• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Adamant [V0.1.1]

AdamantSpartan

Dev of Pokémon Adamant
Years
  • Welcome to the Adamantine Region, although almost everyone just calls it Adam because the name is too long.

fZebeDu.png

A Note From Me:
    This is a project that has been on and off since 2016. With the quarantine stuff happening, I finally pushed myself to get what I consider to be the first build that has enough content to be worth it.
    It was quite the journey to get just the first part of this out.
    Trying new things. Failing at trying those new things.
    Getting a system going for this game's events. Up-heaving the aforementioned system entirely for a different one.
    And now, after about 2.5 months of solid effort, here is Version 0.1 of Pokémon Adamant. (Version 1.0+ will be the completed version)
    I hope you enjoy it.

Features:
    • Pokémon from Gen 1-7
    • A unique hat for the type you choose at the beginning
    • 3 Unconventional starters per type (for a total of 54)
    • 18 Gyms for all 18 types (Currently only 1 Gym in V0.1)
    • Gym order flexibility (meaning some gyms can be done in varying orders) (when V0.2 is released)
    • Visible EVs/IVs
    • Music from various games Edited/Midi-swapped with the Black & White Soundfont
    • NPCs that have their own minor stories/journeys as you progress on your own journey, also literally everyone has a unique name (Inspired by The Legend of Heroes series)
    • Day/Night system where you simply change the time by resting at a Poké Center. (With unique encounters that depend on which time of day it is)
    • "Balanced Mode" which restricts the player's max level and prevents item use in Pokémon League battles by the player and their opponent
    • Fight against multiple (and sometimes single) opponents who can use up to 12 Pokémon in a single battle

Current Length:
    • On Balanced Mode, beating every trainer and beating the 1st Gym took ~4 hours for me. (I could use more completed times to average this time if you would like to send me them.)

Planned Content for V0.2: (I doubt the next part will take another 4 years)
    • Add Gen 8 Pokémon/Moves/Abilities
    • Gyms 2-4 (Can reach level 35 on Balanced Mode)
    • Development for characters aka Story

Story (Spoils mostly everything from the game's intro segment):
    Spoiler:

The Region's History:
    Spoiler:

Previews:
    Spoiler:

Characters
    Spoiler:

Links:
    Game Download (Word of warning: The upgrade to Pokemon Essentials V19 messed up the moves for Pokemon, so when Pokemon Adamant V0.2 is released it would be best to start a new game): Google Drive Version 0.1.1
    Update Log: Google Doc

Move & Evolution Changes: Google Doc
    Encounter List: Google Doc
    Guide/Walkthrough: Google Doc
    Known Bugs: GoogleDoc This list is incomplete. You can help by expanding it.

Discord: Link (You can contact me very easily about problems, bugs, etc. in here)

Credits:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Man! I'm like 20 minutes into this game, and gotta say, love the start, and the VERY unique way to obtain your starter! Keep it up, mate! Good job!

Zanark494

MERN Stack Dev
    Years
  • So a funny thing, i joined this community like yesterday in order to share the fan game i've been working on for like last 2.5 months (as u said, boredom from quarantine can lead to alot of stuff XD). I was hoping to introduce my game in like a day or two and then i saw this post.
    And after reading this, I FEEL LIKE OUR GAMES ARE SOO MUCH SIMILAR LOL. It looks and sounds pretty good, i'll give it a play to see if our story and other things are similar as well lmao.
    Good luck for future work mate!
    Cheers!

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Croagunk ,which is one of my favorite is a starter , neat :D

Did the starters got buffed / debuffed to have the same BS ?

yugoslavfub

Torchic is Number One Chicken
    Years
  • I'm currently having a bug. Right now trying to stop the grunts that broke into the professor's lab and after entering the forest, the character sprite is acting wonky and cannot enter buildings and is running all over the map in places that they shouldn't be able to.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Can you please update starter's movepool or just buff some moves?

Because Poison Sting and Astonish suck.

AdamantSpartan

Dev of Pokémon Adamant
    Years
  • I'm currently having a bug. Right now trying to stop the grunts that broke into the professor's lab and after entering the forest, the character sprite is acting wonky and cannot enter buildings and is running all over the map in places that they shouldn't be able to.

Think you can send me the save file? (The Game.rxdata file)
    It should be located here:C:\Users\<your username>\Saved Games\Pokemon Adamant

Hopefully I can find what's causing the bug.

Last edited:

yugoslavfub

Torchic is Number One Chicken
    Years
  • Think you can send me the save file? (The Game.rxdata file)
    It should be located here:C:\Users\<your username>\Saved Games\Pokemon Adamant

Hopefully I can find what's causing the bug.

This is what I got. But not sure what's up. So, I ended up restarting but it didn't happen again second time around.

[Pokémon Essentials version 17.2]
    Exception: NoMethodError
    PokeBattle_MoveEffects:5722:in `pbEffect'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3180:in `pbUseMove'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3179:in `logonerr'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3179:in `pbUseMove'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3412:in `pbProcessTurn'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3411:in `logonerr'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3411:in `pbProcessTurn'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2914:in `pbAttackPhase'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2911:in `each'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2911:in `pbAttackPhase'