• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga One thing you hate about anime?

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I think the only thing I really dislike about anime is how many series fall into the same cliche genres and tropes, and each season there's about 20 that air, and only 2 to 3 that really stand out among all the other hoards of series that kinda feel like the same ol' thing you've seen before.

yrmrku

Yer-Mur-Ku
Years
  • Age 28
  • US
  • Seen Feb 8, 2017
The whole "yandere" thing. It's not attractive to be completely psychotic, and any romance plot involving a yandere just screams abusive relationship which makes me feel physical ill to read/watch. I couldn't stand Future Diary because of that one chick.

Cordeline

7th Horizon: Märchen
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Nov 12, 2021
I hate it when series try to be too original in some way. Hand Shakers has an animation that is literally unwatchable due to it causing motion sickness...

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
Years
  • Age 33
  • PA
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
The only complaint I really have is unnecessary ecchi-ness. It's okay sometimes to throw it in there for some comedic effect, but when you're right in the middle of a great action-packed anime and there's just girls exposing themselves here and there for no reason at all, it's irritating.
if your talking about an anime like queen's bade, its not so much the exposure from clothing getting cut off as much as the fact that clothing gets cut off with very little to no damage to the skin.
also kill la kill managed pulled it off in both a comedic effect & made it into a form of character development.
but yeah, the fan service dose get a good bit out of control.
Never ending plot. Bleach, Naruto, One piece, DBZ. . . I get it. You get super duper strong, but there is always an even more super duper stronger mostest bestest betterer than you villain out there.
i can agree with bleach and naruto because they went down hill after a good while in, but one piece and dragon ball are both still going strong.

Pedophilia, of any kind. Or making technically adult age girls look like lollies just for fan service. So stupid and actually pretty gross in my opinion. They can say the girl is 18 but it's anime; They can still make her look 5 if they want. The fact that it's actually normalizing that kind of thing is just insane to me.
depends upon how low it goes really, i mean selena gomez still looks like a teenager and i know a girl whose 24 and looks 13, but any lower then that is uncalled for.

And also Stupid main characters I have encountered this at least once But i still dislike it in it's own ways Take for example Ash newbie pokemon trainer who travels across the Regions trying to become the best trainer In the world But it just falls apart Because he just don't seem to u
understand what he is doing wrong And it never changes he just does the same mistake over and over again I just couldn't take that anymore and i had to drop the show after the Second generation
well, he wasn't anywhere near that bad in xyz, though sun & moon seem to have rebooted his character again...
they really need to get rid of him. i vote for scrapping the current anime for an anime based on pokemon special/adventures
I almost forget to mention massive sexual abuse Why does this have to be a thing? I just get disgusted when the anime i'm watching throws this in all of the sudden The only anime that i have seen that had this kind of thing Was Mirai nikki I just had to walk away from the screen And think about what is this What did i just see.
that's less anime and more of the psychological thriller and horror genre in general, which is supposed to play into the viewer's nightmares, fears, revulsion's and terror of the unknown.
the very fact that you had that reaction means that it did as intended.

Oversexualization in general is what annoys me in an anime.

Examples:
1. Female characters being created with boobs larger than their head.
people like that do exist irl, but i agree it is overboard.

The whole "yandere" thing. It's not attractive to be completely psychotic, and any romance plot involving a yandere just screams abusive relationship which makes me feel physical ill to read/watch. I couldn't stand Future Diary because of that one chick.
to be fair, she went crazy after being abused to the breaking point and killed her abusive mother and father who was never around and it did end in her first trying to kill the mc, but eventually killing herself.
though most of her memories where later transplanted into her parallel resulting in her counterpart doing this:
Spoiler:

that incarnation of yuno however, never went crazy and thus she never became a yandere.
i never understood why they changed up the ending of the anime like they did...

smocks

fiat lux
Years
fan service & fan service yuck

also the same lesson used again and again in the same anime & an anime's story being used again in another. where's the originality lol

yrmrku

Yer-Mur-Ku
Years
  • Age 28
  • US
  • Seen Feb 8, 2017
also the same lesson used again and again in the same anime & an anime's story being used again in another. where's the originality lol

That happens in books, movies, TV shows, video games, everywhere. There are no original ideas, ever, there's only semi-unique twists on tales that have existed since the dawn of fiction.

smocks

fiat lux
Years
That happens in books, movies, TV shows, video games, everywhere. There are no original ideas, ever, there's only semi-unique twists on tales that have existed since the dawn of fiction.

well aware but its gotten to anime a lot imo, I swear theres anime that are exact copies but have different character names which is really quite a shame

shadowmoon522

Years
  • Age 33
  • PA
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
well aware but its gotten to anime a lot imo, I swear theres anime that are exact copies but have different character names which is really quite a shame

well, theres only so many shades of human. look around and you start seeing there are quite a few people look about the same.
no one is really immune from this.
not even the pope
tumblr_nvdefqcTiB1qbn1vmo1_1280.jpg

User19sq

Something I hate is dub name-changes that are unnecessary. Like Tatsumaki/Tornado for One-Punch Man. I get that they both mean the same thing (mostly), but it would've been cute if she'd kept "Tatsumaki" in her international appearances.

Years
Something I hate is dub name-changes that are unnecessary. Like Tatsumaki/Tornado for One-Punch Man. I get that they both mean the same thing (mostly), but it would've been cute if she'd kept "Tatsumaki" in her international appearances.

That one actually makes sense since it's an rather than her birth name. Though she doesn't actually have a name that's been given out. It also makes it more accessible to those who aren't anywhere near as deep into anime as you or I happen to be.

shadowmoon522

Years
  • Age 33
  • PA
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024

shes actually called "Tornado of Terror" in the original & both mangas, so it is still spot on.
also on the topic of changes in one punch man...
6c0591973527eede665616dae6e200f0a2edc9a36411d255d12402442902ad10.jpg

5a7f9b6ac324b326eb164793cf54c6ea951211c03a5a5364cc5db182534217a4.gif

why did they change his shirt? the black one that said hage(bald) looked better.
the spray can though i have no qualms with, that was actually an improvement.
especially considering the mosquito has a gas mask on...
295836a9ca3627338c873e4bc5c9e56a7534ce4fe7ee75420e9553ad4d929aac.gif

Back