• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Ruby Remake: Pokemon Hoen Hero's

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonface

Check out Elite version
Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    I changed it in the banners, is it possible to change the tread name?

fallkitten

I Believe in Sherlock Holmes!
    Years
  • How many pokemons from another regions will be in game?and what about national dex?

dragonface

Check out Elite version
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    How many pokemons from another regions will be in game?and what about national dex?
    Well all Pokemon from Jhoto and Kanto will be in the game. I am not sure if i want to put DP in yet. Maybe just 1-2 DP Pokemon will be in the game. The national dex is a problem that i am trying to fix. Because the script for a national dex is not just an event i can set. I think i have to set a flag. I am trying to figure out which one. I am not a script-er so this is hard for me. If anyone can show me how to activate it in Ruby version please tell me.

fallkitten

Years
  • and all of the Jhoto and Kanto pokemon will have new sprites?
    About D/P pokemon^I think it is bad idea .

dragonface

Check out Elite version
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    and all of the Jhoto and Kanto pokemon will have new sprites?
    About D/P pokemon^I think it is bad idea .
    Yes, Jhoto and Kanto Pokemon will have HGSS sprites.
    I agree with DP a bad idea. That's why i don't include them in my games.

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2011
    compliment....it's very very good hack^^....i love its tileset....and overworld

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • For all you Haters.... Check the main post, I made it so you can see original Ruby version next to Hoenn Hero's. I personally think the Hoen Hero Pics look more advanced.
    I don't want Negative comments please, unless its advise on how i can make it better.
    ~Thanks
    It's not negative, it's the truth. The fact is, you don't really give much of a reason why this will be better than Ruby. I have nothing against the hack, I just think there needs to be more innovation, that's all. Fact is, your the hater, I actually liked Ruby's graphics, saying their bad is pretty negative on your part. ALso, I would never play a game just for a cosmetic change, I need more, THAT'S why I bought Pearl and Platinum. That's why I bought Blue and Yellow. I know this hack has great potential, and I hope you finish it.

dragonface

Check out Elite version
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    It's not negative, it's the truth. The fact is, you don't really give much of a reason why this will be better than Ruby. I have nothing against the hack, I just think there needs to be more innovation, that's all. Fact is, your the hater, I actually liked Ruby's graphics, saying their bad is pretty negative on your part. ALso, I would never play a game just for a cosmetic change, I need more, THAT'S why I bought Pearl and Platinum. That's why I bought Blue and Yellow. I know this hack has great potential, and I hope you finish it.

Well this game is not to show off my hacking skills and have a new adventure, like diamond and pearl. Its just a fun game for people who want to play Ruby again, but different. Too some people the tiles are not exactly "better", but different. Its just spicing it up a bit to make it feel like you just playing the same game over and over. Also you can catch Pokemon from Jhoto and Kanto which is a big difference from Ruby. I am not talking about just geodude and sandshrew lol. I mean you can complete the national dex without trading.

fallkitten

Years
  • Nice*__*Charmander in HG/SS looks so cute bulbasaur too ...aww and squirtle^^!Good luck

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
    Years
  • This seems kinda pointless, becuase if you haven't noticed, Ruby version is already out...xD jk.

Well Overall, I like this, even though it does seem kinda pointless, if you can pull it off and make this even better that the original. But i doubt it, because the ruby scripts are engineered to have ruby in it, plus how will you produce the version specific specials?

dragonface

Check out Elite version
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    This seems kinda pointless, becuase if you haven't noticed, Ruby version is already out...xD jk.

Well Overall, I like this, even though it does seem kinda pointless, if you can pull it off and make this even better that the original. But i doubt it, because the ruby scripts are engineered to have ruby in it, plus how will you produce the version specific specials?

In fact, i am sorry if i have not mentioned this before, this is a hack of Ruby. The specials are all done. So are the scripts. I am just adding things to the game and improving things that where a little week way back when Gamefreek made this game. Personally I loved everything about Ruby when it came out. But after all these new games out, it makes Ruby look.. i don't no how to say this but.. week. This hack is not to show off hacking skillz. Its just a small little project for people who want to play Ruby again, but spiced up.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
    Years
  • I haven't actually even played ruby through myserf since I didn't like it that much.
    However I might try this out when it's done.

Btw I think you should include completely new areas to the game where it would be possible to catch mew/mewtwo or something like that - that would make it cool.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    I like your graphics. I don't like that your adding a new rival.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Would be great if mays sprites were updated...
    otherwise this be a very good hack ... :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2016
    Interesting...but some tips

Hi! I have heard you are hacking ruby to be ruby except with updated sprites and stuff but I have some tips for it so it can really be like a ruby remake for gba.
    1. Have heart gold and soul silver text in it.
    2.Try to replace everyones OWs with updated ones from heart gold or soul silver or diamond or pearl or platinum that fits in except gym leaders.

Those are my tips. You don't have to use those tips. It will make it more of a remake but its your deciseion.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back