• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gold hack: Santa is Missing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
  • So basically... there is a small hacking contest going on in PHO where you're supposed to make a short hack related to winter or Christmas theme, and I was also talked to participate in. So I did.

Name: Santa is Missing!
    Hack of: Gold

Name of the hack is probably familiar to some, but because everyone doesn't know, I "stole" it from "Mario is Missing!". But anyway, I wouldn't even want to spoil much of this hack since it's pretty short, but fun to play. In case you really want to know some background, read what's under this spoiler.

Spoiler:

And here are a few pictures of this short hack:

0u1r.png
    kh9i.png
    32pr.png
    mcyx.png
    x6kb.png

Current release
    • Around 50% done
    • 5-30 minutes of gameplay - yes, you can indeed finish the hack in 5 minutes, but rather than for playing, this release (and the whole hack) is about running into new things. After all, I mostly tend to focus on scripting, and planning what's going to happen (story + ideas).
    The hack isn't downloadable just yet.

It will be out in no time at all though. But the thing is that I won't upload the patch file until the hack is also downloadable in PHO (because of the contest thingy).
    If I have motivation to finish this, the full hack should come out soon as well. But can't say for sure about that.

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    the hack looks fun. Really do hope you can finish it. The story sounds like it'll be an enjoyable hack to play.

miksy91

Years
  • the hack looks fun. Really do hope you can finish it. The story sounds like it'll be an enjoyable hack to play.
    Shouldn't be much of a hassle to finish this hack, so for now, it looks like I will.
    It will be really short one indeed (around the same length as for example reaching the first gym leader in an official pokemon game or so... but there is totally a lot more it to than just walking forward and fighting trainers).

ScreenShots are great and i hope GBC players Love it :)
    Thanks. :)

CrimsonFlames

Bye-Beeeeeee!
    Years
  • Oh no where is Santa! :O
    Is he in Hawaii,Germany or in an unknown island?!
    I'm sooooo scared right now what if he did suicide?! :O
    Oh no... *dramatic music plays*

Those screenshots look great but I can't see some... (that's my comp... sooooo old)
    I can't wait to see more screenshots and play the game! :D
    I never played a GBC hack in a looooooong time.

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Wow ! this looks really interesting !! I love the concept of Santa going missing :P It's good to see a hack that ofeers something other than the traditional "Be the champion" thing

miksy91

Years
  • Oh no where is Santa! :O
    Is he in Hawaii,Germany or in an unknown island?!
    I'm sooooo scared right now what if he did suicide?! :O
    Oh no... *dramatic music plays*
    Who knows... what we know is that he has gone missing though!

Those screenshots look great but I can't see some... (that's my comp... sooooo old)
    I can't wait to see more screenshots and play the game! :D
    I never played a GBC hack in a looooooong time.
    Thanks. You should be able to see all of them just fine if you can see some though since they're hosted in the same place and shown with same "IMG" tags.

Wow ! this looks really interesting !! I love the concept of Santa going missing :P It's good to see a hack that ofeers something other than the traditional "Be the champion" thing
    Thanks! I like doing things that don't ground on something that people might assume. :)
    Both the storyline and gameplay are very different from "traditional game mods".

Ah! Haven't noticed this one yet. Finally a GBC hack. Good luck! :)
    Hope to hear more about this.
    Thanks! I guess I'll tell you more as well then, hahha. :D

So basically... this hack is my small contest entry in PHO and the contest was supposed to end by the end of December, but they decided to let it continue until the end of January. So I guess I'll try to finish the hack by the end of this month although I don't know if I have time for that or not because school and homework will continue soon as well.

I had decided to release a "half-game" demo, and I could even do it, but I think I'll rather let you guys wait till the beginning of February. By then, I have hopefully completed this hack and can release it here for everybody to be played as well.

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • So basically... this hack is my small contest entry in PHO and the contest was supposed to end by the end of December, but they decided to let it continue until the end of January. So I guess I'll try to finish the hack by the end of this month although I don't know if I have time for that or not because school and homework will continue soon as well.

I had decided to release a "half-game" demo, and I could even do it, but I think I'll rather let you guys wait till the beginning of February. By then, I have hopefully completed this hack and can release it here for everybody to be played as well.

Ah. That contest. Ikr, break is over. Well, a half-game demo is not so bad. But I hope there's at least
    a place you can get. Since this is a GBC hack, idc if the release is not final. So I'll be sure to try it! ^^

miksy91

Years
  • Ah. That contest. Ikr, break is over. Well, a half-game demo is not so bad. But I hope there's at least
    a place you can get. Since this is a GBC hack, idc if the release is not final. So I'll be sure to try it! ^^
    This hack is very small, so if I released the half-game demo, it would take around 10 minutes to beat since there aren't trainer battles out there. Filling them in, it would take a bit longer.
    The full game should last for an hour at 100% speed though.

You might as well try my DE if you haven't yet. In fact, I was first thinking of not participating in at all because I should spend the little time I spend to hacking, continuing DE (Dark Energy). That is a very good hack in many ways (even though I say so myself), but none is perfect of course :)

wildjr

Some Random Dude
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2018
    This looks like it'll be fun to play. So, what's the estimated time until it's done?

com3tiin

Soy chamber...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2024
    It looks interesting, besides that there seems to be a big hack porparte the influence of Matthew haha

While you work on this project?

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Don't post in threads that are over a month old, please. The Hacks Studio is excepted from this rule since hacks over there have releases, but not here. Thread closed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back