• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was (is) the hardest Gym for you and why?

Jacella__2583

Erin, She Who Accrues Shiny Mudkips
Years
  • Hiya, everyone! Just wanna know what Gym you struggled with, be it because of the Gym Leader or the getting around in said Gym, or even the Trainers themselves! Personally, I always struggled with the 5th one because Norman's party is super streamlined and surprisingly strong for being exclusively Normal types (which is why I now carry Sableye, to deal with those pesky creatures).

Years
  • Elesa's Gym from the Unova region was hard. Those two damn Emolga's were annoying. The Pokemon I had on my team were a grass type which are weak against flying type, a water and flying type which are weak against electric type, a ground type which has no effect on flying type, in the beginning of the match, I used Roggenrola which managed to weaken the first Emolga but Roggenrola fainted and I ended up having to use a Blitzle which is an electric type. My Blitzle had to defeat those two annoying Emolgas and I had my Blitzle spamming the move Flame Charge on them.

Jacella__2583

Years
  • Oh sorry, I meant of the Hoenn gyms which was the hardest, sorry that I didn't make that clear lol

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Oh sorry, I meant of the Hoenn gyms which was the hardest, sorry that I didn't make that clear lol

You could do it for every region ;).

For me, based on region, it?d be the following:

Kanto: For me, it?s always been Misty if you can?t take down her Starmie fast enough. Not only does she love to turn it into a Physical Tank via Harden and X Defense, her Bubblebeam(or Water Pulse in FRLG) can hurt you quite a bit at that point in the game. An honorable mention is Koga and Giovanni in Yellow version. Double Team is an underrated move and if you allow either Gym Leader to use it(Koga and his Venomoth while Giovanni has his Persian), you?re in for a painful match.
    Johto: A lot of people will say it?s Whtney and that Miltank but for me, I?ve never been fond of Gym Leaders with Status moves and Clair is that Gym Leader. Her first two Dragonairs both know Thunder Wave and Paralysis can just ruin your day. Honorable mention is Morty though. Ghost types can really cause problems if you don?t have a Super Effective counter.
    Hoenn: Tough one but I?ll go with Wallace. Milotic is a pain for a reason, but honorable mention for Tate and Liza(Double battle with Psychic types).
    Sinnoh: Fantina for me. Never been fond of using Normal Types in my team and I struggle to even use Dark Types(which counter Ghost).
    Unova: Iris, be it Champion or Gym Leader. Girl just knows how to beat your butt if you don?t bring Dragon, Ice or Steel Types.
    Kalos: Valerie... new Fairy Typing is a force to be reckoned with.
    Alola: Acerola... even if she?s Elite Four, this Loli just kicks some butt if you let her(would make Agatha proud).

Last edited:

Resolve

I have it
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 2, 2020
    I suppose I should do one for every region as well.

Kanto: Misty for various reasons. The rest of them are pushovers.
    Johto: Clair. Jesus Christ.
    Hoenn: it'd be Norman along with his evil Slaking.
    Sinnoh: probably Fantina (Platinum) because most, if not all, of the Pok?mon available at that point don't last long against her. Might've missed something though, but I had difficulty in dealing with her.
    Unova: Maybe Lenora. None from BW2 by the way.
    Kalos and Alola: lmao what

I don't grind so it probably might have been different if I did.

Last edited:

Jacella__2583

Years
  • Yeah, including them all is a better idea lol so I guess I'll put the rest of the ones I struggle with.
    Kanto: Koga and his annoying Poison types... Toxic is a pain!
    Johto: Clair and her Dragon types are super strong against any methods I've tried besides another Dragon type (you know what they say: Can't beat 'em? Join 'em.)
    Sinnoh: #6: Byron. I love Steelix but it is a pain to kill if you don't have a type advantage
    Unova: Iris and HER Dragon types (I think I'm noticing a trend with Dragon type Gyms)
    Kalos: Haven't played it yet so I'm undecided.
    Alola: Ha, funny joke (On a more serious note: the Grass Trial kept me stuck on it for weeks, even when I trained all my 'Mons above that accursed mantis...)

Back