• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A little advice, For little old me

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    So, I'm starting a manga with my friend, I'm writing, desinging the plot, drawing the Pokemon, and she's drawing the people.

So I'm having trouble with coming up with Pokemon for the characters, so this is what I have so far:

The main character has these: [FONT=&quot]Torkoal, Totodile, & Torterra

The love interest has these:
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Vulpix, Meditite, & Delcatty

The 'kid' has these:
    [FONT=&quot]Elekid, Grovyle, & Skarmory

The main rival has these: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Octillery, Ninetales, Machamp

& The villain has these:[/FONT]
    [/FONT]Ditto, Aerodactyl, & Abomasnow [FONT=&quot]

Now this is the problem, there Pokemon are filling up fine,, but what I'm looking for is type disadvantages, & how I could fill up there teams, thanks
    [/FONT]

Years
    • Age 37
    • Online now
    All that I did when making up the team for my OT and her partner was flip through a Pokedex and look at all the Pokemon that interested me. (I also looked at Pokemon that weren't terribly over-used in fanfiction.) Then I made sure that the main types were covered the best I could for each team.

So what you can do is just look at first the types of each Pokemon. Then you could also look at the move set of each Pokemon, to see if they could learn moves that would give them an advantage in battle against other types.

Of course, what could also help is looking to see what Pokemon fills what role that you need on the team and in the plot of the manga. That could help you as well.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Yeah thats a good point, one thing I'm worried about is location, someone from the city wouldn't have a Pokemon from the ocean. (Until they started traveling) Actually, the way I'm picking them, is by name.

Yeah, I know it's weird. There is a pattern there, I just don't remember it.

Back