• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dynamax & Max Raid Battles [Essentials v18.1]

YashPokeFan123

#PokeFan
Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2023
    Basically everything I mentioned in my v18.1 update post is what the difference is between the 18.1 and 17.2 versions. If you're asking me what specific code was changed, then that would be too difficult to answer. Basically all of the code was changed. The two versions are almost nothing alike.

Huh? I dont get what you mean. If you're looking for Intimidate, you can find it in BattleHandlers_Abilities. The code for almost all abilities can be found there in v18. Intimidate is listed there, just look for
    Code:
    BattleHandlers::AbilityOnSwitchIn.add(:INTIMIDATE

Then How I will add my own ability.

Years
    • Seen today
    Then How I will add my own ability.

That's something you can ask in a different thread. This thread is only about Dynamax. With that said, you should be able to figure it out simply by looking at all the other existing abilities in that script section.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Well,now,once again,the similar bug happen.
    When you choose a pokemon to dynamax and decide a move,then press cancel when you choose next pokemon's move,the botton is unactived and the moves are maxmoves.

Years
    • Seen today
    Well,now,once again,the similar bug happen.
    When you choose a pokemon to dynamax and decide a move,then press cancel when you choose next pokemon's move,the botton is unactived and the moves are maxmoves.

Hmm...can you be more specific? I can't seem to replicate this.

What I'm doing:
    -3v1 battle.
    -Press Dynamax with Pokemon 1 and select a Max Move.
    -Choose a move with Pokemon 2.
    -Cancel during Pokemon 3's move selection, returning to Pokemon 2.
    -Cancel during Pokemon 2's move selection, returning to Pokemon 1.

When I tried this, Pokemon 1's moves are un-maxed and Dynamax is available. So I don't see the error you're encountering.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    -3v1 battle.
    -Choose "Battle" for Pokemon 2,but dont choose move.
    -Press cancel once(now the screen show"what should pokemon2 do?")
    -Press cancel again(now the screen show"what should pokemon1 do?")
    -Choose "Battle" for Pokemon 1 and Press Dynamax,now the move remain unmaxmoves.
    -Press Dynamax again to cancel,now the move are maxmoves.

Years
    • Seen today
    -3v1 battle.
    -Choose "Battle" for Pokemon 2,but dont choose move.
    -Press cancel once(now the screen show"what should pokemon2 do?")
    -Press cancel again(now the screen show"what should pokemon1 do?")
    -Choose "Battle" for Pokemon 1 and Press Dynamax,now the move remain unmaxmoves.
    -Press Dynamax again to cancel,now the move are maxmoves.

Ohh, I gotcha. Yeah, I see the issue. Very obvious oversight on my part. In the compatibility script, beneath both instances of "pbUnregisterDynamax(idxBattler)", paste this:
    Code:
    @battlers[idxBattler].effects[PBEffects::DButton] = false

The script will be updated with these changes in the link.

AskipLudo

The Masked Guy
    Years
  • Hello, I've tested a "default" raid so only the "pbMaxRaid" event and an error occured, It's maybe a compatibility issue with better AI so I will also post in the better AI thread:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen today
    Hello, I've tested a "default" raid so only the "pbMaxRaid" event and an error occured, It's maybe a compatibility issue with better AI so I will also post in the better AI thread:

Spoiler:

Is the Dynamax scripts installed below Better AI?

Years
    • Seen today

me to same bug

TBH I have no clue what the issue is. There's hardly any overlap between the scripts, so it's not an issue of one code overriding another. It seems like its more on his end though, because none of the relevant areas of the script that his code touches are areas that Dynamax code touches. So he changed something in the base script that is causing conflicts.

From what I can tell, I can narrow it down to two places:
    def pbChooseMoves(idxBattler) and def pbEnemyShouldMegaEvolve?(idxBattler)

If I remove those two chunks of code from his script, I no longer get errors. So my guess is that he modified something in one or both of these scripts that conflicts with the base script that my code is trying to read, but gets overwritten by his. That's the best I can do to help.

