• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Potential Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Virtual Console title for US

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    I don't have a Wii U either, which is a shame. I'd like to try out Explorers of Sky to see how the story changed from Time/Darkness.

Awesome job, Team Fail, for finding out this information!

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I don't have a Wii U, but I really like the idea of this game coming to the US. I keep debating whether to get a Wii U or not (was leaning towards waiting for more info on the NX and backwards compatibility at this point), but Pokemon games always help sell consoles for me, though I don't know whether I would be dying to play this enough to get a console for it (plus other games, of course; I just need a system seller, and nothing has sold me enough yet). I've never actually played Sky, actually, though I played both Time and Darkness, and I've always heard such great things about it. That was around the time I finally acknowledged that I would be better off getting every version released for Pokemon games (more for main games, but I suppose it would have applied to third versions of PMD, too), rather than choosing my preferred version and debating whether to get another game later on.

Outlier

I assume it's only a matter of time before it gets released for the 3DS virtual console worldwide. As much as I love the PMD series I'm not buying a Wii U just to play Explorers.

COOLTRAINER♂

Speedball 2: Brutal Vanilluxe
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2019
    Why only the US? :(

I assume it's only a matter of time before it gets released for the 3DS virtual console worldwide. As much as I love the PMD series I'm not buying a Wii U just to play Explorers.

It's not possible to make a DS virtual console for the 3DS.

COOLTRAINER♂

Speedball 2: Brutal Vanilluxe
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2019
    Why not? You can download the gameboy generation of Pokemon games from the 3DS virutal console.

The DS has so much more processing power than the Game Boy, that approach isn't possible. You can play a DS cartridge inserted in your 3DS but it can't use any extra features of the 3DS, and you can't load a DS game off the system memory or an SD card either.

Fannie

Don't let my milk go lumpy
    Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 31, 2016
    I don't have a Wii U, but I really like the idea of this game coming to the US. I keep debating whether to get a Wii U or not (was leaning towards waiting for more info on the NX and backwards compatibility at this point), but Pokemon games always help sell consoles for me, though I don't know whether I would be dying to play this enough to get a console for it (plus other games, of course; I just need a system seller, and nothing has sold me enough yet). I've never actually played Sky, actually, though I played both Time and Darkness, and I've always heard such great things about it. That was around the time I finally acknowledged that I would be better off getting every version released for Pokemon games (more for main games, but I suppose it would have applied to third versions of PMD, too), rather than choosing my preferred version and debating whether to get another game later on.

It's Bayonetta 2 and Pokken Tournament that sell it for me. I want to be patient and wait for the price to drop before I seriously consider purchasing. #broke4lyfe

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    It's Bayonetta 2 and Pokken Tournament that sell it for me. I want to be patient and wait for the price to drop before I seriously consider purchasing. #broke4lyfe

I don't know enough about Bayonetta for it to sell the system for me, but I have heard good things about it. I feel like that, Pokken, and a couple of other things are all items that I would probably pick up if I got a console, but I'm having a hard time justifying the cost when the system is going to be replaced within the next year. It's a shame the gamepad drives up the manufacturing cost so much.

Looking at this thread, it seems like there are a lot of people who haven't bothered making the leap to the Wii U. I wonder if Nintendo will come out with any better Wii U deals before the thing dies out completely. My guess is that they won't do much, but who knows? A price drop would be really nice.

Back