• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 27, 2017
After what feels like 500-1000 eggs I finally got a shiny Solosis. Female, Quiet nature, All perfect IVs barring speed (which Reuniclus doesn't need anyways), and with the ability Magic Guard. :)
Going to be trying a Trick Room + Life Orb set with her.

Years
1512 Anoriths hatched...
I stopped and took a break for a month, I'm now up at 1512 eggs hatched and no shiny. Is that even possible? I mean I have the shiny charm and all! You'd think i would have gotten one by now. Oh well I'm still not giving up ._.

Years
I got a shiny charmander (with random ivs) after 500 eggs and shiny dratini 6 ivs after 12 eggs :3

Years
I'm back with another Shiny that I managed to hatch today.

picture.php

Got myself a Shiny Zorua after around four on and off months of hatching eggs. I want to go after a Shiny Charmander next, but I don't have a foreign Charmander in my Pokemon X game. I have one in my Pokemon Y game, but I seem to have no luck with the MM in that game.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
1512 Anoriths hatched...
I stopped and took a break for a month, I'm now up at 1512 eggs hatched and no shiny. Is that even possible? I mean I have the shiny charm and all! You'd think i would have gotten one by now. Oh well I'm still not giving up ._.
It's a 1 in 1,024 chance, I think, so yes - it's possible. Keep counting. You'll get there eventually, and maybe even get two in one batch!

Years
I accidentally got a shiny Togepi with English Togetic and Japanese Ditto.

Now I'm ACTUALLY TRYING for a shiny swablu, using Japanese Ditto again. So far I've hatched 25 eggs, and I have a shiny charm. I'm really hoping I don't end up having to hatch 500 eggs for this thing but if I do, I frickin will

Dark Phantom Samurai

Finesse & Perfection
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
Nope, i've counted and counted and i've gone through more than 2000 eggs, currently at the time of this post i have hatched a total of 2,146 eggs. The foreign pokemon is a spanish ditto, I have yet to see a shinny Beldum.

I suppose in my case, Im very unlucky :)

Years
It's a 1 in 1,024 chance, I think, so yes - it's possible. Keep counting. You'll get there eventually, and maybe even get two in one batch!

Wasn't the chance 1/682? Anyway it is still quite possible that it takes this long to hatch a shiny (you can check the statistics of a geometric distribution with parameter 1/682). My longest turn to hatch a shiny was well above 2000 eggs, and yet my mean hatching time is quite close to the actual proposed chance :)

Nope, i've counted and counted and i've gone through more than 2000 eggs, currently at the time of this post i have hatched a total of 2,146 eggs. The foreign pokemon is a spanish ditto, I have yet to see a shinny Beldum.

I suppose in my case, Im very unlucky
1.%20smile.gif

I've looked it up in the geometric distribution and under the proposed chance of 1/682, +- 96% would have had their shiny by now (And also 96% of your tries, so keep trying it is a matter of chance!)

Last edited:

Dark Phantom Samurai

Finesse & Perfection
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
I've looked it up in the geometric distribution and under the proposed chance of 1/682, +- 96% would have had their shiny by now (And also 96% of your tries, so keep trying it is a matter of chance!)

Now I'm up to over 2,500 perhaps more. I don't think I even need to count anymore :( In the end I believe it is a waste of time trying to get a single Pokemon with an altered colour. Let alone if i get lucky enough to get it with any more than 3, 31IVs. Ill have to resume the hunt later on, because put simply the game says: No shinny for you Formula_Grande! :(

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 7, 2016
Had to hatch 100+ eggs to get a shiny Goomy. Worth it. I named it Cake~

Trying for a shiny Joltik.

Nusdogg

6IV Shiny Master
Years
Just happen to hatch a shiny Scatterbug after almost 20 eggs while looking for one with a Timid nature for some 5-6IV breeding. Lol. It has Hasty nature with prolly 1 IV. Nothing to be excited about.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 24, 2014
Would a Spanish Vulpix breeded with a English Ninetales considered as a combination for Masuda Method eligibility.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 24, 2014
Ok thats good just saying I have hatched around 35 eggs up to this point (all vulpix) and no shiny yet. I guess keep on trying until I get at least one shiny vulpix.

Years
I just managed to hatch a shiny Ralts! Took two boxes to do, which was much quicker than what I had to go through to get my shiny Absol. Unfortunately he has Trace rather than Telepathy, which was what I was after, but hey ho. Going to try for a shiny Rufflet next, I think.

shayminskyforme88

Collecting Events
Years
I got a Shiny Klefki by accident lately. I was just breeding Klefkis for competitive purposes when one of them turned out to be shiny. Sadly, it only has 4 IVs and one of which is in the stat I want flawed.

Back