• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Official Hack Checking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
I got a Shiny Sylveon in a Cherish Ball:
Shiny Sylveon ENG
Female
OT: XY
ID: 39173
Event Ribbon
Kalos Native, Lv. 44 (Touched)
Cute Charm / Quiet
Average IVs

Is this a legit event? I'm having trouble finding info on it

Last edited:
Years
I got a Shiny Sylveon in a Cherish Ball:
Shiny Sylveon ENG
Female
OT: XY
ID: 39173
Event Ribbon
Kalos Native, Lv. 44 (Touched)
Cute Charm / Quiet
Average IVs

Is this a legit event? I'm having trouble finding info on it

It appears to be fake, as there was no shiny sylveon event according to Serebii. It might be a fake version of the 2014 South Korean Sylveon. (It should've been KOR instead of ENG then)

Years
Shiny Milotic (Male) received on Sun/Moon Wonder Trade

Normal Pokeball
Type Water
Level 27 (Exp points 29,317. 2,293 to next level)
OT Dave
ID no 51229
HP 93
Attack 40
Defense 59
SP Atk 62
Sp Def 74
Speed 49

Nature Bold
Ability Competitive
Held Item None

Moves
Dive (Water)
Dragon Pulse (Dragon)
Dragon Tail (Dragon)
Hypnosis (Psychic)

"Seems to have travelled across both space and time to reach you from the the Kalos region"
"Characteristic: A little quick tempered"

No language initials, so English.

Think it must be hacked. Nobody in their right mind would send out genuine shinies on Wonder Trade, but you never know!

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Jan 29, 2024

Normal Pokeball
Type Water
OT Dave
ID no 51229
HP 93
Attack 40
Defense 59
SP Atk 62
Sp Def 74
Speed 49

Nature Bold
Ability Competitive
Held Item None

Moves
Dive (Water)
Dragon Pulse (Dragon)
Dragon Tail (Dragon)
Hypnosis (Psychic)

"Seems to have travelled across both space and time to reach you from the the Kalos region"

Think it must be hacked. Nobody in their right mind would send out genuine shinies on Wonder Trade, but you never know!

I ran the numbers on this through an IV checker, and its IVs appear pretty bad. I think you got one of the few legit wonder trade shinies out there.

Road

beyond salvation
Years

Normal Pokeball
Type Water
OT Dave
ID no 51229
HP 93
Attack 40
Defense 59
SP Atk 62
Sp Def 74
Speed 49

Nature Bold
Ability Competitive
Held Item None

Moves
Dive (Water)
Dragon Pulse (Dragon)
Dragon Tail (Dragon)
Hypnosis (Psychic)

In addition, it comes from Kalos (5th Gen) where RNG was super easy to do, and since it has trash IVs it likely was a test or something. Since it had such little value they probably thought to just send it off (as a nice gift!).

Years
Hi, thanks for the replies!
I'm not up on the stats as I'm a casual player, but the guy before you seems to think it'd legit BECAUSE of the bad IVs, and you say this could also indicate a hack. Obviously stats that are too good to be true means a hack, so where's the line? I guess there really is no way to tell 100%?

Edit: Sorry I just looked up what RNG means but not sure how it applies here. Easy RNG means its more likely to be hacked or not?

Road

beyond salvation
Years
I'm not up on the stats as I'm a casual player, but the guy before you seems to think it'd legit BECAUSE of the bad IVs, and you say this could also indicate a hack. Obviously stats that are too good to be true means a hack, so where's the line? I guess there really is no way to tell 100%?

Edit: Sorry I just looked up what RNG means but not sure how it applies here. Easy RNG means its more likely to be hacked or not?
Ah sorry, didn't realize you didn't know RNG! Essentially RNG abuse makes it so you can control nature/gender/IVs/Shinyness/etc. RNG abuse is generally accepted as legit no matter how it's done or in what gen, since it doesn't require any external devices interacting directly with the system. So I think it's legit!

How easy or hard it is to RNG isn't a super big factor in legitness, though people are skeptical of really good stuff from 3rd Gen sometimes because it is notably hard to do in those games (and is limited based on several factors). 5th Gen was the easiest gen to RNG abuse in, which is why if you have Shinies, even flawless ones, from there I generally say they are pretty safe.

Spyro

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018

To answer your question about bad IVs, it is due to the value they have, that sometimes can be an indicator of a hack.
IVs, or Individual Values can have a value of 0 (terrible) to 31 (perfect). It isn't unlikely to get a few IVs with 0 from a wild Pok?mon, and you can even pass down this awful stat to bred Pok?mon. The thing that might be off however, is when ALL stats are at 0. When every single stat have the same number, the Pok?mon can either be bred, or as Road explained it, RNG Abused. Otherwise, that Pok?mon is hacked, because it is very unlikely that someone took their time to breed/RNG a Pok?mon only to give it the worst stats in the world.

Normally Pok?mon have moslty different numbers in each stats. By looking quickly at your Pok?mon, yes, it doesn't have really good stats, but they aren't suspicious at all!
HP = 18 - 21
Attack = 29 - 31
Defense = 24 - 27
Spec. Attack = 12 - 14
Spec. Defense = 6 - 9
Speed = 1 - 4

Years
In addition, it comes from Kalos (5th Gen) where RNG was super easy to do, and since it has trash IVs it likely was a test or something. Since it had such little value they probably thought to just send it off (as a nice gift!).
wait, you can RNG abuse in Kalos/6th gen games? so many people said it was difficult to RNG abuse in 6th generation games.

