gen (instead the met location was "a fateful encounter") so there will be no mention of it on newer games.

(Little side note to make sure it has the right ribbon, which should be the same even in newer gens.)

m_asad194

It all began with a Mew.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Sep 14, 2017
    Yes, in fact it should. Met location is determined by the game the Pokemon is generated in (not, for example, what game it was transferred from).
    Based on the info of the event, it comes from Colosseum therefore it's location is "a distant land" (the location for Orre). We also talked about above how the "fateful encounter" tag didn't exist in 3rd gen (instead the met location was "a fateful encounter") so there will be no mention of it on newer games.

(Little side note to make sure it has the right ribbon, which should be the same even in newer gens.)

Thanks this was a big help!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back