The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon: Play Together Challenges
Trainer Personality Examination (Reborn)

Challenges Play your Pokémon games in fresh new ways: anything from The Monotype Challenge to the popular Nuzlocke.

Closed Thread

Old September 30th, 2017 (11:15 AM).

Nature: Brave
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Janp View Post
    I'm glad you like it It should be okay to have more Pokemon in party but only use 3 of them in battle.

My idea with Delibird was that it comes later in the game, so you should have enough TM/HM to teach it and because of other Pokemon and rules, you don't even have to use it. And yes, older attacks we meant as gen 1, 2 and 3
    Cool cool, gen 3 was one of my favorites along with gen 2. They released one of my favorite moves sheer cold 👀. Love it because at absolute zero nothing exist, since the wave function would collapse. It fits the ohko meaning fine.

And ahh okay, wanted to ask because I didn't want to not use delibird and not tell you since you made the team. Any other ice type that would fit this theme you think? If not I'll use delibird

Relevant Advertising!

Old October 5th, 2017 (6:23 PM).

Nature: Timid
      I lost my previous save file, so I need to start again. Thanks to whoever creates my profile

USERNAME: cc_aussie
      WHICH GAME: Diamond

Please only Pokemon available in Diamond, Pearl, Platinum

Spoiler:

a) Favourite color: Green

b) Select one of the following which best describes you: Brains

c) Favourite animal: Red Fox

d) Where would you rather be?: Forest

e) Favourite food: Fruit

f) Do you see yourself as more masculine or feminine than others of your gender? If yes, then which one? On the fence between both

g) Which one are you most like? Good or Evil I'd like to think I'm good

h) Would you rather be slender or muscular? Slender

i) Which do you prefer?: Reptiles/Amphibians

j) List top three favourite Pokemon types in order of preference: Ice, Poison, Dark

k) What Pokemon do you hate? N/A

l) What profession do you aspire to be most? Veterinarian/Biochemist

m) Do you rather dress with a variety of colour or in earth tones? Variety of colours

n) Name a person that inspires you: My Chem teacher

o) What is your favourite music? All kinds

p) What is your favourite non-religious holiday? Halloween

q) What is your zodiac sign? Leo

r) Where in the world would you love to travel to? US

s) Would you rather be smart and unattractive or attractive and unintelligent? Smart and unattractive

t) What colour do you loathe? Brown/Olive green

u) On a scale of 1-10, how confident are you? 7

v) Favourite type of subject: Chemistry

w) Name one talent of yours: Debating

x) Describe yourself with three adjectives: Opinionated, headstrong, smart

y) Which Pokemon trainer from anime/games do you identify with most? Dawn

z) What type of Pokemon do you loathe? Early game rodents
      Old November 4th, 2017 (4:20 PM). Edited November 4th, 2017 by Absol Thunder.
      Shiny Hunter

Nature: Lonely
        Let's do this!!

Username: Yuko
        Game: Y

Spoiler:

A) Purple
        B) Brains
        C) Turtle
        D) Forest
        E) Fried chicken
        F) More feminine
        G) Good
        H) Slender
        I) Reptiles/Amphibians
        J) Dark, Dragon, Ghost
        K) Aegislash, Greninja
        L) Programmer
        M) Earth tones
        N) Sia Furler
        O) K-pop
        P) Valentine's Day
        Q) Uh...I think Capricorn? (Jan. 5)
        R) South Korea
        S) Smart and unattractive
        T) Orange
        U) 1
        V) Literature or Math
        W) Singing
        X) Serious, Determined, Curious
        Y) Wally
        Z) Bug
        Old November 7th, 2017 (6:04 PM).
        zkauffman

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Absol Thunder View Post
          Let's do this!!

Username: Yuko
          Game: Y

Spoiler:

A) Purple
          B) Brains
          C) Turtle
          D) Forest
          E) Fried chicken
          F) More feminine
          G) Good
          H) Slender
          I) Reptiles/Amphibians
          J) Dark, Dragon, Ghost
          K) Aegislash, Greninja
          L) Programmer
          M) Earth tones
          N) Sia Furler
          O) K-pop
          P) Valentine's Day
          Q) Uh...I think Capricorn? (Jan. 5)
          R) South Korea
          S) Smart and unattractive
          T) Orange
          U) 1
          V) Literature or Math
          W) Singing
          X) Serious, Determined, Curious
          Y) Wally
          Z) Bug
          Here you go! I hope you enjoy your run! I had a lot of fun doing this!

