• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphic✓] Player pallet ASM routine?

Child Amnesiac

Ever changing
Years
  • Hi, I'm looking to see if there's an ASM routine for Fire Red that let's the game switch the player's pallet on the fly.

I want this routine because of a bug I found in my game where the player's sprite appears to glitch up whenever he fishes or uses an HM/Vs Seeker or presumably bikes. The pallet appears to be swapped with the pallet used for the main player sprite.

So is there a routine out there that can help me?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    The palette of the fly animation/surfing blob/exclamations/fishing animation is shared in vanilla Fire Red, I don't know of any routine that seperates them. So, when you replace the sprite (and palette) of the protagonist, you'll need to change those other sprites as well. You can find most of them with overworld manager, some others (like the surfing blob, fly animation) can be found in NSE 2.0 using these bookmarks: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApGVD9RKIE7tc8BC1NWfNv7R74I.

Child Amnesiac

Ever changing
    Years
  • The palette of the fly animation/surfing blob/exclamations/fishing animation is shared in vanilla Fire Red, I don't know of any routine that seperates them. So, when you replace the sprite (and palette) of the protagonist, you'll need to change those other sprites as well. You can find most of them with overworld manager, some others (like the surfing blob, fly animation) can be found in NSE 2.0 using these bookmarks: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApGVD9RKIE7tc8BC1NWfNv7R74I.

I did replace the player's sprite in OWM, but it glitches up in game. However it looks normal in OWM.

Years
    • Seen today
    Did you implement the Navenatox dynamic palette's patch? If you didn't, it's pretty hard to import a new palette for an overworld sprite.

Years
    • Seen today
    My advise would be to just use the same palette for all those overworld sprites (protagonist walking, cycling, fishing, etc.) just like in vanilla Fire Red. I can't really think of any reason why you would need to seperate them (the colors of your protagonist need to be in all those palettes anyway) .Do so by setting all palette ID's (of the protagonists) to 0x1100 and palette slots to 0x0 in OWM.
    OWM.png

Last edited:
    Back