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2022
    Hello, my very cordial greetings, excuse me, I need a little help, it is that when I go to activate dynamax I get this error in my project (Pokemon maxifusion) and I can not solve it because I am very new to the script

---------------------------
    Pokemon Maxifusión
    [Pokémon Essentials version 18]

Exception: NoMethodError

Message: undefined method `isSpecies?' for #<PokeBattle_Battler:0x9f85498>

Backtrace:

Dynamax/Gigantamax Script:1855:in `pbMaxMove'

Dynamax/Gigantamax Script:1753:in `each'

Dynamax/Gigantamax Script:1753:in `pbMaxMove'

Battle Mechanic Compatibility:704:in `pbFightMenu'

Battle Mechanic Compatibility:569:in `loop'

Battle Mechanic Compatibility:729:in `pbFightMenu'

Battle Mechanic Compatibility:489:in `pbFightMenu'

Battle_Phase_Command:215:in `pbCommandPhaseLoop'

Battle_Phase_Command:206:in `loop'

Battle_Phase_Command:246:in `pbCommandPhaseLoop'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\Maria\Saved Games\Pokemon Maxifusi_\errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    Aceptar

Years
    • Seen today
    Hello, my very cordial greetings, excuse me, I need a little help, it is that when I go to activate dynamax I get this error in my project (Pokemon maxifusion) and I can not solve it because I am very new to the script

Pokemon Maxifusión
    [Pokémon Essentials version 18]

Exception: NoMethodError

Message: undefined method `isSpecies?' for #<PokeBattle_Battler:0x9f85498>

Backtrace:

Dynamax/Gigantamax Script:1855:in `pbMaxMove'

Dynamax/Gigantamax Script:1753:in `each'

Dynamax/Gigantamax Script:1753:in `pbMaxMove'

Battle Mechanic Compatibility:704:in `pbFightMenu'

Battle Mechanic Compatibility:569:in `loop'

Battle Mechanic Compatibility:729:in `pbFightMenu'

Battle Mechanic Compatibility:489:in `pbFightMenu'

Battle_Phase_Command:215:in `pbCommandPhaseLoop'

Battle_Phase_Command:206:in `loop'

Battle_Phase_Command:246:in `pbCommandPhaseLoop'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\Maria\Saved Games\Pokemon Maxifusi_\errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    Aceptar

Youre using Essentials v18. This is designed for Essentials 18.1, which introduced the "isSpecies?" method.

YashPokeFan123

#PokeFan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2023
    Update for Essentials v18.1
    Phew, finally. This Dynamax & Max Raid script is now compatible with Pokemon Essentials v18.1!
    In addition to general compatibility updates, I've gone through the script and polished up and improved upon it in a variety of ways and added in a slew of features that I always wanted to get to, but couldn't be bothered with before. I've massively reworked how many areas of the script work to take advantage of some of v18's new features, so as a consequence this will not be compatible with older versions of Essentials. However, I've kept all the original v17.2 scripts in tact, and stored them separately in the download link for those who are still using Essentials v17.

But please keep in mind, I will no longer be supporting v17.2 scripts. They will remain as they are, glitches and all. So do not ask for help with those older scripts, as I won't be looking at them again moving forward.

Because of the move from v17 to v18, some of the older scripts that I designed Dynamax to be compatible with (Z-Moves, Ultra Burst, etc) are no longer compatible, since those scripts have not been updated to work with v18 as of yet. However, I have left placeholders for future compatibility with those scripts when they are eventually ported to v18, so compatibility will hopefully be possible as long as they aren't dramatically different than their v17 counterparts. I've also tried to ensure that Dynamax is compatible with the Gen 8 project; and as of yet I haven't experienced any compatibility issues. This script assumes any Gen 8 content installed uses the same format as the Gen 8 project does (items, form numbers, etc), so keep that in mind.

Change Log:
    Spoiler:

Updated: Dynamax Visuals
    Spoiler:

Updated: NPC Dynamax
    Spoiler:

Updated: Max Raid Dens
    Spoiler:

New: Max Raid Database
    Spoiler:

Here are a few videos to show off some of the new changes:
    3v1 Legendary Raid vs. Mewtwo
    Max Raid Database Demo

* The main post has been updated for installation.

i tried this script and it works perfectly thank you Lucidious89 it works thank you

Back