Road

beyond salvation
Years
wait, you can RNG abuse in Kalos/6th gen games? so many people said it was difficult to RNG abuse in 6th generation games.
...Oh. Kalos. Kalos is 6th Gen. Unova was 5th Gen. I definitely did not forget.

K so disregard everything I said about RNG, as it is not actually possible in 6th Gen. All that talk was indeed about UNOVA which is the ACTUAL 5th Gen, where RNG WAS possible and super easy.

Still, the Milotic seems fine. To be from Kalos it would have to have been bred in XY, which is fine. Probably they were breeding for something decent and the Shiny popped out.

Sorry for the confusion! You'd think I'd have everything straight but alas. @w@

Years
OK, I need help checking a shiny Golurk that I just got through a trade. All information is below:

region of origin: Kalos

I.V.s: Max in all stats

Nature: Adamant

Ability: Iron Fist

Ribbons: Alola Champion Ribbon, Hoenn Champion Ribbon, Kalos Champion Ribbon, Contest Star Ribbon, Coolness Master Ribbon, Beauty Master Ribbon, Cuteness Master Ribbon, Cleverness Master Ribbon, Toughness Master Ribbon, Best Friends Ribbon, Effort Ribbon, Gorgeous Ribbon, Royal Ribbon, Gorgeous Royal Ribbon, Footprint Ribbon

Where You Received it From: Wonder Trade

OT/ID: Marlies<3; 31476

Moveset: Earthquake, Shadow Punch, Ice Punch, Heavy Slam

Stats: 381 Attack, 196 Defense, 209 Speed, 196 Special Defense, 131 Special Attack, 320 HP

E.V. Spread: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP

Level: 1oo

Other Info: Has Pokerus

Last edited:

Road

beyond salvation
Years
OK, I need help checking a shiny Golurk that I just got through a trade. All information is below:

region of origin: Kalos

I.V.s: Max in all stats

Nature: Adamant

Ability: Iron Fist

Ribbons: Alola Champion Ribbon, Hoenn Champion Ribbon, Kalos Champion Ribbon, Contest Star Ribbon, Coolness Master Ribbon, Beauty Master Ribbon, Cuteness Master Ribbon, Cleverness Master Ribbon, Toughness Master Ribbon, Best Friends Ribbon, Effort Ribbon, Gorgeous Ribbon, Royal Ribbon, Gorgeous Royal Ribbon, Footprint Ribbon

Where You Received it From: Wonder Trade

OT/ID: Marlies<3; 31476

Moveset: Earthquake, Shadow Punch, Ice Punch, Heavy Slam

Stats: 381 Attack, 196 Defense, 209 Speed, 196 Special Defense, 131 Special Attack, 320 HP

E.V. Spread: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP

Level: 1oo

Other Info: Has Pokerus
Hmm, the combination of all those factors make me pretty sure it's hacked, especially since it came from WT. No results for the OT/ID so it's not from a Youtuber/streamer of some sort. Are all its contest stats maxed as well?

Mikazuki

"Someday, I will..."
Years
That sucks. Thanks for helping me with this Pokemon.

Personally I don't think it's fair to definitively call hacks on that Golurk. Suspicious? Absolutely! But all of those ribbons are attainable without hacks. What makes it most suspicious to me is if someone went through all of that trouble to attain those ribbons on a shiny mon, ev train it, and max its lvl; why would they give it away so freely as to wondertrade it where it could possibly be attained by any trainer with the potential of cloning to put it into mass production. Should it be noted that it's extremely suspicious? Yes. Even require as a stipulation for trade that people are notified of the suspicion. Banned as a hack? I don't agree. Heck refer to my original shop or RNC's shop and see BOZO's Gyarados. It looks way to good to be true, but I took and still take RNC's word to the bank. I defer to our lovely TC mod Soapyyy because her word is law, but that's just my 2 cents.

Spyro

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
Personally I don't think it's fair to definitively call hacks on that Golurk. Suspicious? Absolutely! But all of those ribbons are attainable without hacks. What makes it most suspicious to me is if someone went through all of that trouble to attain those ribbons on a shiny mon, ev train it, and max its lvl; why would they give it away so freely as to wondertrade it where it could possibly be attained by any trainer with the potential of cloning to put it into mass production. Should it be noted that it's extremely suspicious? Yes. Even require as a stipulation for trade that people are notified of the suspicion. Banned as a hack? I don't agree. Heck refer to my original shop or RNC's shop and see BOZO's Gyarados. It looks way to good to be true, but I took and still take RNC's word to the bank. I defer to our lovely TC mod Soapyyy because her word is law, but that's just my 2 cents.

My word isn't an absolute however lol.
But active Pokérus + All those ribbons + EV train + 6IV + Wonder Trade is an extremely frequent pattern for hacks. While sure, all of that can be optained legitimately, but it is highly unlikely as you say, and I would rather not have those going around. As I stated in my hack checking guide, Shiny Pokémon from Wonder Trade and GTS should be treated very cautiously. ^-^;

Years
Got these 2 Pokemon in a Wonder Trade. Now, they seem legit at first look but I want to double check. They are a Level 100 Shiny Dialga and a Level 100 Shiny Volcarona. Now, I know it was possible to get a Shiny Dialga through an event which seems to be the case here, however the Volcarona is ... I'm not sure.

Volcarona - F - 100
Pokerus Black Pentagon
HP - 311
ATT - 113
DEF - 166
Sp.A - 369
Sp.D - 247
Spd - 328
Timid
Flame Body
Weakness Policy
Inside Luxury Ball