• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Youtube Algorithm

Child Amnesiac

Ever changing
Years
  • Let's talk about the magical & mysterious Youtube algorithm.

I swear up and down that this thing is broken, it recommends videos no matter what you watch.
    Here's my big observation about it:
    It recommends trendy content to everyone no matter what (IE. when a big move or game comes out videos about that game or movie is pushed on everyone)
    I really don't like it.

Also, I have observed that sometimes just sometimes a completely unrelated video pops up into a sidebar of another video (You know who and what I'm talking about)

I swear this thing is busted beyond belief, so what are your observations/thoughts on the Youtube algorithm.

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2023
    I don't personally use YouTube, so I can't personally comment on the algorithm or its results.

I know that Linus from LTT has made a video discussing statistics, so that might be a good video to check out.

I think it's a well known thing that the YouTube algorithm is heavily skewed by Google itself. It's definitely not based on the user or their interests alone.

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2022
    Different platforms use different algorithms. I, too, have noticed that sometimes YouTube can recommend content I'm not interested in.

Back