• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Maplestory / Maplestory 2

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I sold my soul to an MMORPG again

Did anyone play Maplestory back in the day? I was really into it with my friends grade 4-ish, and we went back to it for a few weeks/months during grade 11. Bit of a grind-fest, but it was lots of fun still. Maplestory 2 came out a while ago and I've been playing for a few days on the NA West server. Liking it a lot so far - has anyone else tried it or want to try it?

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    I played the OG maplestory back when there was only 4 classes and the leveling was worse than Pokemon.

I spent hours grinding on that game to make it to a measly level 30 something.

I dislike Nexon but maybe I will give this 2 a chance

Years
  • omg yes
    I actually played Maplestory actively up until last year, since I got exhausted of the constant rng of cubing gear for better potentials. That and the game crashed way too often given its old mess of a code... But here's my lv. 223 Bishop! Usually she wears heart gloves, but the ones I had were timed and they expired haha.
    oQF5A4m.png

Downloaded MS2 upon recommendation of some people in my FFXIV guild and it's been lots of fun. :> Will try to boot the Windows partition more to play! It doesn't seem pay2win right now at all and I can only hope it'll stay that way, but who knows with free-to-play MMOs. The game has an optional $5/month subscription system where you get experience and other small bonuses, so it'd be great if the crazy spenders can take advantage of that system to keep the game easy to play without spending for others haha.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Used to be huge into Maplestory about a year or so ago. It was actually Janna that got me into it! Unfortunately, it was both due to a lack of free time and also because Nexon (the company that owns Maple) kept essentially burying the game in the dirt that I found it pretty much no longer fun to play like I once did.

It once held true that grinding for mesos was just super boring but doable as long as you had an hour and a half to kill, but apparently Nexon has been permanently banning people for farming mesos which basically put me off the game ever since.

Still thinking about whether or not MS2 is ultimately worth it, though. If I'm going to get into MMOs again, I'm going to be in it until the endgame, at the very least. MS2 is still very early and I'm not sure if there's really a whole lot to do endgame, so I'm going to wait until that fleshes out a bit.

Back