• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCraft - A four-day Minecraft extravaganza

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
Years
  • Greetingssssss...

242ybmh.png

Welcome to the
    PokéCommunity Get-together #8
    Minecraft event!

Prepare yourself for four days of block-smashing, Creeper-hunting fun in The PokéCommunity's first ever Minecraft event! All weekend long, vie for riches and supremacy with the official Minecraft currency of... gunpowder. You'll have to get down 'n dirty with the mobs if you want to walk away victorious.

› Mine... wha?
    ————————————————————

Minecraft is a sandbox game. It allows you to build and craft many objects, including fortresses, monster traps, weapons and armor, and more. You can buy Minecraft for US$15 from the official site.

› Cool. So what's the objective of this game?
    ————————————————————

The objective of Minecraft is very simple: DON'T DIE. Well, that's for most people.

Here, the rules are a little different. Your task is to collect as much gunpowder as possible. There are a few different ways to collect gunpowder, some of them harder than others... what is the best way? You'll have to figure that out for yourself. I can't help you. ^_^

› How will you be able to tell who has the most gunpowder?
    ————————————————————

It's simple. When you first spawn into the server, there is a unique structure there which cannot be destroyed. You take a screenshot, with the structure visible to prove it's our server, and your name visible to prove it's you.

Stand beside the structure, so that it is clearly visible on your screen. Then write your name into chat (press T to talk), bring up your inventory (press E) and take a screenshot. You can either use a program, which will have its own defined hotkey, or you can press Print Screen, and then paste the results into Paint and save.

Screenshots must be posted in this thread by Friday the 18th, at 8pm AEST. Click the link to see what time that is around the world.

I recommend Fraps for taking screenshots.

› Sounds awesome, but what do I get for winning?
    ————————————————————

The person (or people, in case of tie) with the most gunpowder at the end of the four days will receive $5 of PC supporter credit. That means you will move up one tier of PC supporter status.

› Ooh! I'm keen. What are the rules?
    ————————————————————

You mean the server rules? This is the wild west baby, there ain't no stinkin' rules. Griefing is absolutely fine, killing people for their gunpowder is fine, etc. Forge alliances, built TNT traps, destroy people's bases, it's all a-OK. :)

On a serious note, there are rules about etiquette on the server.

No personal abuse for any reason. Riling the opposition up is fine, but no attacks.

Don't try to disrupt the server by spamming chat, making huge redstone structures etc. You will be banned.

Follow the PC rules, obviously. Except for the 25-character rule, you can break that in-game. :P

Most importantly, have fun! Don't take it too seriously.

› We we we so excited! How do I play?
    ————————————————————

Copy-paste, or type, this address into Minecraft to connect.

minecraft.pokecommunity.com:7559

Big thank you to Steve for the subdomain! :)​

Don't forget to let everyone know in-game what your PC name is. Can't wait to see you there!

Love,
    Spectrum

xoxoxoxo​

Amew

Red Mage
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2011
    Awesome! I'm gonna get right to this. Later.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • I am up for this :D Just found my self a nice creeper pit, so lets see how this works out :D So, good luck everyone! I can't wait to see how you all do - I'm not going to get that much I'm sure xD

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
  • Meant to join yesterday, but my copies of Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Tales of Vesperia arrived in the mail and I totally forgot :P

I'll probably be joining in later on today.

I do have one question, though (that probably won't get answered before I get on):
    Is there anything up at spawn, like a town or something?
    It's cool if there isn't, I just don't want to join and immediately die right when I spawn :P

institutions

Years
  • Cool :D

Do we have any commands available to everyone?
    On the other server i'm a member of there are a few I use quite often (/spawn, /sethome, and /home)

Circuit

Years
  • I'm joining. This aught to be fun. Just to confirm, we're gathering gunpowder yes? And any way we can, right?

Circuit

Years
  • No, that would be unfair x) Besides, is it even possible to hack a multiplayer sever? And the reason I joined was for the fun of the challenge, so I shall be doing it fairly :)

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
  • Yes, you need a beta account to play, if that's what you mean.

Reminder: You have 24 hours from this post to submit your screenshots!

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
    Years
  • Spoiler:

I am so SIIIICK of hunting creepers but here is the end result :> I couldn't get the chat and my inventory to open at the same time so I just hot barred all the gun powder.

/sick of minecraft now, going to go play a different game XD

institutions

Years
  • Whoops.
    Logged off and totally forgot about this x.x
    Instead I played 13 hours of Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood today.

I was building a grinder, too. I wanted to win. Not for the PC subscription, but for the... prestige? I think that's the word. :P

Back