Spoiler:

Trainer Class: Detective - Your sharp intelligence, combined with your determined, serious nature, has led you to become one of the finest detectives in all of Kalos.

Pokemon Team:
          • Gardevoir - Brains, More Feminine, Wally, Bugs - I chose Ralts as your "starter" because Ralts is emotionally sensitive to the feelings of those around it, leading it to be a popular Pokemon among detectives in terms of field work and questioning witnesses and possible suspects. The only catch to your Gardevoir is that it absolutely terrified of bugs, so it can't battle them whatsoever.
          • Pangoro - Dark, Earth Tones, Forest - I chose Pancham as your next Pokemon due to it's availability in-game as well as the fact that it's a powerful, hulking Pokemon once it's evolved, making Pangoro the perfect muscle for your team. The only downside is that Pangoro exclusively knows physical Dark and Fighting type moves, with the exception of HM04 Strength.
          • Sableye - Purple, Ghost, Dark, Slender, Curious - I chose Sableye as the final member of your party, primarily due to availability and the fact that Sableye's light, agile build make it's the perfect Pokemon for quietly infiltrating places you need access to or for pick pocketing small objects. Speaking of pick pocketing, every time you switch into Sableye in battle, you must discard one item from your inventory to symbolize the sneaky, curious nature of your Sableye. (This does not apply if you lead with Sableye in battle.)

Trainer Mission/Goal: The latest assignment has fallen into your lap; investigating the appearance of Team Flare, a group of villainous thugs who have been stirring up trouble for Kalos' citizens and Pokemon alike, and making sure their leader is discovered, arrested, and that any semblance of Team Flare is wiped out. The twist here is that Diantha, along with the E4, was working alongside Lysandre this whole time in an attempt to throw everyone off as a last resort, in case Lysandre's plan was to fail for whatever reason. Your true final battle with Team Flare will be at the Pokemon League, where Diantha is once again attempting to destroy all of Kalos.

Your actual mission/goal is to record a small summary of your case across Kalos and to try and make it as entertaining as possible. (How did you find out it was Lysandre behind Team Flare? What were some of the clues and tip offs throughout the journey? When did you first discover that Diantha was with Team Flare? Did you find out in the nick of time or did you know well before challenging the E4? Etc..)
          Old November 7th, 2017 (8:49 PM).
          Shiny Hunter

Nature: Lonely
            So I'd received a notification that someone gave me my rules. Came to check but there's nothing :/
            Old November 7th, 2017 (11:58 PM). Edited November 7th, 2017 by Janp.
            Jet Badge

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Absol Thunder View Post
            So I'd received a notification that someone gave me my rules. Came to check but there's nothing :/
            For some reason, his post disappeared, but I can still quote it:

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Red Mage Coffman View Post
            Here you go! I hope you enjoy your run! I had a lot of fun doing this!

Spoiler:

Trainer Class: Detective - Your sharp intelligence, combined with your determined, serious nature, has led you to become one of the finest detectives in all of Kalos.

Pokemon Team:
            • Gardevoir - Brains, More Feminine, Wally, Bugs - I chose Ralts as your "starter" because Ralts is emotionally sensitive to the feelings of those around it, leading it to be a popular Pokemon among detectives in terms of field work and questioning witnesses and possible suspects. The only catch to your Gardevoir is that it absolutely terrified of bugs, so it can't battle them whatsoever.
            • Pangoro - Dark, Earth Tones, Forest - I chose Pancham as your next Pokemon due to it's availability in-game as well as the fact that it's a powerful, hulking Pokemon once it's evolved, making Pangoro the perfect muscle for your team. The only downside is that Pangoro exclusively knows physical Dark and Fighting type moves, with the exception of HM04 Strength.
            • Sableye - Purple, Ghost, Dark, Slender, Curious - I chose Sableye as the final member of your party, primarily due to availability and the fact that Sableye's light, agile build make it's the perfect Pokemon for quietly infiltrating places you need access to or for pick pocketing small objects. Speaking of pick pocketing, every time you switch into Sableye in battle, you must discard one item from your inventory to symbolize the sneaky, curious nature of your Sableye. (This does not apply if you lead with Sableye in battle.)

Trainer Mission/Goal: The latest assignment has fallen into your lap; investigating the appearance of Team Flare, a group of villainous thugs who have been stirring up trouble for Kalos' citizens and Pokemon alike, and making sure their leader is discovered, arrested, and that any semblance of Team Flare is wiped out. The twist here is that Diantha, along with the E4, was working alongside Lysandre this whole time in an attempt to throw everyone off as a last resort, in case Lysandre's plan was to fail for whatever reason. Your true final battle with Team Flare will be at the Pokemon League, where Diantha is once again attempting to destroy all of Kalos.

