• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music Hip-hop& Rap

kyuubi93

What a bother
Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2018
    I didn't see no hip hop discussion thread up in here so I figured why not!

So what kinda hip hop and rap you guys listen to? Who are your favorite artists, songs, and why? What are your favorite mixtapes/EP's/albums?

Don't forget to share some YouTube and SoundCloud links if you got any local artist homies that kill it on the mic or know any DOPE ARTISTS IN GENERAL! Especially if you messin with that independent& underground!

Years
  • The Beastie boys. From the golden age of Hip Hop. I have all their albums and I often enjoy listening to them from time to time. It was an unexpected blow to hear that Adam Yauch had passed away. Out of all the recent artists that have passed within the past decade, Adam's hit me the hardest. Rhymin' & Stealin' from Jesus I assume.

R.I.P MCA, you'll always be the most illingest illest MC to me.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Beastie Boys, Grand Master Flash and the Furious Five, Blue Scholars, DJ Melle Mel and Biggie for me.

kyuubi93

What a bother
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2018
    You guys should check out the artist NF. To call NF real would be an understatement. He has a very aggressive style and is very talented, with his music detailing around the events of his life and how he copes with it through music. NF is a very powerful artist to say the least, and lyrically he is a step above all the stuff that's going around right now. He's been climbing and blowing up over the last year, with nearly a million views on each of his videos in the last year. While there are other rappers who get that in a day, say, Machine Gun Kelly when he dropped his video for Young Man featuring Chief Keef, but NF is a very powerful artist and is on the rise, taking his music to new levels and keeping it real.

#NFREALMUSIC

For a song I'd suggest, I would recommend "Intro 2" of his sophomore album "Therapy Session", or "Mansion" of his debut album of the same name.

You have been blessed.

AleXShi1

Keep it real
    Years
  • Oh so there are hiphop fans that also like pokemon besides me!
    Im a fan of the golden age hiphop! Really not into today's mumble rap

Im a huge fan of Nas, Jay z, Pac, Biggie, Big L , Wu tang, OutKast, Rakim etc. They all simply be genius up in the mic.
    Favorite album has to be Ready to Die, followed by Illmatic and then The Chronic.

Here are some links for songs by some artists i DIDNT name above:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U76Nde6rMTw
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZSWeliCq4s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4UqMyldS7Q

Back