• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Professional Wrestling Thread

Years
Personally, I think Dustin needs a lengthy main-event championship run before he finally decides to hang up his boots. He's been extremely loyal to the company (he has never jumped ship to TNA or any other wrestling promotions), he's been around with WWE for a very long time, and he has spent a lot of time and energy to put over a bunch of young up-and-coming talents.
While he hasn't jumped ship per se, he's surprisingly spent more time outside of the WWE in the last 10 years than in it (including two seperate runs in TNA, one of which most people would like to forget).

I think he's in the same category as William Regal is to me- guys I would've like to seen have a run at the top (in Goldust's case, as ECW Champion back in late 2009), but I think they're ship has sailed. Still, his recent match on Raw shows that he still has the talent in the ring, so I wouldn't mind seeing him stick around until Wrestlemania or so, possibly even taking the Tag Team Titles off The Shield with his brother before entering a feud with him.

And I have to agree that Cody's basically ready to be a main eventer at this point. In my opinion he's one of the more popular people on the roster right now, and they've been making a big deal over the fact that he was 'fired' a few weeks ago, so it's only a matter of time before he's at the next level (hopefully he won't suffer the fate of guys like The Miz or Dolph Ziggler, though).

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
They've given Christian and Mark Henry a run at the top before, and they're only two to three years younger Goldust. If they've gotten their hands on the championship once, so should he. Regal is older than all of these guys though, so I can see why they wouldn't want to give him the belt. William Regal already had his chance in 2008, but unfortunately, it all went away when he failed his drug test.

I've been wanting Cody to win the big gold ever since Money in the Bank. He hasn't won the briefcase, but he's been able to put on a great show with the help of Damien. Cody will definitely reach the main event status pretty soon, I'm sure. d: Along with Cody, I would also like to see Drew McIntyre rise higher on the ladder. He doesn't necessarily have to be a main eventer, but they could always make him an upper-midcarder like Christian, The Miz, and Rey Mysterio.

Years
Just curious, but I can't be the only one that doesn't care about Battleground this Sunday, right? It's only been three weeks since we've had Night of Champions, and there hasn't really been much of a build to this PPV, other than the World title matches and Punk/Ryback.

Personally, I don't order the PPVs outside of Wrestlemania anyway, but I can't imagine that the buyrates will be that high, especially with Hell in a Cell coming up in 3 weeks time as well. It seems like they just wanted to squeeze an extra event in between the two to make some more money, but I won't feel bad if Battleground goes the way of Breaking Point or Capitol Punishment as a one-off PPV.

Years
^ I do and I don't. Punk/Ryback will be alright, because of the story that Punk/Heyman have, although the current build towards this match hasn't been the best (Table spot off the ramp, Punk faking his knee injury (and the awkward moment that ensued), etc)

Otherwise... Eh. They announced a few matches on SD tonight (Wyatt/Kofi, R-Truth/Axel) that I'm just not that interested in. Bryan's storyline captivates me, but the match with Orton on Sunday probably wouldn't... Rhodes Dynasty/Shield could be a fun match, but not enough for me to really consider ordering. And, I just don't care about RVD/ADR enough to even provide an honest opinion.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I have to agree, there just wasn't much of a build-up to Battleground. They could've brought back WarGames match for this pay-per-view only, since the names are related. It would've helped to increase the buyrates as well. I know that they don't like using ideas thought by other wrestling organizations, but still. Since they've bought WCW, they do own the copyrights to WarGames, don't they? So, why not? They could have paired up Randy Orton with Shield quite easily, and had them go against Bryan, the Rhodes brothers, and maybe Big Show. The winning team could then face-off against each other later throughout the show for the WWE championship.

Anyway, what would you guys like to see Orton do after he's done with his feud with Bryan? Should he still remain in the main-event scene, or should he go back down the ladder like he did before he made his heel turn? In my opinion, he should get himself into some sort of a program with Big Show. Either that, or, like I mentioned in one of my previous posts, he could become a member of the Shield. Once he's a member, he could get into a feud with the Rhodes family and help Shield do some of Triple H's "dirty work."