Your actual mission/goal is to record a small summary of your case across Kalos and to try and make it as entertaining as possible. (How did you find out it was Lysandre behind Team Flare? What were some of the clues and tip offs throughout the journey? When did you first discover that Diantha was with Team Flare? Did you find out in the nick of time or did you know well before challenging the E4? Etc..)
            EDIT: It's visible again.

"Yearning makes you look up at the sky. To fly, go beyond yearning and take action!"
            Challenges! || Monthly-Mini Challenge
            Trainer Tournament
            Old November 8th, 2017 (5:14 PM).

Quote:
              Originally Posted by cc_aussie View Post
              I lost my previous save file, so I need to start again. Thanks to whoever creates my profile

USERNAME: cc_aussie
              WHICH GAME: Diamond

Please only Pokemon available in Diamond, Pearl, Platinum

Spoiler:

a) Favourite color: Green

b) Select one of the following which best describes you: Brains

c) Favourite animal: Red Fox

d) Where would you rather be?: Forest

e) Favourite food: Fruit

f) Do you see yourself as more masculine or feminine than others of your gender? If yes, then which one? On the fence between both

g) Which one are you most like? Good or Evil I'd like to think I'm good

h) Would you rather be slender or muscular? Slender

i) Which do you prefer?: Reptiles/Amphibians

j) List top three favourite Pokemon types in order of preference: Ice, Poison, Dark

k) What Pokemon do you hate? N/A

l) What profession do you aspire to be most? Veterinarian/Biochemist

m) Do you rather dress with a variety of colour or in earth tones? Variety of colours

n) Name a person that inspires you: My Chem teacher

o) What is your favourite music? All kinds

p) What is your favourite non-religious holiday? Halloween

q) What is your zodiac sign? Leo

r) Where in the world would you love to travel to? US

s) Would you rather be smart and unattractive or attractive and unintelligent? Smart and unattractive

t) What colour do you loathe? Brown/Olive green

u) On a scale of 1-10, how confident are you? 7

v) Favourite type of subject: Chemistry

w) Name one talent of yours: Debating

x) Describe yourself with three adjectives: Opinionated, headstrong, smart

y) Which Pokemon trainer from anime/games do you identify with most? Dawn

z) What type of Pokemon do you loathe? Early game rodents
              just a heads up that i'm still waiting for mine
              Old November 9th, 2017 (3:47 PM).
              zkauffman

Quote:
                Originally Posted by cc_aussie View Post
                just a heads up that i'm still waiting for mine
                Hey, I'll get you too! If you don't like the Trainer Class/Goal, please let me know and I'll try to revise it to something more fitting for you!

Spoiler:

Trainer Class: Contest Coordinator

Team:
                • Luxray - Leo, Opinionated, Headstrong - I chose Luxray for some obvious reasons, mainly because Luxray feels like a very Leo-esque Pokemon and I've always perceived the Luxray family as headstrong/opinionated due to Rivalry/Intimidate as their abilities. Speaking of, your Luxray is headstrong in spades and is always the first one of your Pokemon to leap into battle. As a result, you must ALWAYS lead with Luxray, regardless of the battle. I realize this will be difficult, but I couldn't think of a more fitting rule for a Pokemon like Luxray. I hope you at least get Intimidate Luxray!
                • Roserade - Green, Slender, Forest, Poison - As soon as I read green I knew I was going to give you Roserade, but Slender, Forest and Poison sold it even further for me. I love this Pokemon so much. The only quirk to your Roserade is that you have to catch it as a Budew at the first opportunity you can and evolve it from there. Gonna make you work for that Roserade!
                • Rapidash - Brains, Smart, Variety of Colors, Dawn, Rodents - I won't lie to you, I mainly picked Rapidash because I kept referring back to your list over and over again and seeing Brains and Smarts so many times reminded me of the Pokemon Fan Club's President back in Gen 1 and how much he loved his Rapidash and gloated about it's beauty and intelligence. I also picked it because Platinum, Dawn's Pokemon Adventure counterpart, has a Rapidash. The only catch is that your Rapidash is so nervous and skittish around any sort of Rodent type of Pokemon that it refuses to battle against them.

