• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba 鬼滅の刃

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
  • Demon_Slayer_-_Kimetsu_no_Yaiba%2C_volume_1.jpg

So anyone here are also a fan of Demon Slayer?
    My favourite characters have to be Nezuko (Not going to spoil the movie here anyway).
    Just watched the movie yesterday and I cried in the cinema, not fun.​

Last edited:
    Years
  • I've yet to watch this, but from the little I've seen I do like the art style!! there are sooo many fans and I feel like I'm missing out by not at least watching the anime. The movie did really well in the Japanese box office apparently too (not surprised). It's def on my to-watch list, hopefully soon ;_;

Daisuke Mitsuharu

Punching Bag
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2023
    Ufotable really did a bang-up job with the anime adaptation. Honestly anything Ufotable touches is guaranteed to be a visual spectacle, and Demon Slayer was certainly not an exception. The effects that were used for the different sword techniques were 👌. Not to take away from the manga or anything (the manga is great all on its own), but I think the anime was what put the series on the map. I started with the anime, and after binge-watching it, I immediately read the manga! Then Sanemi grew to become my favorite character, after initially not liking him on his first appearance. Honorable mentions to Giyu, the rest of the Hashira, and the Upper Moons, though. I haven't watched the movie, but I do know roughly what's going to go down. I'm not surprised you ended up bawling your eyes out lol. Considering Ufotable has been pretty faithful to the manga, I'm expecting the same for the movie. Like Sheep, can't wait to watch it!

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Sheep - If you're going to watch the movie, it's best to watch series 1 first though! The movie is more like a sequel!

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    I've yet to watch this, but from the little I've seen I do like the art style!! there are sooo many fans and I feel like I'm missing out by not at least watching the anime. The movie did really well in the Japanese box office apparently too (not surprised). It's def on my to-watch list, hopefully soon ;_;

It's just one of those series that reminds you why you got in to anime, and makes you fall in love with shounen all over again.

There are just some scenes that just hit so hard. I don't want to hype you too much before you watch, so I'm not going to say its absolutely perfect, it has its boring moments, but as a whole, the show is really solid.

and damn is it beautiful, and unlike a lot of shows now adays, I'd say it actually makes good use of its aesthetics, other than just being pretty for the sake of it.

Back