Last edited:

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
THE DIE HARD FAN OF WWE IS HERE !!! THATS ME ! I always talk about WWE in twitter and i like it a lot. Well my idol is John Cena he is the man who deserved the respect the support of true fans. He is the real champs well i shocked when Bryan defeated John Cena in Night of Champion and i don't like orton. Now he is a heel that why i hate him much more. Now i think John Cena will come back and defeat Orton with all the respect he deserved and the loyaliti the unitity and every single thing he need he will get and in this thing WWE Championship belt is in hit list. And when cena return to the World Wrestling Entertainment he will kick Orton's ass.

And it doesn't mean that i hate orton that means that i doesn't respect him. NOOO i respect the viper its because of the plot that they are playing Orton, Ryback all are honest peoples but its the WWE plot that they need to act like it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Unfortunately, no championship titles have changed hands tonight at Battleground—I'm a little dissapointed about that. :( I know that they're trying to maintain the titles' prestige by giving the holders longer reigns, but still. If they really want to bring some importance back into these title belts, then they should start having people do major feuds over them. The only championship that seems to have an interesting storyline going is the WWE title. The others are just lost in the shuffle, sort of.

Since Alberto has successfully defended his belt against RVD for the second time, I wonder if he'll be moving over to feud with someone else? If so, then who could it be? Ziggler may be able to go up against him, but he's had his chance already.

Years
If it weren't for that swerve at the end, I would've predicted Battleground's results perfectly, which shows how boring and predictable this PPV was on paper. And like you said, the only interesting championship feud right now is for the WWE title, and with another 3 week turnaround, I can't see anything in-depth story happening before Hell in a Cell.

As for the World Championship, I'm looking at the roster and based on recent results, I'm honestly stumped at who the next shot could go to. The three best candidates look to be RVD, Ziggler and Big Show, all of whom have feuded with ADR over the title in the past. I wouldn't mind seeing Bray Wyatt move in that direction either, but it's still too early for him, and I don't really have interest in a heel vs. heel feud at all.

Years
Battleground had very poor booking. I didn't care for 90% of the PPV. CM Punk being my favorite wrestler obviously left me biased in terms of which 10% I did want to see but man, what's happening to WWE? It's nice to see Cody Rhodes doing well but what happened to people like Ziggler who were on a good run for a while?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 10, 2014
#IAmChikara (wrestling/ARG)

To fans of comics and wrestling, I need not explain what Chikara is or what it means to us. To others, this is a very foreign land. Armies of human ants battle Scandinavian goblin monsters. A luchadore from outer-space competes against an obnoxious football player and his turn-of-the-century baseball player friend. A mantis-man practitioner of magick combats the efforts of a Swiss collective of power-mad villains. Ancient Egyptian deities war with walking, talking ice cream people. Then it get's weird...

Chikara, as a promotion, ceased operation in June of this year under...mysterious circumstances...but there is a movement. A revolution. The fire of Chikara still burns in the hearts of those of us ready to stand and fight for what we believe in. Now we need you. We need you to spread the word, to let the people know that we still believe. Search for "Chikara 101" and join the fight. #IAmChikara, are you?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
They, for some reason, seem to suddenly have lost all of their interest in Ziggler. :( I'm quite disappointed about that, because he's such a talented wrestler. He may not be that good on the microphone, but in the ring, he's fantastic. He has the ability to sell any moves that are thrown at him, even the most ridiculous-looking ones. It would be a major waste to simply let all those talent go down the drain.

They most likely can't think of any good programs for Ziggler right now, since they've been a lot busy with the big story that's been going around on RAW lately. Once they do figure out something for him, he'll rise back up on the card in no time. I'm positive.

Also, John Cena has been announced to make his return at Hell in a Cell last Monday, as he'll be going head-to-head against Alberto Del Rio for the World Heavyweight Championship. How do you all feel about this? Personally, I think that match-up was a little random. They should've allowed Del Rio to continue his feud with RVD, and make John Cena make his return in some other kind of way. Maybe they should have made him the guest referee of the fight between Bryan and Orton—it would've added a little more importance to the match.

I don't know if Cena will be winning or not, but if he does, then he'll become a champion for the twelfth time (or is it thirteen?). After a few more title wins, he might as well be able to break Rick Flair's record, who's held on to a world title for approximately sixteen time. d:

Years
John Cena, eh? I'm still a little shocked, but I missed Cena a lot. Don't get me wrong; seeing Bryan in the main event was a fantastic sight, especially when in a fresh feud with Randy Orton and The Administration.

