• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Timeless Artifact

Capitalist Ness

can't stump the trump
Years
  • Pokémon Timeless Artifact
    QH71SPl.png

Introduction & general description of storyline
    Pokémon Timeless Artifact is a hack made on a Fire Red base. I decided that I am not going to aim for graphical/technical gimmicks in this project. The game itself will focus on storytelling(by no means it's gonna be like Gone Home, my hack actually has gameplay). The story's main themes are greed and corruption. Due to certain events, the player character gets an opportunity to form his own team with an eccentric newly met partner. He gladly takes it, which leads him to various situations of all sorts. The story's biggest conflict revolves around temptations given by endlessly expanding power and possibilities.

Features
    • Modernization(Dollsteak's patch, infinite TMs etc.)
    • 491 Pokémon available to capture
    • New music
    • Various hidden details and secrets
    • Choices that might slightly change your game experience
    Screenshots
    Spoiler:

Known issues
    • Player's sprite changes while running
    • Ugly pattern before the titlescreen appears(known issue with the method I used to insert the titlescreen)
    • A bunch of tile errors(there might be some I'm not aware of)
    • The world map still uses the vanilla player sprite
    • The player character's backsprite remains unchanged
    Credits
    Spoiler:

• SphericalIce - ASM, biggest help
    • Brzoz - helping me out in various tedious stuff
    • PMKK - few maps
    • Doesnt - help, some ASM
    • FBI - help, some ASM
    • Bela - help
    • VGMusic - music
    • MrDollsteak - decap and attack rombase, gen vi sprites
    • Chaos Rush - poke sprites
    • JPAN - rombase
    • ipatix - sound mixer
    • Alisa180 - all instrument patch
    • Josefig - honest advice regarding design and gameplay, grammar fix in the thread
    • Squeetz - music hacking help, samples and some music from his music patch
    15 minute demo gameplay video

Download
    Alpha 1.0(Dead link)
    Release date: 7th March, 2016
    Notes: ~15 minutes of gameplay. Think of this release as a sample. It took me 2 years of development to reach this stage and I just couldn't wait any longer to release the game. The game ends after the first trainer battle. The path is simply blocked with a movement permission. The patch is in a .ups format.

Alpha 2.0
    Release date: 4th May, 2019
    Notes: ~30 minutes of gameplay. This version was made soon after the first alpha, but I didn't release it because I wanted to make it longer. Unfortunately, the game started bugging out and with every fixed bug an another one would appear. The game ends soon after first gym. There are no roadblocks, this version ends in a location with a bunch of unscripted OWs. IMPORTANT: Save state before every major fight! There's a chance of a freeze during screen transition to battle. It happens with the first gym battle and the boss battle after the 1st gym.

Developer's IRC channel
    ayy lmao

Last edited:

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
    Years
  • Ayy, about time you posted this thread. It looks pretty decent too. The demo that's out is pretty good too, having just finished the whole demo I think the last one I played ended after the Mountain scenes. My only slight problem is that I feel like there needs to be more grass you actually have to walk through in after the Mountain scenes but right before the first town. Having grass mostly separated from routes is good, but I feel like there needs to be grass to walk through so it gives the player more of a reason to train more, especially before the first trainer battle. There, criticism of a very short demo you can't even really criticize right now. Happy?

Capitalist Ness

can't stump the trump
    Years
  • I am obliged to inform everyone of a very important change - the game now is a project that glorifies Donald Trump, hence the title change. Make America Great Again!

Capitalist Ness

can't stump the trump
    Years
  • I've released the second alpha. I've wanted to put more fixes before release, but I just gave up on it. I didn't want to bother with it since this hack won't be continued. I'm planning to start a whole new hack and I'd rather focus on that.
    It ends after a major battle soon after the first leader. There are no roadblocks, it ends with a location with unscripted OWs. I am aware of the bugs present in this release, and a lot of music is bad unpolished mess.

Even though the project is dropped, I'd love to read some feedback. Your opinions and criticism will be important for me to keep in mind in the future.

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2023
    Please continue this game!!! I know you're finding issues with bugs but the characters are up my alley. I love how you used Tears For Fears as opening song. You could make a whole 80's track on this. Lol I actually found your game challenging. Fighting wasp was surprisingly irritating. I also love the ability to taunt and change some dialog. The starter options are awesome too. Please don't ditch it. It could easily be my second favorite rom hack. (Only reason it wouldn't be my favorite is because Nameless starts off with my favorite Pokémon XD) but dude seriously, this was mega fun all things considering. It would mean the world to me if you finished it or released a longer version. Even the Pokémon selection is good.

Back