Trainer Mission/Goal - Simple. Your goal is to conquer the Pokemon Contests! What does this entail, exactly?

Your three Pokemon, Luxray, Roserade, and Rapidash, must compete and earn Master Rank in at least one of the five categories each available from Coolness, Beauty, Cuteness, Cleverness or Toughness.

The catch is that you have to record the events of each Master Rank contest your Pokemon take place in and retell them in a more dramatic, story based fashion. Don't be afraid to get creative on telling me how the contest took place from your trainers perspective! Was it a close call? An idea you brilliantly crafted at the last minute? Or perhaps your Pokemon performed excellently the whole time, not breaking a sweat thanks to your stellar coordination? Contests are some of my favorite parts of the anime, so don't let me down here!
                Old November 10th, 2017 (2:44 AM). Edited November 12th, 2017 by cc_aussie.

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Red Mage Coffman View Post
                  Hey, I'll get you too! If you don't like the Trainer Class/Goal, please let me know and I'll try to revise it to something more fitting for you!

Spoiler:

Trainer Class: Contest Coordinator

Team:
                  • Luxray - Leo, Opinionated, Headstrong - I chose Luxray for some obvious reasons, mainly because Luxray feels like a very Leo-esque Pokemon and I've always perceived the Luxray family as headstrong/opinionated due to Rivalry/Intimidate as their abilities. Speaking of, your Luxray is headstrong in spades and is always the first one of your Pokemon to leap into battle. As a result, you must ALWAYS lead with Luxray, regardless of the battle. I realize this will be difficult, but I couldn't think of a more fitting rule for a Pokemon like Luxray. I hope you at least get Intimidate Luxray!
                  • Roserade - Green, Slender, Forest, Poison - As soon as I read green I knew I was going to give you Roserade, but Slender, Forest and Poison sold it even further for me. I love this Pokemon so much. The only quirk to your Roserade is that you have to catch it as a Budew at the first opportunity you can and evolve it from there. Gonna make you work for that Roserade!
                  • Rapidash - Brains, Smart, Variety of Colors, Dawn, Rodents - I won't lie to you, I mainly picked Rapidash because I kept referring back to your list over and over again and seeing Brains and Smarts so many times reminded me of the Pokemon Fan Club's President back in Gen 1 and how much he loved his Rapidash and gloated about it's beauty and intelligence. I also picked it because Platinum, Dawn's Pokemon Adventure counterpart, has a Rapidash. The only catch is that your Rapidash is so nervous and skittish around any sort of Rodent type of Pokemon that it refuses to battle against them.

Trainer Mission/Goal - Simple. Your goal is to conquer the Pokemon Contests! What does this entail, exactly?

Your three Pokemon, Luxray, Roserade, and Rapidash, must compete and earn Master Rank in at least one of the five categories each available from Coolness, Beauty, Cuteness, Cleverness or Toughness.

The catch is that you have to record the events of each Master Rank contest your Pokemon take place in and retell them in a more dramatic, story based fashion. Don't be afraid to get creative on telling me how the contest took place from your trainers perspective! Was it a close call? An idea you brilliantly crafted at the last minute? Or perhaps your Pokemon performed excellently the whole time, not breaking a sweat thanks to your stellar coordination? Contests are some of my favorite parts of the anime, so don't let me down here!
                  Challenge Accepted!!! I love all three Pokemon and the contests as well. Thank you
                  Will post first update tomorrow.

EDIT: It seems my Diamond cartridge is stuffed up since I lost my other save file (that I was using to complete this challenge previously) and it won't let me save a file any more. Is it alright if you prescribe me a new team for X instead. Thanks in advance
                  Old November 21st, 2017 (4:36 PM).
                  Mukposter by day, Post Ninja by night...

Nature: Jolly
                    since this thread is a dead thread, (a dread) yarn has a question, can you do the challenge again?
                    Old November 22nd, 2017 (1:26 AM).
                    Jet Badge

I answered similar question on my profile, so here's it is :)

Quote:
                    Hi, I know there are people that are waiting for their teams, but I have currently no time to make their teams. I still hope there will be someone who will make them, but the thread itself got pretty messy. With that in mind, I think it's good idea to revive it :)

"Yearning makes you look up at the sky. To fly, go beyond yearning and take action!"
                    Trainer Tournament
                    Old November 22nd, 2017 (10:02 AM).
                    Jet Badge

New thread was made :) If you want to start new adventure or continue the one you started here, don't forget to check new thread out.

Trainer Tournament
                    Closed Thread

Quick Reply