• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issues with newly inserted Pokémon

RaulCortez

Maybe active...sometimes?
Years
  • Hi Guys!

I'm having issues with wild battles and Pokémon on the latest release of Essentials (I mention it because it may have changed from one version to another, or something like that):

I downloaded the Ultimate BW Pack from P-Sign, and replaced the default PBS files with the ones on the pack that come updated with the new Pokémon info, etc.

But that's when i started having issues - I replaced the files, then went to the editor and used "Compile Data" so that the system could find, read and add the new Pokémon, moves, etc. What happened first was that while it showed the number of the pokemon, i didn't showed the name. I tried adding one of these "nameless" pokemon as a normal Pokémon encounter, and it worked, now i can see the names of the pokémon, etc.

The issue now is with wild battles or adding Pokémon: everytime i have an encounter with a Gen 5 Pokémon, it shows this:

Exception: NoMethodError
    PokemonUtilities:1250:in `pbSeenForm'
    PokemonUtilities:1249:in `each'
    PokemonUtilities:1249:in `pbSeenForm'
    PokeBattle_Battle:487:in `pbSetSeen'
    PokeBattle_Battle:602:in `pbStartBattleCore'
    PokeBattle_Battle:513:in `pbStartBattle'
    PokemonField:830:in `pbWildBattle'
    PokemonField:829:in `pbSceneStandby'
    PokemonField:831:in `pbWildBattle'
    PokemonField:828:in `pbBattleAnimation'

And when i try to add them on the debug option -

Exception: NoMethodError
    PokemonUtilities:1250:in `pbSeenForm'
    PokemonUtilities:1249:in `each'
    PokemonUtilities:1249:in `pbSeenForm'
    PokemonUtilities:1221:in `pbAddPokemon'
    PokemonDebug:389:in `pbDebugMenu'
    PokemonDebug:285:in `loop'
    PokemonDebug:628:in `pbDebugMenu'
    PokemonPauseMenu:242:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
    PokemonPauseMenu:241:in `pbFadeOutIn'
    PokemonPauseMenu:241:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'

Any idea of what could this be? it doesn't happen with old Pokémon, those work fine. It's with the gen 5 Pokémon, even though it's the same file.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    So you replaced a PBS file and thought it'd be all right if you didn't start a new game?

Maybe in version 9, but that doesn't exist yet. It's still not recommended, though.

RaulCortez

Maybe active...sometimes?
    Years
  • So you replaced a PBS file and thought it'd be all right if you didn't start a new game?

Maybe in version 9, but that doesn't exist yet. It's still not recommended, though.

Hah! well, that was a silly issue! didn't knew you had to begin a whole new game whenever you made those type of changes, i thought you just had to compile the data so that the system could update the info, this never happened before.

Thanks Maruno!

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I found a very easy fix to this problem. I can't believe that someone didn't come with this.

In PokemonUtilities, after line 'if !$Trainer.formseen[species]' add '$Trainer.formseen[species]=[]'.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

Back