• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Emerald team suggestions

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2021
    Hey everybody,

I've recently started to play Pokemon Emerald again. I'm currently wondering what my team should look like.

Here's my team so far:

Swampert - Level 38
    Manectric - Level 30
    Torkoal - Level 33
    Gardevoir - Level 30
    Hariyama - Level 29
    Skarmory - Level 30

I've just beat the Fortree City gym and i'm exploring route 122 (i think).
    Do you guys have any changes to my team. I know Altaria might be better then Skarmory but it will take me some time leveling a Swablu.

Any suggestions or things that I need to focus on would be much appreciated. Thanks 😀

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    The main thing to look at is who the major opponents left in the game are and change your team according to that, if necessary. So that would be for you Tate&Liza, Archie, Maxie, Juan, the Elite 4, and Wallace. Swampert+Manectric is a great pair that puts in a lot of work against those opponents. Having something else that can learn some of the water HMs (Dive in particular) helps a lot so Swampert can have some moveset variety (it having an Ice attack will help a lot vs Drake). Torkoal is probably not too useful anymore, it doesn't really do much against those people (Glacia's team is more Water than Ice really, and Ice has other weaknesses to exploit).

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2021
    Thanks for the reply I have a level 31 Lombre in my PC which I subbed out for Gardevoir. Maybe that would be better then Torkoal? Or maybe I could catch a Magikarp and try to get Gyarados?

Maybe I should consider some other Water pokemon?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Lombre/Ludicolo would be good, the Grass typing has its uses, and that might be a little easier to make use of since you have that level 31 one already. Might also want a Dark type or something for Phoebe, though idk what to recommend there.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    If you want to be fancy you could always try using Manectric with Bite against Phoebe. Bite is a Dark Type move afterall. But tbh. Dark Types are kinda meh in gen 3. If you run into trouble with her maybe try Banette with Shadow Ball? Ghost is physical in gen 3 and Banette is the best physical Ghost you can find.

Tbh. the team looks pretty good as is. Hariyama for example is a good HM user and the rest should easily be capable of learning the missing HM moves. Torkoal is probably your most expendable member in the group. Skarmory is cool because Steel types are pretty good in general so I'd keep it. And Swampert+Manectric+Gardevoir work pretty well as hard hitting mons. Especially with moves like Thunderbold, Psychic, Earthquake and Surf.

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2021
    Thanks for your reply. I've used shadow ball on Gardevior I don't know if that was a noob move. But i've change Torkoal for Lombre and will wait until he learns Hydro pump.

yamibakura95

Shadow Gamer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2022
    drop anything but pert, haryama and manectric. these three all you really need to get through the league without much trouble. I used breloom over harayma due to being availbale earlier.

Back