• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Clicking thread titles from main index brings confusion

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Maybe this is how you meant for it to be, but it's not really useful according to myself and at least one other user, haha.

When on the main index, clicking a thread title seems to take you to the last unread post? But apparently you might end up in the random middle of a thread you have never read before. What you probably really want when clicking the title of a thread, is to end up at the opening post.

When you're inside a section and click a thread title, this seems to work as we'd like though! I arrive at the start of the thread.

Since you can easily jump directly to the last post by clicking the date/icon for it from the index, or the excerpt from the section thread list, and since the only other place you usually want to end up really, is the start - unless I'm using the forums very differently from most people here - it would be nice if the main index thread titles would also just lead you to the start of the threads. :)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Acknowledged; this is, however, default behaviour.
    I still think this is un-intuitive and would like to discuss for it to change. If this truly is default internet behavior and many others here agree, I guess I am the one who has to change d:

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    You know I'd never realized there was a difference in behavior if you're on the main index vs in a section! In the past I usually had a tab for each section open, but these days I spend 100% of my time in "New » In Subscribed Forums".

I wonder what other people's habits are like…

(Also I'm an old-UI heretic but make much heavier use of the button that jumps to unread than the one that jumps me to the first post. I only really use "first post" in Games Showcase, ROM Hacks Studio, etc where the first post contains updates and download links, or if it has been a long time since I've read the thread)

Last edited:
    Back