That being said... It was still weird not seeing Cena every week. I liked him when he was 'mid-carding' in the feud with Ziggler, it was fresh and exactly what Dolph needed to get over (although, like you mentioned, Perdition Haze, they seemed to have lost interest in him for whatever reason.)

That also being said, this isn't a mid-card feud, unless that's how you view the WHC. Of course, he'll still take up a lot of time on RAW, but it's not "the" main event. It'll actually be kind of exciting; there have been a lot of rumours/speculation as to what could go down at HIAC with Del Rio/Cena. The one I saw that stuck out to me was, well...

Spoiler:

Years
The more I think about it, that scenario is probably the way I'd be most open to Cena coming back, and it would breathe some fresh air into the World Heavyweight title picture. That being said, it doesn't really help with the fact that there aren't any other faces that deserve to be in the World title hunt, as it would just be using Cena as a transitional champion (unless he was going to continue feuding for the belt, that is).

I don't know. I've never been a Cena fan all the way back to his rapping US Champion days, so any time he's gone for a little while, I'm happy. His feud with Ziggler was good though, and really should've been the thing that catapulted Dolph to permanent main event status, rather than having him even further down the card less than a year later.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
The WHC is not a mid-card title, but it's certainly not main-event level either. It's sort of in-between, like the position that the Intercontinental Championship was in back at the Golden Era. People use this title to legitimize themselves as a main-eventer, and make them eligible to compete for the WWE championship. Anyway, Alberto Del Rio has been holding on to the World Heavyweight title for quite a long time. He may finally lose it at Hell in a Cell. When Cena takes the belt off of him, I'd like him to continue his feud with Alberto for a PPV or two. After that, he could move on to a young, upcoming star. Whoever manages to beat Cena would instantly be skyrocketed to the main event picture, I'm positive. Either that, or when he's finally finished with Del Rio, he could join the program between Bryan, Orton, and The Administration. This would involve two of the company's biggest titles in one, single feud, something that hasn't happened in a while. Maybe they could use this as an opportunity to merge the two belts, which people have been requesting to see for an extremely long time. (:

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Cena does seem to be the go-to person if a young superstar wants to rise to popularity. Well, him, and Triple H, imo. If Cena comes back, I'd like him to have.. more of an aggressive persona, if that makes sense; like, people have been saying that Cena needs to go heel. Honestly, I don't think he necessarily needs to go heel, eveen though I'd love to see that, but, I'd also like Cena if he had his comical side, and had more of a aggressive side to him that goes, look at me the wrong way, and I'll beat you up. Hm, I'm not sure how he can join in the feud against Bryan and Orton, but, him vs Del Rio, I'd like to see again. You know, with them, I'd like to see a rivalry that was like CM Punk vs Cena - that was amazing, and with this era, it's certainly doable!

Honest

Hi!
Years
I'm still trying to get over how freaking crazy Cena's recovery's been. I mean, the dude was supposed to be out for four months. He's coming back having only been out for half of that. Holy crap.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
I'm still trying to get over how freaking crazy Cena's recovery's been. I mean, the dude was supposed to be out for four months. He's coming back having only been out for half of that. Holy crap.

Yeah, Cena makes the most miraculous recoveries. xD

Once he had a serious neck injury that would put someone out for months, and came back about 3 days later.

Years
Fun fact: The first time you actually see Big E Langston is actually during John Cena's promo at the 2012 Elimination Chamber. I'm re-watching that PPV now :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Cena suffered a severe neck injury back at Extreme Rules, when he was in a match against Ryback. They were both at the entrance ramp, and John Cena was just preparing to use an Attitude Adjustment. Before he was able to successfully execute the move, Ryback managed to counter it with a hard-hitting spear. He speared Cena through the main structure behind the ramp, which caused Cena to land on his neck and be taken backstage on a stretcher by ring officials. Some people thought it was kayfabe, but in actuality, it really wasn't. Ryback hurt himself too (as he was completely unconscious after striking the attack), but it wasn't as serious as Cena.

Big E was at Elimination Chamber last year? I actually haven't noticed him. xD Was he with the crowd?

Last edited:
Back