• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Proposal: "Things you didn't know"

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
This could be an ongoing series of some sort or a single article with a list. Basically, the idea is that we talk about some of the lesser known things about Pokemon, whether it be the anime, games, trading card game, company etc. These could be quirky facts, or really interesting tidbits of information that aren't so well known amongst the community. A flimsy example would be that Pikachu was not really the first Pokemon intended to be the mascot of the franchise. It'd be a "Did you know?" so to speak; cliche I know.

How this would fit in each issue or if it's even relevant enough to be included (since this is really PC-oriented) project is something I'd like to discuss. Thoughts?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
How this would fit in each issue or if it's even relevant enough to be included (since this is really PC-oriented) project is something I'd like to discuss. Thoughts?
To clarify, there won't be an issue release - every article goes up separately. So like everything else something like this would be a standalone article.

As for the idea itself, I like it! I feel it'd be better as multiple articles, especially as it can work on different levels. For instance, they could be the mentioned quirky facts, or lesser known pieces of information, while others can be guides that say explain game mechanics (e.g. physical versus special stats, to take an example raised in a chat elsewhere). Certainly am all for articles of those sorts.

Thing is, I'm not sure all of those levels work under the same category, so maybe we should define some article series under "Did you know?" or some similar title for the quirkier facts, and have others under other categories/series like Guides or whatnot.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Double posting to showcase that double posting is fine in the section within reason!

I'm alright with throwing around a bunch of ideas, while specific ones you want to write/want to see written (and have some details to share on) should be pitched within new threads.

We need to decide on a general article naming scheme for quirkier facts/trivia. So... "Did you know: ___", "PokeTrivia: ____", ???

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
We need to decide on a general article naming scheme for quirkier facts/trivia. So... "Did you know: ___", "PokeTrivia: ____", ???
"Did you know: ___" is used a lot around the Internet for a lot of different fact-sharing sites. So I'm not sure if we'd want to follow the same thing or do something different. "PokéTrivia: ___" might work because it ties into how we're just covering Pokemon trivia, and the fact that it's kind of a snappier-sounding title.

I do like this idea though! It would be nice to have a collective area where little pieces of trivia is posted so more people can learn about them.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
"Did you know: ___" is used a lot around the Internet for a lot of different fact-sharing sites. So I'm not sure if we'd want to follow the same thing or do something different. "PokéTrivia: ___" might work because it ties into how we're just covering Pokemon trivia, and the fact that it's kind of a snappier-sounding title.

I do like this idea though! It would be nice to have a collective area where little pieces of trivia is posted so more people can learn about them.
Yeah, I was thinking the same myself, and hence I prefer "PokéTrivia: ___". I think the idea itself is neat too, so the general article series just needs more thoughts (or a lack of disagreement) on the naming of the series. We can start pitching individual articles for this in separate threads in the meantime.

Back