• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: UNCONFIRMED: Pokémon Let's Go! Pikachu, Eevee next titles

Years
  • If these ultimately become an actual game, odds are we will get a season of the Anime in Kanto.

Except the problem is, how will it be executed? Ash had already won those Kanto Gym Badges, so maybe I guess reboot the series with a new protagonist? But then again, I could only see a reboot happening if Rica Matsumoto (Ash's Japanese VA) were to retire.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Except the problem is, how will it be executed? Ash had already won those Kanto Gym Badges, so maybe I guess reboot the series with a new protagonist? But then again, I could only see a reboot happening if Rica Matsumoto (Ash's Japanese VA) were to retire.

You do know that even though he already has the badges, it doesn't stop him from re-challenging the Gym's(like you can do in later generations of games). I mean in SM43 he had a battle with Misty(even if it was "unofficial") and during Season 1, Ash made "promises" to return. Wouldn't it be a change of pace for him to actually follow through on such promises like revisiting Pewter(battling Forrest), Cerulean(maybe more than just a 1v1 with Misty... heck he could battle her sister Daisy), Celadon(a fire kind of interrupted his battle with Erika), Saffron(Haunter and an unresolved Psychic showdown anyone?) and Fuchsia(is Janine leading it now?). Plus we have no freaking idea who the VIRIDIAN GYM LEADER is. Agatha was the hold-over until the new leader arrived so that alone is justification for doing it.

Also if you don't like the idea of Ash going through Kanto again, you could have him accompanying a Female protagonist(like Serena or "Leaf") in doing such a task themselves. Plus there's Pidgeot, Primeape and all these Generation 1 Pokemon Ash needs to reunite with(I'd love to see Butterfree again).

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • You do know that even though he already has the badges, it doesn't stop him from re-challenging the Gym's(like you can do in later generations of games). I mean in SM43 he had a battle with Misty(even if it was "unofficial") and during Season 1, Ash made "promises" to return. Wouldn't it be a change of pace for him to actually follow through on such promises like revisiting Pewter(battling Forrest), Cerulean(maybe more than just a 1v1 with Misty... heck he could battle her sister Daisy), Celadon(a fire kind of interrupted his battle with Erika), Saffron(Haunter and an unresolved Psychic showdown anyone?) and Fuchsia(is Janine leading it now?). Plus we have no freaking idea who the VIRIDIAN GYM LEADER is. Agatha was the hold-over until the new leader arrived so that alone is justification for doing it.

Also if you don't like the idea of Ash going through Kanto again, you could have him accompanying a Female protagonist(like Serena or "Leaf") in doing such a task themselves. Plus there's Pidgeot, Primeape and all these Generation 1 Pokemon Ash needs to reunite with(I'd love to see Butterfree again).

Not to mention that the Battle Frontier in the anime took place in Kanto during Advance. So if the new games have a new battle facility, we could see that come up. Though I like the idea of him re-challenging the Indigo League far more ^_^

Last edited:
    Back