• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Featured: The Multi-Dimensional Seaside Resort (IC)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024

Welcome to the Multi-Dimensional Seaside Resort! This is basically a little IC hangout - a simple roleplay where you can bring any or all of your characters in to just chill and relax anytime. There are no sign-ups - you don't even need a character! Feel free to come in as yourself; this is not limited to regulars of RPT and we encourage anyone to hop in, so just have fun and let your imagination run wild.

This resort is "multi-dimensional" in that any of your characters from any of the "worlds" are welcome, even if it doesn't make canonical sense. What you do here does not affect ongoing RPs. Please only use characters you have created, and/or show up as yourself if you do not RP.

Rules are pretty lax here - basically don't kill anyone or make uncomfortable advances, but aside from that, do whatever you want and interact with the amenities of the resort however you like. Most importantly, have fun!

You may interact with and control the NPCs of these areas to a reasonable extent, ie. for the purposes of ordering food, renting a boat, etc. You do not need to wait for permission or for me to resume control of these characters to proceed with these minor interactions.

The main attraction of the resort. White sand and crystal blue waters stretch on endlessly, with gentle waves rolling in occasionally.

Located down by the beach, this quaint little father/daughter-run establishment serves cool beverages to quench your thirst, or quick bites to eat if you're feeling hungry.

The waitress is a young girl of about 10, who wears a little nameplate that reads "Jackie". Despite her age, she operates the front end of the cozy restaurant smoothly.

Her dad can be seen working away in the kitchen, and serving up orders at a fairly impressive speed given he is the sole chef. He wears a matching nameplate with "Ben" written on it.

The chalkboard sign hanging on the wall reads:

Menu

Grub

Shrimp Salad
Fish & Chips
Salmon Burger

Drinks

Soda
Lemonade
Iced Tea

Sweets

Banana Split
Fruit Cup
Popsicle

Inside the lodge itself, a concierge named Andrew greets you. He informs you that each room for rent is a spacious, ocean-view balcony suite that comes with two double beds and a television. The bathrooms also feature a Jacuzzi tub.

Adjacent to the lodge is a fancy-looking restaurant. The dining area is run by a rotation of part-time waiters and waitresses. A tidy little bar is in the corner, operated by a young woman named Anne. Occasionally, a live band will be playing on the stage as well.

The menu reads:

Menu

Appetizers

Clam Chowder
Calamari
Mixed Greens Salad

Main

Surf n' Turf (Lobster & Steak)
Pan-Fried Scallops
Seared Halibut

Desserts

Chocolate Lava Cake
Crème Brûlée
Strawberry Meringue Pie

Alcoholic drinks served on request, to those who are 19+ only.​

Attached to the other side of the lodge, a colourful little building with a spacious, fenced-in yard stands, where various Pokémon can be seen frolicking in the sun. Occasionally, the Pokémon are also brought down to the beach for some supervised playtime by the ocean.

A man named Calvin wearing a red apron informs you, "If you would like to spend some time exploring the amenities without your Pokémon, feel free to drop them off here - they can play with other Pokémon in our care!"

Just be wary, sometimes a little surprise might be waiting for you when you return to pick them up...

And lastly, a small shack can be spotted down where the beach finally ends. A doddery old man lives here; his name is unknown and he seems a little senile, but he will rent you one of his boats for a small fee.

From time to time, I'll unleash horrific throw in random events to add a bit of "plot", or just fun things to react to and take part in with your characters. Check back often to see what kind of shenanigans happen on this resort!

written by JUNO

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Okay, I almost forgot to do this, but here's my character from the homemade superhero RPG Association of Superheroes we used to play with my friends for almost 7 years. I'm currently trying to write down most of the events, so I think using this character could help me remember some details:

Spoiler:

And here's the post itself:
I've woken up in the new world again. This time, I'm not in the Talpica City. I'm on the beach. The sun is slowly rising from the ocean. I get up and check myself. My tuxedo has holes in it. I have only last few cards in my card shooters and I've lost my cylinder and mask back on that ship, which was... How long ago? I have honestly no idea.
"Karin, you hear me?" I asked my arm. Or the small computer attached to my arm to be precious. I wonder how it survived all this time.
"I can hear you, John." she answered.
"Can you tell me where we are?" I asked, kinda expecting the answer.
"According to my calculations, we're in the Talpica City."
"Well, I don't know about that." I said while looking around me. I!m on the huge empty beach.
"I'm picking heat signatures all around the place. You might as well explore this place."
I was already on my way down the beach, when Karin said that. I was telling Karin about the last world I've been on. That world was real dystopia. I became a hacker and joined the Resistance, but was killed when our hideout was raided by the government.
After a while, I noticed a Seashore House in the distance. I quickly made my way there, preparing for anything that could wait on me there. There was a bar with a kid behind it, mixing drinks. The whole place was deserted, except for that girl.
"Oh wow, a customer in the morning. What will it be, mister?" She said the moment she saw me.
I looked at her in confusion. She pointed at the chalkboard behind her.
"You look terrible! Did you try to fight the Sharpedo?" She adds with a smile, expanding my confusion.
"Oh, you're not from around, are you?" She puts the glass she was holding on the bar and says: "Welcome to the Multi-Dimensional Seaside Resort!"
"What is this again?" I asked.
"Multi-Dimensional Seaside Resort. Do you want to write it down?"
"No, I'm just confused."
"Okay, I think this will help. On the house." She starts mixing liquids from the various bottles from the bar and then hands me lime drink.
"What is this, girl?" I asked suspiciously.
"Just drink it. By the way, my name is Jackie."
"John." We shake hands.
"So, what region are you from? You look like an actor from Unova."
"Where's Unova? I'm from Earth."
"Earth?" I nod. "I have no idea where that is. Do you at least have Pok?mon? You don't know what Pok?mon are, right?" I shook my head. "Okay, this will be fun."

She explained to me not only what Pok?mon are, but also what I can find at this resort. She even showed me her Pok?mon. It was huge pelican. After that I told her about Earth, that people there live without Pok?mon and how I got here. I also showed her Karin and she called her Pok?dex. She mentioned, that Pok?mon professors sometimes come tho the resort and they could help me get back on my Earth. She also promised me to help me get a Pok?mon for myself if I would have to be here longer. But she has to wait for her dad to return.

And so we were chatting more...

Back