• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

Miau

If I fits...
Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    While I'm not actively breeding for shinies, I do use a foreign parent if possible when I'm IV breeding, just in case I get a lucky break. So far, my only MM shiny is Heinz the Helioptile, Timid nature + Dry Skin ability, and has 4 perfect IVs. I got him in around 30 eggs or so, definitely the most luckiest I ever got in a Pokemon game ^^

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2014
    I have hatched about 300 treeckos and still havnt got a shiny yet, i know that its like 1/1365 or something but i always see people getting shinys and only hatching about 50-200 eggs. help me

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I have hatched about 300 treeckos and still havnt got a shiny yet, i know that its like 1/1365 or something but i always see people getting shinys and only hatching about 50-200 eggs. help me
    I never really count how many eggs it takes me, but it never takes a huge amount. I recommend taking breaks from it (including taking the parents out of daycare). Not sure if taking Pokemon out of day-care for a while does anything to the odds, but I usually get my shiny Pokemon on the second or third "runs". The first run I focus more on getting IVs, so I am never disappointed.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2014
    Masuda Method

if im using a French Male Eevee, and my own Female Eevee from my own game, will it work? i keep getting mixed answers about if it will work or not and i want to be 100% sure before i keep breeding with them. i have hatched around 150-200 eggs with no luck.

Tunuko

Huntin' Shinies!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2014
    You need 2 different regions, any will work. If the French eevee has "FRE" in a black box on its summary and the female has nothing, or something different, then you're fine.

Chances only go down to about 1/1400 - I hatched over 1000 eevee eggs before giving up T_T

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2014
    You need 2 different regions, any will work. If the French eevee has "FRE" in a black box on its summary and the female has nothing, or something different, then you're fine.

Chances only go down to about 1/1400 - I hatched over 1000 eevee eggs before giving up T_T

Thank you very much for answering so fast, i was worried that i had done something wrong since there was so many people saying they got their shiny pretty much instantly when they used the Masuda Method. i figured i wouldnt be lucky like them. Dont give up! Shiny Eevee is the best.

AB-80

Been Down Since Day One.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2014

Currently trying to hatch a shiny eevee myself.. In the 1000 egg range. Hard to keep going. Especially when you hear about people hatching shinies in 2 eggs or 4 eggs. Ridiculous.

Tunuko

Huntin' Shinies!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2014
    Currently trying to hatch a shiny eevee myself.. In the 1000 egg range. Hard to keep going. Especially when you hear about people hatching shinies in 2 eggs or 4 eggs. Ridiculous.

Yeah T_T I got a shiny ekans by Masuda while just breeding them to fill my pokedex through GTS. Got him at 180ish... Eevee though... my days.

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2014
    i havent tried eevee yet but most of mine have happend before 500 but i fear chespin is going to take a while. its hit or miss.It only took 5 eggs for a shiny zorua but 486 for ghastly. I used my japanese ditto.

Years
  • It took my 3995 for my second Eevee lol. But it only took 160 for my first. It is very hit and miss, you really just have to be patient.

AB-80

Been Down Since Day One.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2014
    3,995 eggs for a shiny eevee? Wish you wouldn't have told me that. Might give it up after hearing that. -_-

Winneon

[b][color=#fb0120]しょう[/color][color=#fc6d24]が[/col
    Years
  • I'm about 30 eggs or 1 box in with a Gible MM batch. Haven't got one yet, but seeing as it sometimes takes forever to get one, example, in the thousands, I'm not expecting one anytime soon.

Last edited:

Nusdogg

6IV Shiny Master
    Years
  • Currently trying to hatch a shiny eevee myself.. In the 1000 egg range. Hard to keep going. Especially when you hear about people hatching shinies in 2 eggs or 4 eggs. Ridiculous.

The best shiny egg hatching ever for me was a shiny Bulbasaur around 67 eggs or so after I already got shiny Charmander and Squirtle. I was shocked!

Years
  • Okay, so I have a question and an experience with attempting the Masada method. In my black version I learned about the masuda method and decided to try it. I traded my Emboar for a female Charizard from the UK and started trying. I don't know what I did wrong, but I didn't stop trying. I have 120 Charmanders on my Black version because I didn't was to believe that it wouldn't work. So my question is: What did I do wrong? Does it have to be a Pokemon whose name is in a different language or something?

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years
  • Okay, so I have a question and an experience with attempting the Masada method. In my black version I learned about the masuda method and decided to try it. I traded my Emboar for a female Charizard from the UK and started trying. I don't know what I did wrong, but I didn't stop trying. I have 120 Charmanders on my Black version because I didn't was to believe that it wouldn't work. So my question is: What did I do wrong? Does it have to be a Pokemon whose name is in a different language or something?

In the Gen. V games, you can check the Pokedex entry for it, and if it there is an entry in a different language, then the Pokemon is probably foreign (or if the Pokemon's name is in Korean/Japanese characters/different localization name/etc.). I've never really looked into the Masuda Method in previous generations though because it was rather difficult to tell if a Pokemon was foreign or not.

However, I believe your Charizard and other Pokemon are from the same language region (ergo, both are English Pokemon) so the Masuda Method will not work with that pair. Correct me if I'm wrong, but English Pokemon games are all considered to be in the same 'region,' so US & UK Pokemon are not Foreign to each other.

Foreign Pokemon are considered as those that fall into any of these language regions that is different from your own: "Japanese, English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, and Korean. [source: bulbapedia]"

Last edited:

Kite [Argus]

Onion Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2014
    ~ 255 eggs into my Tepig hunt, no dice yet.
    This is really putting a strain on my soul ;+;

Back