• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Friends

Years
  • Seen Dec 5, 2011
Friends is an American sitcom created by David Crane and Marta Kauffman, which aired on NBC from September 22, 1994 to May 6, 2004. The series revolves around a group of friends in Manhattan.
Anyone watches/d Friends? Who is your favorite character, and why? What is your favorite moment(s) or scene(s) from the show?

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
I'll be there for you~

I love Friends. In my honest opinion, which should be a fact (in my other opinion), Friends is the funniest show there ever was. It is also consequently the best show I have ever watched, because even though it ended in 2004, the jokes still get me and I still cry in the sad scenes. I still yell at Joey for being a total idiot but still love him for his loyalty to his friends. The show is just timeless to me.
I know I'm sounding a little bit obsessed here, but I am. I still watch the endless reruns and to my credit (or shame), haven't missed an episode in over two years.
My favorite character? Easily Phoebe, easily. I love her to bits. She was the only one to me who was consistently funny and was consistently likable, as even though she acted like a teenager half the time, she never endeavored to cause harm or be a brat.
My least favorite character by FAR is Ross. God, I hate him. I wish that he wasn't even in the series, that he jumped off a bridge when his wife divorced him for another woman. He is that pathetic to me. I never found anything he said funny, his 'poor me' attitude drove me up the wall. I felt so sorry for Monica, because she had to deal with him growing up.
Favorite moments/scenes?
  • When Phoebe is in charge of the ice at a party
  • Chandler confessing his love for Monica
  • Chandler being robbed of his clothes by Julia Roberts
  • The porcelain dog
  • When Monica got incredibly drunk
  • Danny DeVito strip dancing at Phoebe's birthday
I could list many more, but those come to mind right now.

God bless Friends.

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Omg, I love sitcoms but by far Friends outshines any sitcom I have ever ever ever watched. I laugh at every joke every time, it's got perfect timing and a perfect cast tbh. Lately I've been getting more and more into sitcoms and there are some other funny ones but Friends doesn't come on as often and it makes me really sad. :(

My favorite character would have to be Chandler. He had the best quips out of all the characters imo, I don't have 3904839 reasons like Harlequin up there but I just always thought he was the funniest out of all the characters. I don't have a favorite episode either :( I just love them all!

Blaziken15

You gotta purty mouth!
Years
I love Friends. It's my fav show of like all time. My fav character is either Pheobe or Chandeler because they are hilarious.

I have a few fav quotes from the show:

(Monica has just walked in on Joey and Chandler's freshly robbed by a stupid move by Joey apartment)
Monica: What happened here?
Chandler: Well, Joey was born. And 28 years later, I was robbed!

Phoebe: Yeah, but, Monica — do you really want to be in a relationship where you can actually use the phrase "That's not how your dad used to do it"?
Monica: [indicating each of the group in succession] Fine! Judge all you want to, but: [to Ross] married a lesbian; [to Rachel] left a man at the altar; [to Phoebe] fell in love with a gay ice dancer; [to Joey] threw a girl's wooden leg in a fire; [to Chandler] living in a box!

Chandler: I'm getting my nails done. You said it was going to be fun (Looks his fingers)which kind of it is..
Chandler: You said there would be guys. There are no guys .
Rachel: There is one right there
Chandler: That's a mail man.. That's our mail man.....

Joanna: What are you doing?
Chandler: I'm getting dressed.
Joanna: Why?
Chandler: When I walk outside naked, people throw garbage at me.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!! I love Friends so much. I've seen every episode at least twenty times, and I still watch it most nights on TV.

I love all the characters, but my favourite would be Phoebe. Among my favourite moments would have to be her songs.

Grandma's the person who everyone likes,
She bought you a train and that bright shiny bike,
But lately she hasn't been coming to dinner
And last time you saw she looked so much thinner...

Now, your mom and your dad say she moved to Peru,
But the truth is she died and some day you will too!
Lalalala lalalalala lalalalala lalalala la la la

The cow in the meadow goes moo
Oh, the cow in the meadow goes moo
Then the farmer hits him on the head and grinds him up
And that's how we get hamburgers.
Nooooooow chickens!

Sometimes men love women
And sometimes men love men
Then they are bisexual
Though some just say they're kidding themselves...

AND MY PERSONAL FAVOURITE. The one that had me laughing for a full hour after the first time I heard it...

I made a man with eyes of coal
and a smile so bewitchin'.
How was I supposed to know
that my mom was dead in the kitchen?

EDIT: Just found a list of all the songs for your enjoyment!

Last edited:

Margot

some things are that simple
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2022
-points to avatar-
Yeah, I love this show.

I too own all ten seasons :) I actually started watching the show after I saw all the big ~OMG ARE ROSS AND RACHEL GONNA GET TOGETHER BY THE END OF THE SERIES?!~ commercials on tv. I was only three years-old when the show started, so obviously I got into it a little later.

My favorite characters are primarily the guys but I always feel bad picking favorites because they're all so talented with the show. If I had to pick one guy and one girl though, i'd say Chandler and Rachel. But I'm probably the most like Monica :P

As for seasons, I adore seasons 2, 6, 8, and 9 <3 I love all the episodes but the standouts for me are....The one:

~ with the baby on the bus
~ where ross got high
~ where rachel has a baby
~ with phoebe's wedding
~ with the male nanny
~ with the football

I actually just started re-watching season six for the millionth time.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
I've heard rumors of a Friends movie in the works, but I hope that these rumors stay rumors and that the movie never comes to fruition. Just let Friends stay dead, please. Anything to never see David Schwimmer acting again.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I'm not a massive fan of Friends, but I understand why it has the popularity that it does. It was very accessible and featured characters that were relatable but still funny. I guess it was slightly too broad for my tastes, but if other people like it, good for them.

There was one episode that was all kinds of brilliant, though: 'The One With the Embryos' aka the one with the quiz to determine who gets to live in Monica's apartment. I use the phrase 'transponse-transponster' at least once a week. Thank you, Jennifer Aniston!

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I'm watching Friends right now, and it just happens to be the very episode Mr Cat Dog just mentioned! "He's a transponse-transponster!" "THAT'S NOT EVEN A WORD!"

I've heard rumors of a Friends movie in the works, but I hope that these rumors stay rumors and that the movie never comes to fruition. Just let Friends stay dead, please. Anything to never see David Schwimmer acting again.

Those rumours are just rumours, they've been going around for years. I doubt it'll ever be made, but I'd personally love it to be. I'd love to see them again, see how everything worked out.

Patriсk

warup warup, the sky!
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2012
Smelly Cat, Smelly Cat,
What are they feeding you?
Smelly Cat, Smelly Cat
It's not your fault

Phoebe and Chandler are probably my favorite characters. I adore Chandler's comments --he just can't not say jokes. As for the other characters, Joey is funny in a stupid way, Ross is a tool, Rachel attempts to be funny but always fails, and Monica is okay. I cannot remember any moments --it's been years since I last watched an episode.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
anyone who doesn't think chandler is hands down the best character on the show is probably a ten year old girl

Years
I watch Friends when nothing else is on television. It's not a bad show, and depending on the season they can be pretty funny. My favourite character would have to be... Ross. My favourite moment is definitely the time where Ross is pretending to watch TV in his apartment to fool everybody up in Rachel's apartment (if you know the episode I'm talking about this will make sense).

Back